Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Buddy

Ditto 18Bravo's comments, save the doing it wrong, as I am just beginning to cast, so I am seeking knowledge like a sponge and this is an awesome resource! Thanks to all who contribute!

+1 what he said. It's a grand adventure this journey I am on......

Boolit Mold

G'day from sunny Downunder. I've just gotten into casting. Lots to learn I see. Well I've scored 3, 20 litre containers full of WW so far for the princely sum of $10. Sorted through 1 WOW there is a lot of steel and zinc. Still I have a couple of places I know that have loads of old stuff laying around. I'll have to go grab it asap. I've got a few things in mind I want to cast for a 45-70 that I will be using 570gn FN in (16" barrel number 4 Enfield), a 375 2 1/4" NE and 12 rifled slugs as well as my .45 cal ML. Nice mixed bag I reckon. Anyway I'll be off browsing and learning.

Steve
    Arte et Marte

*Please note: Service has been in the Australian Army and the Royal Australian Air Force.

Banned

Good to see more international members, especially when they are shooting the big slugs.

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a while and decided to become a member today. I see there is a wealth of knowledge here. The reading has been fascinating!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Merry Christmas to all of our new family members.

Pull up your favorite rocker sit back and learn and enjoy yourself on the greatest site in the universe.
    And heres your popcorn.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Enough lurking, here I am.

30-30, 45 ACP, 7.62x39mm & 303 Enfield. It's 10 above outside, the Packers are about to beat Detroit and I'm casting in an enclosed space. Let's do it!

B

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Yumpin bi yimminy,never heard of a Hodag that could hold a gun.

Some strange news coming out of Riney land these days.

Welcome to our happy home.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Mold

Hello to all. I am new to everything reloading and casting. I have been reading reloading books for about the past month. The reason I want to start reloading and then getting into casting is to get my mind off things and therapy. Since all I have is free time. I look forward to learning from all of you.
    Last edited by veteran; 01-04-2015 at 02:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Hi veteran! Welcome to the forum. There is a vast amount of information here and if you read enough and ask a few questions, you'll be casting like a pro in no time!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by veteran View Post
    Hello to all. I am new to everything reloading and casting. I have been reading reloading books for about the past month. The reason I want to start reloading and then getting into casting is to get my mind off things and therapy. Since all I have is free time. I l9ck forward to learning from all of you.

Welcome to the group veteran, nice to see you here.

Quote Originally Posted by veteran View Post
    Hello to all. I am new to everything reloading and casting. I have been reading reloading books for about the past month. The reason I want to start reloading and then getting into casting is to get my mind off things and therapy. Since all I have is free time. I look forward to learning from all of you.
    Welcome Veteran!

Reloading, shooting, and now casting again have been great therapy for me for decades. My advice is take it slow, ask questions, and realize that while your time is free, and our advice is free, you'll have to pay for everything else ! Almost...

My advice? Get reloading somewhat figured out with bought lead boolits before you start casting. Starting both at the same time has been known to increase the consumption of Wild Turkey and talking to one's self. Could be worse, though...

Boolit Mold

I was not gonna jump into both at once. Too late I already talk to myself. I do shoot a lot pretty much every weekend and whenever I'm stressed or mad.

Boolit Master

Veteran here is a good place to start

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...s-amp-Stickies

Im sure somebody will step in and give you there favorite but I cant pick one myself. What are you wanting to start reloading for as for caliber?

Boolit Mold

I shoot a lot of 9mm luger, 38 special, 357mag, 7.62x39 sks, 223 and 5.56, 380, and .308

I started with .357 loads Lee mould and sizer. Old cast iron pot and turkey frier. Best decision I ever made with this shooting hobby.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Hello all and happy new year. Can't wait to pick your brains and continue digging through all y'all's posts as I details started.
    I am a mad cow.

Moderator Emeritus
    A big

to all our new members!

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Mold
    Brand new noob caster here. Really enjoyed reading all your posts and gathering knowledge from this site. I actually had my first smelting session yesterday, purified over 30lbs of wheel weights! I am so thankful for all of your help, I thought it only right I sign up.

new guy here to annoy with tons of questions! about me, im in yuma, az and a former marine who has been reloading since 1999 but never cast my own. mostly i reload for accuracy. rifles and havnt reloaded pistol in a while since i started shooting past 500 yards. im currently building a savage 111 and still waiting on the mcmillan a3 stock in desert camo. in the few hours ive already learned much for the 45colt. i loaded some hornady 255gr with smokeless and bp and shot them. the first 10 rounds were accurate but that degraded after that; by inches. when i got home and cleaned i thought i shot out my bore but it was like a lead sleve in there! lol. anway, i hope i dont annoy with questions but dont worry ill only ask if the search turns up not to answer them...

Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast