MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Hello community,

I lurked on this site for some now and happy to be a member. I reload and a complete noob to casting. Looking forward to learning about this fine craft.

Moderator Emeritus

To you all and thanks for posting.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Mold
    Hi there, figured I'd quit lurking and pull up a chair. I've been reloading for a couple of years now and looking to mebbe start casting my own boolits to keep costs down and keep me out of trouble.

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Redleg!
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Ive been lurking and learning here for awhile now. What an amazing resource ive found in this forum! Thanks all!
    -Will

Hey all, been a lurker for years but finally joined. Been reloading for 15 or so years and casting for about 2 after my pops started doing it for his long range cowboy stuff. I've mainly cast for my handguns but really want to dip into rifle casting for my various milsurps. I've really enjoyed it and it's lots of fun.....oh and cheap! Well until I started buying extra moulds besides by basic must haves. So thanks for this great site and all the friendly folks.
    -Jesse

Boolit Mold
    Hello All ! New guy here. Still in Ca. but now moving north to Redding so almost out! If the State of Jefferson deal goes thru I will be out of Californication!

I'm a reloader and a metals guy. Work in scrap , so I collect and sell a lot of lead and alloys for lead. Also polish and sort lost of brass to get the stuff I reload. Been known to cast a few bullets along the way too.

Good info to be found here, glad I'm here.

Banned

Welcome.

Just remember- no shooting off the Sundial Bridge at night...

Boolit Mold
    I'm a new member here but not new to the shooting sports. Thought I would take advantage of the knowledge available here.

Moderator Emeritus

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

New guy here on the left coast - I've been reading the great helpful posts for a few months and like many others before me decided I'd better sign up. Started casting last year and really enjoy the satisfaction of shooting my own boolits. I shoot mostly my 1911's and my Single action revolvers - it's great fun and wouldn't wanna give it up.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

Boolit Mold
    Buona Sera a tutti!
    Andrea from Pisa, Tuscany here. Yes, for those who will ask, it's the place where a civil engineering blunder made the fortune of generations of souvenir sellers.

Anyway, after a misspent youth in archery and after a few years in the Italian armed forces (still in the reserve and being called in service an average three weeks a year) I settled down in the same place for more than a year and was able to get a firearms permit a few years ago and then the fun started.

Bar shotguns, that I don't fancy, I tend to have fun with almost any thermoballistic pipework.

From the P10 (currently alternating a FWB103, a Pardini P10 and an Izzy), very cheap, very technical (i.e. if you don't get the 10 it's all your fault, not of the weapon), to muzzleloaders (ranging from an original Swiss Federal Carbine of 1851 to a Parker Hale volunteer replica) my true passion, to milsurp rifles and pistols, I am trying to get all the flavours of the menu, with the added fun of thinkering with ammo.

I hope to learn more in a friendly environment here.

that's it

Ciao a tutti!

Andrea

Just joined this group. Never cast a boolit for anything but a flinchlock. Howsomever, this seems a good time to start and, after lurking for several months, this seems to be the place to find information and answers. I've been reloading for a long time (20+ years) and usually shoot store-bought boolits in my revolver, but bullets from my rifles. Looking to change that soon. Ordering a furnace, molds, and other equipment as funding allows.

Boolit Buddy

Howdy from the State of Jefferson, where we are still free...sorta. I've been casting RB's for years and just started casting for my hand guns. The first batch didn't look so good. I hope to learn some of the finer points here. Thanks for the posts.

Banned

Welcome aboard OS.

We are the freest nation in the world. Even California. Lots of people forget that...

Boolit Mold
    Hello castboolits forum crew. New member here checking in. I am new to reloading and would like to learn to cast boolits also, everything is hard to get where I live, Kauai, Hawaii so I figure I better learn to make em' myself. I look forward to the venture and the education I will receive here with you guys!

Boolit Mold
    First time poster, long time lurker. I've spent many enjoyable hours reading this forum. I decided I need to register and be counted among the membership!

colt38

Boolit Buddy
    Been lurking here for awhile, beenn thinking about casting my own boolits (did I say it right?)

I've reloaded since my dad taught m as a boy. Always been a wheelgun guy (.357mag) & shoot almost nothing but cast in them. Also shoot .45acp cast now, along with 300blk subs. I've tinkered with pop gun loads in a 30-30 too, that ended up being pure death for bunnys on the farm & getting new shooters into a 'real rifle'

So I've slung a bit of lead!

Got a project mauser carbine with no back sight & a cheesy fiberglass stock. It's pretty darn light so I'm not interested in full power loads. I read that the 8mm is a good boolit shooter so I think it'd be a fun project. I like little bolt action carbines & it was free so what the hey.

I ran across a thread talking about 'the load' which I want to try since I have a bucket of red dot that needs burned. So here I am.

Funnily enough, I ran into this cool old dude at the range this morning that used to cast. Told me to come by anytime so hopefully soon I'll be pouring my own!

Boolit Mold
    I too have been lurking on this site. Once I found it, I have been reading and learning a lot. The amount of info and consideration of all involved I feel is exceptional. I have been reloading since the 70s and just recently decided to try my hand at casting. I have quite a learning curve to straighten out. Thanks to all of you for the effort you are putting forth to help us new guys.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey everyone, just joined. If you frequent other forums you may recognize me, I'm the same Comrade Mike from everywhere else.

Long time lurker, finally thought I'd join. Right now I shoot a lot of precast stuff out of my handguns. My main reason for an interest in casting is my collection. I'm a big time milsurp collector, and I love to shoot my collection. Only thing is jacketed bullets and large powder charges add up, and lead bullets are easier on the barrel and the shoulder. So I'm here to ask dumb questions and learn what I can about casting for rifles. I've read about "the load" before and am intrigued to learn more! Plus, something about a cast lead bullet just looks so natural to me.

Currently I don't have the free time to cast much if at all. So I'm mainly here to soak up information and annoy everyone. Hope no one minds I've also noticed some members sell their cast bullets. Not having the time to learn the hands on of casting just yet, I'd be more than happy to buy from other members of the community