Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Man
    Thanks for a Great Site. Have gained a great bit of info so far and know much more to come. Have not cast my first boolit but not to far away now.

Again thanks.

tnaz

Great site. Been reading the 118 page powder coating thread. Wow, is all I can say. It inspired me to try my hand at it.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Go forth and lube no more.
    Party pooper

Welcome aboard young fellow.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Mold
    Hello fellow casters! I am looking forward to being apart of a such a great forum. I have landed on this forum many of times while searching the internet for different loading questions. Then I started searching just this forum because the amount of information on here is staggering. Also this forum looks like it is very well moderated and a close community. I am happy to be a member now.

I have been shooting for some time now but I have only cast boolits a few times with my grandfather. Now that I have inherited his casting and loading equipment; I imagine that I will be on here way more. I am looking forward to having the support of this community to help me with some of my casting questions. Also because I am no longer able to ask my grandfather for help anymore. I hope that can also contribute information along the way.

Thank you,
    UBIE

Just joined this forum today. I’m new to reloading. (4 months) Started with .308 and now I’m loading .357 Magnum. I’ve loaded a grand total of 80 lead bullets. Seems to be a larger learning curve to loading lead bullets vs plated or jacketed. I doubt I will ever cast my own lead bullets, but I’ve watched a lot of videos on the subject, and find it interesting. Looking forward to learning what this forum has to offer. My avatar is my first lead bullet hand loads.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and More Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
    Just joined this forum today. I’m new to reloading. (4 months) Started with .308 and now I’m loading .357 Magnum. I’ve loaded a grand total of 80 lead bullets. Seems to be a larger learning curve to loading lead bullets vs plated or jacketed. I doubt I will ever cast my own lead bullets, but I’ve watched a lot of videos on the subject, and find it interesting. Looking forward to learning what this forum has to offer. My avatar is my first lead bullet hand loads.
    Welcome aboard wingspar! I am replying only to say you may not want to sell yourself short about the casting of your own boolits (ever ?). Many of us aren't sure which we have more fun doing: smelting, casting, sizing, reloading, and shooting. Even mining lead has its own rewards. It is a common theme among us that we shoot cast boolits so we can cast boolits.

Enjoy reloading, even if you never cast, as that is really a hoot! Congratulations on your first 80 lead boolits!

Banned

Ha ha... got to crack up on that one because I remember when I said the very same thing about casting to myself years ago, and wound up with hundreds of molds, now in this industry full time for the past 8 years, and probably my last work....

Welcome-

Pat...

Boolit Buddy
    Howdy do Ladies and Jigglefeins. Im Charlie. Been lurking for a while. I bought a friends Grandpa's reloading estate if you will. There was lots of casting moulds, 22s, 257s, 280s? .43�� 50 cal ball and 69 cal ball. Ive been wanting to reload 44 mag for a while so now with a little help from this site Ill be able ti cast as well. Cheers.

Boolit Buddy

Hey folks. Old newbie here. Been loading with my pops since the 1960s. Started out with 30-06 and 222 Rem. Moved over to handguns at some point 45ACP, 38 S&W (ordinary, not Special ), 380 auto. Today I've got a little bit of everything. Been thinking about casting since forever. Finally collected everything and then finally took the plunge - yesterday! Started out with a perfectly formed 454 200gr SWC. Then I proceeded to put half the mold into the lead soup. Oh well, grandma used to say "Don't get cocky, kid" where was she?

So into this fun sport. I have a zillion questions and a LOT to learn. Hopefully I can share some reloading experience. My Loves right now are 45 Colt, 44 Magnum and 480 Ruger. (Don't worry, I still reload 38 S&W as well.)

Hope to share some of the fun!
    -Mike

Boolit Grand Master

Pull up an old rockin chair relax read a lot of the stickies as most of your questions have been asked and answered there before.

Now if after that you are still in the dark jump in with both feet and ask away.

Now grab a mug of joe and enjoy the ride.

MaryB in swapping and selling has some great mugs for sale.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy folks, I've been reloading for 25 years now and am considering getting into casting, perhaps for both rifle and handgun. My bride and I enjoy unloading cartrides as much as I enjoy rolling 'em back up. Being a very self-sufficient type of person I imagine this is only just a natural progression of my favorite hobby. I'll be lurking for quite a while before I get started aquiring any necessary equipment, I tend to research a great deal before jumping into something. I heard about this forum from another forum (The High Road) that I frequent at least twice a day. From what I've seen so far, this looks like the place to learn! Thanks, Wslopeshooter

Boolit Master

Welcome aboard.
    One bit of caution, hang on to your wallet, in the
    nearly 7 years I've been here I've bought 28 boolit moulds.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Man
    Hi Everybody. I joined at the first of the year. I've reloaded for the last 30 years and thought I might as well get into casting boolits. I use to cast sinkers and SCUBA weights 20-30 years ago. This morning was spent reading the thread on testing hardness with drafting pencils. Great info!

Boolit Mold
    Hey Everyone,

Inherited a bunch of tools and supplies, even a Marlin Tool of some sort with an obvious cavity for casting boolits. Poked around here for a couple weeks before deciding this is an interesting place filled with a lot of knowledge and experience. Joined this morning and looking forward to learning from you all and the FAQ/Stickies here. Reloading has always interested me and now, with grandpa's equipment, I want to expand my abilities.

We live in Western North Carolina after spending my first 34 years in Michigan.

Thanks for hosting such a great group of members and information.

Jeff

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to our happy home.

Pull up your favorite rocking chair,grab a large mug of coffee sit back and enjoy

Boolit Buddy
    New here been reloading for about 10 years . Hello to all .

Moderator Emeritus
    To all our new members.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Bub
    Finally took the plunge. Though I reload over 40 calibers, cast bullets are relatively new to me. Just been using them for a couple years in my .357 Max and my .256 Win Mag Hawkeye. Hope to learn some more and hope to be able to share some, Coogs.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy fellow gun nuts & shooters.......have been reloading since '73.....so I'm rather seasoned with most rifle/handguns rds...not much shotshell...LR p/dog shooting really gets you into high volume reloading..a few of my p/dog rigs..20 Vartarg..20-222...20 Practical...223AI..6BR..6XC...and for the long range hard ones to reach I'll set up the 6.5x55... these are set up with Savage s/shot actions & Pac Nor tubes...lever guns are hard to resist...one Rossi 45 Colt CB...several 'JM' Marlins in ***'t calibers...which I much prefer over the Rossi's...something to just like on the Marlin's walnut & blue steel...! Do not cast my boolits..usually purchase from Oregon Trail or Missouri Boolit Co...

Boolit Master
    Welcome.

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast