RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Howdy, folks!

Great site you have here! Found this site via Paul H. and his contributions to another forum. I just procured an anti-bear artillery piece (Ruger SRH in .480 Ruger), and I hope to learn more about hard-cast bullets, and perhaps pouring my own.

Happy shooting!

HELLO GOOD NAME. Its almost trout season here. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    One thing does lead to another.
    Get it? Lead? One thing does lead... Y'kow, like boolits... made of lead? Right?

Oh, never mind
    Ready, fire, AIM!

Boolit Mold
    Found references to this forum @ handloadersbench.com. Looking to start casting for 45acp & 300BO to begin with, might move on to other calibers. Been lurking for a while. Good information here.
    Pawpaw40
    NRA Life Member

Hello everyone
    I think I've finally found the right place.
    It has everything and much to learn.
    Warm regards
    Saludos cordiales desde Asturias

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Welcome aboard.

Pull up your favorite chair and let the learning begin.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Mold

Howdy all!
    I just wanted t say hello and to express my excitement towards this new hobby. I haven't cast a single boolit yet I have managed to spend close to a grand in tooling so far. In my defense, I've been trolling around here for quite a while now and saving my money while I was trying to figure out how to spend it wisely. Time will tell if I did my homework right but if not, I'll just have to keep updating my setup until I get it right...darn the bad luck
    I have the capacity to learn from my mistakes, and I will learn a lot today.

Hello all,
    Been lurking for a while trying to gain knowledge about casting my own bullets,I'm ready to take the plunge.
    This site is a wealth of information,l have a lot to learn but it will be fun.

Howdy, Reuben from WV here. Been reloading centerfire for years, but recently got into casting and shotshell reloading. Loads of valuable info in this website, Thank you to everybody that contributes.

Hello, I'm Daniel from Mississippi. I've been casting bullets for a pretty good while, and reloading for a great deal longer. I've been a lurker here for at least 3 years and figured it was time to step out of the shadows and join this great forum.

Boolit Mold
    hi i'm henry from Australia (armidale nsw to be precise). i'm new to all of this, i haven't shot in over 20 years and have never reloaded, so it is going to be a steep learning curve... but i love learning new stuff so am looking forward to it.

for the time being i'm looking solely at reloading .303 brit, for a SMLE/no1 mk3. i'm still getting all of my paperwork in order so i don't have any specifics on exactly what rifle i'll end up with yet. it will be full wood with iron sights and hopefully a lithgow with a H barrel.
    it will mainly be for plinking and targets with the occasional shot at a goat, fox (i know it's overkill but it will be my only centrefire for a while) or maybe a feral deer on my aunts property.

Boolit Mold
    Well, after lurking here for a number of years I finally decided to sign in and say hello.
    The info I have gleaned from this site is simply amazing. I want to say thank you to all of the people on this site who share their knowledge. Keep up the good work.
    Mark

Boolit Master

Another New Guy!

Howdy y'all! I'm Chris!

Finally decided to bite the boolit and join up! I've been a lurker of the site for quite some time and read countless posts looking for one thing or another. I actually thought I had joined at one point and tried to sign in but to no avail, so why not join in! Such a wealth of great info on here and a source I confide in more than any other. Hopefully I can contribute to that wealth too!

Pleasure to be here, thanks for hosting & thanks for having me!

~Chris Krueger

Hello to All, I live in N.E Pa. foothills of the Pocono;s. I am a retired Union electrician. Married, we have the empty nest but I have a son and daughter. I am a guitar player and ice fisherman. Have some physical problems. I want to do some things and my body will not allow it. I am sure I am in the same boat with many person's. I came over from Bullion Stackers, Mary mentioned this site so here I am. I am new to reloading and I started out with a Lee Turrent press. For now I removed the indexer, until I get the hang of things and I am reading all about the craft, hobby or necessity, many different names for reloading. my self I find it a good distraction and keeps my hands and mind busy . I am still trying to process certain things about reloading and I am moving forward very slowly. Right now I am depriming some Brass bought from Monmouth brass. Jim has been a great help for me. I highly recommend his company if you are seeking good used brass. I fired one 9mm round that I put together, and 9mm is what I am currently moving forward on. I am using Unique powder as that is the only one I could buy that was not out of stock. I will be asking lots of questions, so I hope I don't come off as a gnat. Best of Days to all.......Pete

I've been longtime reloader rifles, handguns, shot shells. Just starting the cast bullet aspect though. I got a deal on a SAECO resizer(black coating), Lyman 358156GC mold, and two candy tin cans full of lubed/sized bullets from a great old guy "retiring". Scrounged 5 gal bucket of wheel weights and melted down to ingots. Cast my first batch last night. Have learned lots from this site as a lurker but decided to join now and continue the learning curve. Anyone want to see a pic of them to critique and advise?

Boolit Bub
    Hello all. I've been around the forum for a year or two so far. I currently live in Massachusetts with my wife and five ungrateful cats. I've gotten interested in casting over the last year, but haven't jumped in yet as I haven't figured out how to do it in a condo. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon.

Hello everyone, New to the site and to casting. I have been reloading for 15 years and recently got the urge to start casting my own. I love to hunt and fish and love the site. I hope to get a wealth of information on getting started! Thanks
    Edgar

Hello everyone, I am Rob and a newly retired MSgt USAF of 23 years. I have been shooting and hunting since I was 5 and I absolutely love it. I recently picked up a AR-10 LMT MWS and decided that it was time to learn reloading. During this new adventure, I remembered that I saved close to 800 spent .45 Winchester cases; thus my journey begins. A friend of mine that I have known for many years, since I was a pup told me to try cast with my 1911 and that he swore by it for cost effectiveness, accuracy and barrel life. Strange enough, he is a member on here. Thanks for having me and I have a ton of reading to do.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Welcome to our happy home sir.

Reloading and casting WILL cost you to get started but over the years you will enjoy way more and better shooting because YOU select the components that work best in your personal firearms.

Enjoy your retirement and THANK YOU for your long years of service.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Welcome to all the new members. Lots of good information here and some really good members. Read the "sticky's" and use the search function. Chances are the answer to your question is already here.
    Paul
    NRA Benefactor Member

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast