RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Hello!
    Pretty sure this is the right spot for an introduction, so here goes...
    My name is Hayden and I just signed up! I'm 16, and live in Central Montana.
    I started casting last summer and it's been a lot of fun and I've had good success With it, and now as I want to get deeper into casting, I figured I better sign up here!
    Im really looking forward to being a member on this forum and hope to learn a lot from all of you!

Boolit Mold
    I just joined today, looking to learn and enjoy the community. Im from Ontario, Canada

Vendor Sponsor

hrh2K and IanC
    welcome aboard .. there are many helpful people here .. don't be afraid to ask .. but do take some time to look thru the stickys
    lots of very good info contained there and well worth the reading time
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Banned

Welcome all ...!

Boolit Buddy
    To whomever hosts this site, thank you.

I started reloading in '09. I've been casting since the middle of '15 for 32-20 using BP. Recently added 45 acp and lately, 260 Rem. Very thankful for the wealth of knowledge from the members here.

Blue32

Boolit Master

Welcome to all the new folks here. New casters, old casters- new reloaders, old reloaders, it doesn't matter- This is the best site on the internet for the knowledge base and expertise we have here. Sit back and enjoy. Read the stickies and learn.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

New caster here, been reading a lot and using that search bar every day. It is a decent search and helps me with 99% of my questions. I inherited some casting stuff from my father last month and a .44 cap and ball revolver so I figured I would just take to making my own conical bullets and round balls. I know I could pick them up pretty cheap but I want to go through the process of making boolits myself. I have met nice people in chat, and I even met a member who is sending me 40 conical rounds that I want to try out before I invest in the custom mold for them. I was offering to buy and he just said he would ship them and not to worry about money, a "straight-shooter" so to say. I owe swathdiver one in the future. I am glad to have found this forum it is a wealth of knowledge, and the members keep it flowing.

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone. Been a lurker for a while and enjoy this forum.

I have never cast anything before but that will change in the near future. I currently only reload for .38 special. I am getting ready to reload .308 Winchester but open it up to .311 or more depending on bore slug.

I shoot revolvers and old rifles. My current project is finishing my grandpas sporter Arisaka Type 99. He had it chambered to .308 and built the stock in 1954. Ran out of money and put it away with just the rechamber job plus weaver scope mounts installed. No scope. I put on a mid 50's weaver KV on it and put a few rounds down range. So far so good.

There ya go.

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard folks!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Grab something and hold on what you will learn here is more then you may be ready for, a lot of helpful people around eager to share with anyone that is willing to listen. I found this place looking for load information and have learned since I was doing it all wrong for the most part and also so many new things I never knew about such as swaging bore sizing casting methods and the list goes on. Just got don't building a PID for my casting pot I did not know about or would have knew about with out this site and now am working on a annealing machine for my brass. I have meet a few new people that have enriched my life and became friends with many more just by being here I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have. OK that's about as touchie feely as I am going to get I don't want my man card pulled lol.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy
    Nice website and members posting here. Been a long time visitor, thought I sign up.

Dave

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by dbarry1 View Post
    Nice website and members posting here. Been a long time visitor, thought I sign up.

Dave
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Hey all, noob Junior Boolit maker here.
    I've got a VEPR 12, and it's a hungry beast. The only way I'll keep it fed is if I make its food myself.
    I've bought a Lee Load-All and was given some 'fixins to start me out with. Seems the ingredients I have don't make any known recipe, so despite having made and fired some concoctions, I was told I should find out what I'm doing before I blow my face off.

So here I am. ha ha
    I'll lurk and check out the stickies before I ask stupid question.

Thanks All!
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
    I've got a VEPR 12, and it's a hungry beast. The only way I'll keep it fed is if I make its food myself.
    I've bought a Lee Load-All and was given some 'fixins to start me out with. Seems the ingredients I have don't make any known recipe, so despite having made and fired some concoctions, I was told I should find out what I'm doing before I blow my face off.

So here I am. ha ha

Thanks All!
    Bob
    Hey Bob! Welcome aboard. Please do not hesitate to ask stupid questions! We love them! Besides, people who ask the occasional stupid question makes us feel better when we ask the occasional stupid question.

Boolit Master
    Yes if you ask a easy question , a new member like myself can get in on the helping out . Welcome

Thanks folks!
    Don't tempt me on the stupid questions.... I'm FULL of them.
    I'll start a whole new thread full!! ha ha!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I DARE YOU

Welcome and ask away because many other nubees might B lerkin N wonderin da same thingz.

Yup we have fun here.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Buddy

Welcome Bob,please be careful with Concoctions in shot guns THEIR NOT FORGIVING !!. It's spring finally and some of us are re-organizing the winter mess.That said,there could well be extra 'fixins' that would build a safe load for ya.Just ask,you will most likely be surprised.Most will only ask that you do the same in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post

So here I am. ha ha

Thanks All!
    Bob
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Bob in St . Louis let me be the first to help you spend some money , for shot shell loading your going to need the Lyman shot shell reloading handbook . The 5th edition has the newer hull loading info , but the 4th edition was a wealth of knowledge as well . But if you post what your trying to make and what your working with I bet someone can point you in the right direction . Have a blast safely .

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    But if you post what your trying to make and what your working with I bet someone can point you in the right direction . Have a blast safely .
    Thanks ALL for the kind words, and warm welcome!

Since you asked, specifically, here's the ingredients I have:
    - Win 209 primer (100)
    - CB1100-12SL wads (500)
    - 1oz Lee slugs a few dozen
    - 00 Lee buckshot (about 100)
    - Herco powder

I used a Lee Loadall to make a few slugs. Off the top of my head, I don't recall the powder bushing I used.
    Lee bushing 148 maybe? Based on the "feel", it was a bit hotter than the 3.5 dram ammo I've fired.

What concerns me, is that even though things seemed right, I saw a Youtube video where the guy pushed a slug/wag into the barrel and said there should be a slight drag. Mine was WAY too big to fit, yet I had fire 5 rounds through my gun. Whoops?

Since I started looking, I've not found one recipe anywhere that uses this combo of components.

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast