Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Banned

Welcome to CB..! Happy CB Day...!

CB day? how old is the site?

I am pretty new here, but starting to find my way around. Very nice site. Especially like the powder coated boolits -really cool info too!

Hola!

New member here and *hopefully soon* I'll be new to casting and it certainly looks like this is the place to learn, I've been lurking for quite some time but just signed up and I really look forward to bugging as many of you as I possibly can during my next ten year learning curve (I'm a little slow at times!) … thanks for allowing me to join the forums!

Rick

Boolit Mold
    hello new member here. I enjoy learning the how two's of cast boolit shooting. plowboy

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard. There is a lot of info here if you look for it. Don't forget to read the sticky's.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Warning new members.

This is one place where the learning never stops.

Beating every challenge as they pop up is why so many here enjoy the hobby.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Mold
    howdy,

been lurking for a while, just joined today. Been casting for a year or so, reloading since about 1991.

~ghostrider~

Boolit Mold
    New guy here, I don't think I'll be a "caster" but I reload 9mm, .223/5.56 and I have just started reloading 300 blk out (from LC Brass only). The amount of work it took me to produce 300 blackout cases from 5.56 drove me from the 300 blk out forum to here to find some 300 black out brass by Mr. Grumpa. I don't mind work but that was painful. I have a Dillon 550b, I use a WFT for trimming and have a Ballistics small packet gauge to check pockets. I run a JP AR-15, a Stag Arms 300 Blackout Upper, G17, G34, Walther PPQ, Berretta 1301 tactical and carry a Ruger SR9c. Yes I live in the Peoples Republic of Mass, but I have a house I hope to retire to in NC, I like to say I have a northern accent and a southern heart. Oh BTW for those of you in the free states have pity on us you will not find a more resilient, innovative and committed group of gun owners than in Mass, to preserve our rights we fight the battle everyday its not easy! But the action shooting sports thrive in this state. This forum looks like fun
    U.S. Grant: The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.
    Stonewall Jackson: The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Welcome from someone that knows about "THE FIGHT" and some of what it takes to get her done.

You have just joined the finest site in the universe with more hands on experience and the willingness to share it than is found any where else.

Pull up your rocker,start reading the STICKIES and then start asking away.

Yes we even furnish the popcorn.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Mold
    hello all!
    newbie here- started reloading about a year ago- started casting about a week and a half ago... 2 things i've already figured out: 1) wheel weights aint wortha darn any more (teacher says used to be lead in them... not anymore tho)
    2) i like the whole casting process: these are MY bullets! very satisfying, gotta say...

quick question: soft lead in a .40? teacher says maybe a problem - but he's not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    I hope we can make your membership worthwhile. :
    seems to be working out very well, thanks for having me.

and hello to all from Canada.
    The lazy do not roast any game... but the diligent feed on the riches of the HUNT!! Proverbs 12:27

Howdy folks!

i'm a pretty new member here, casting is something I've been wanting to learn how to do for a while now so I thought i'd better go ahead and join so I can get started! i'm starting to stockpile a little lead as we speak and I hope to get a Lee pro 4-20 pot and a 32 cal mold for my 327 within the next month or so.

thank y'all for having me!
    Zane.
    Jesus gave me everything when he gave me salvation.
    CBOB0690

Banned

Awesome caliber Zane!

Boolit Buddy
    I've been a long time lurker here. I have found lots of useful info on getting started casting, load data, mold identification and many things that I wouldn't know where to find elsewhere. I have been casting a few years for 9mm, 380, 300blk, and 44 mag.

Have read hundreds of threads finally joined. Thanks for all of the info.

Hi there! Lurked here off and on for valuable information and want to contribute to hopefully return the favor. Been around shooting and boom sticks for four decades, and am just now getting serious about reloading. Have a wide range of interests, from modern smokeless all the way back to flintlock. Am learning and fine tuning my skills with .308, 6.5 Creed, and 5.56 for now. Will someday soon (I hope!) cast my own lead and make my own black powder.

Thanks to all for providing an awesome forum, and I hope to be able to contribute at least a tenth as much as all of the stupid questions I'll be asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Beauregard View Post
    Hi there! Lurked here off and on for valuable information and want to contribute to hopefully return the favor. Been around shooting and boom sticks for four decades, and am just now getting serious about reloading. Have a wide range of interests, from modern smokeless all the way back to flintlock. Am learning and fine tuning my skills with .308, 6.5 Creed, and 5.56 for now. Will someday soon (I hope!) cast my own lead and make my own black powder.

Thanks to all for providing an awesome forum, and I hope to be able to contribute at least a tenth as much as all of the stupid questions I'll be asking.
    Jack,

Welcome aboard! Remember, we don't think any question is stupid, so don't worry. Just watch out for some of our stupid answers!

Howdy everyone I'm Ricky from Texas. I've been reloading for 25+ years and just recently decided to start casting. The reason was I've been building air rifles from scratch lately and my latest rifle is a .308 caliber. Finding .308 boolits cast in near pure lead is not easy and some of newest design bullets for air rifles are not commercially available. I've purchased a Accurate mold with 3 different weights and started casting. First run looked ok but on the second try I think I did ok. My next mold will be for my .32 H&R magnum and then the .44.

Banned

Welcome. Tom makes the best molds so you are way ahead there. One thing does lead to another.

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast