MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Howdy !

Hello, just want to say hi ! and hope to meet new friends . Have been asking about the FREECHEX tool and was interested in it . Been reading some of the replys to some questions and have not read all but enough to ask my own here. For now... glad to be on and hope to be of some service and most of all learn something new along the way.
    I don't know you....but I have met you a 1000 times

Boolit Mold

Introduction

Hi everyone. I've been pondering getting in to casting my own for, well, quite some time now. Over the last month or so, I've been lurking on this forum, and learning so much valuable information. The more I read, the more I can't wait to get started. The hitch is that I've still got another 3+ months left on my current deployment overseas, so I'm just going to have to wait. The good news is that I've got a lot of time to dedicate to research before I smelt my first batch of WWs.

I finally decided on two molds to start with- a 240 gr. RNFP for the .44s, and a 175 gr. truncated cone for the .40. I think I'm just going to keep it simple with those two until I've had time to work out the kinks.

Thanks.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Singer View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been pondering getting in to casting my own for, well, quite some time now. Over the last month or so, I've been lurking on this forum, and learning so much valuable information. The more I read, the more I can't wait to get started. The hitch is that I've still got another 3+ months left on my current deployment overseas, so I'm just going to have to wait. The good news is that I've got a lot of time to dedicate to research before I smelt my first batch of WWs.

I finally decided on two molds to start with- a 240 gr. RNFP for the .44s, and a 175 gr. truncated cone for the .40. I think I'm just going to keep it simple with those two until I've had time to work out the kinks.

Thanks.
    Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service.

We'll leave a wheel weight or two for you. Hurry home!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

New Bee to the Boolit Forum

Started casting Boolits when I got my Blackhawk in 93' when the wild west was young and unpredictable. Now it's getin rather expensive to roll your own. Castin Boolits is the only way get the shootin in these days. A wealth of information here, glad to be onboard the wagon train.

Boolit Mold

newbie here

Thanks gang for the chance to join in .Longtime reloader just beginning to get into casting have lots of questions just not sure which ones to start with . I need a good all around bullet design for a 30-06 and 308 . Want to try some reduced loads for small game and ppractice Give me your thought and many thanks

What's up everybody,

New reloader here as of literally last week. Phat Man Mike suggested I join here for some excellent info, so I did.

Boolit Bub

Welcome aboard to all new members

Well Thank You

HELLO from Dayton,OH.

I'm glad I found YOU!!!

Haven't cast a darn thing yet unless you can count ingots?

I had a bunch of indoor range scrap and smelted it down.

After doing some reading, looks like I'll start casting for my 'fotay'. I have a LW barrel for my G22. (You know, undersupported GLOCK chamber and all that)

Also have a 9mm, but I'll get some .40 experience first.

Seems LEE will get me on first base and a seller at the local gunshow carries the full line. Guess I'll try the LLA lube as it will come with the sizing die anyway.

I'm very curious on what I'm against not knowing the 'indoor range' hardness. I was hoping to learn from others whose been down this path, but I see "all indoor ranges are NOT the same"

I'm studying 'Hardness 101', and boy, there is a lot to learn on that subject too.

Thanks folks for having me.

I hope to enlighten and help as much as possible,
    'da Kid

hi folks from north georgia. I have been lurking around for sometime on this site.I wish there was a site like this back twenty years ago when i was into casting. Im starting all over again getting my equipment built back up to get started . By the post i have seen it looks like there is alot of good folks here. If you dont mind i think i will pull up a chair and stay a while.
    thanks

I made my way over here from the CBA when looking for a reference on top punches. Retired Navy & current Florida Corrections Officer, glad to be around more casters!!
    "Pray for war, at least in war you know who the enemy is." A Shipmate
    "One who respects the law and enjoys sausage, should never watch either being made." Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Welcome to cast boolit heaven fellas! ..

You will not be dissapointed with your membership. We've got the greatest, kindest, folks in the business here...

Hello everyone been a lurker for sometime now!! I been casting for about 4or5 years, 7br my neighbor got me started. Shoot and hunt with T/C's and wheel guns, love those .41's. Been thing of the idea of a 30x357max for a tender,125 gr.bt maybe around 2100? heck I don't know just sounds good. hope to get to know all of ya thanks Richard..

Another newbie and beginner caster, can't wait to make use of this brain trust.
    "Pray for war, at least in war you know who the enemy is." A Shipmate
    "One who respects the law and enjoys sausage, should never watch either being made." Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Mold
    Guess this is the place to start....looks like it...
    I've been casting for some time and have been aware that this site, though never got fired up enough to sign up...until today...LOL
    Think I'll pull up a chair and sit a spell...

Boolit Master

deerstalkerks, Cerberus, and Wrinkled we're glad to have you aboard. I'm sure that you will learn and share with us what you already know. I'd suggest that you read the "Classics and Stickies" http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 within the first week. You'll see a huge amount of information that has been covered many times over and you will have most any question answered within these great posts.
    Welcome aboard!
    EW

New member 78 yr's old........

Name is Carl (nickname CW)
    Been reloading since about 1954. Will be trying swap some 30 cal cast BOOLITS for some 6.5 (.264) BOOLITS as soon as get my 30 days in. Just got 6.5 Jap Model 38 (sporterized) carbine and itching to try it out. Still got the fever I guess. Anyhow, a real interesting website and looking fwd to real good things in the coming year. Everyone have a joyous holiday and try not to eat too much! CW

Boolit Buddy

Back in the mold again !

Hi All,
    just returned to casting after a 15yr break. Been cutting new molds like a crazy person.
    I hate it when life gets in the way.
    Great site

Boolit Mold
    I'm new to this forum and I've only recently started casting seriously having dabbled in casting round ball for my Ruger Old Army.

I have several rifles including a Marlin 1984C in .357 calibre with which I shoot competitively in Gallery Rifle disciplines here in the UK.

I recently bought a Lee electric melter, such a boon compared to pot and ladle, as well as a set of Saeco moulds. The moulds produce fabulous quality bullets.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Yup, another noob. only made about 400 so far for my 45, 38 and soon my 44 mag. Lot of great knowledge here, I am sure I'll find whatever I need and maybe (doubtful) even be able to contribute, thanks guys
    On certain occasions, you just need to have a gun. When being attacked by a 1000 pound grizzly bear you don't pepper spray him like he was a mugger in central park. - James Norton

Super Moderator

............ka0tqv, oldpara, vegplot, Caster Blaster, a real hearty welcome to you guys and we're all sure pleased to have you aboard. Lots of folks shoot, some even reload, but fewer yet create their own slugs to reload so you all have increased the ranks of the illuminati Wranglers of the humble WW.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast