MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

New member , never cast before. looking to cast for 45acp,454casull,44mag,357mag.50 Beowulf and 50 roundball. Have 5 gal. bucket of wheelweights cast into ingots and a 35lb block of pure lead. Where do I start?Don"t mind investing in equiptment but like to spend my money once. any advice would be great .Thanks in advance.
    Scot

Yet another new guy on this forum. I've been lurker for sometime, time now to sign up and participate.

I've been shooting off and on (mostly off, unfortunately ) since I was about 10, been loading bullets and boolits for about 5 years, and casting for a couple of weeks.

I'll join the chorus and say what a great amount of practical information is on this site, provided by a bunch of really nice folks.

Boolit Mold

new

Hi new to board looks great lots of info thanks sharps 4570

beowulf keep the pure for b.p..ww is ok for the others.
    and like you i to like to buy quialty onceand pass on junk.
    oh welcome aboard

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics

Boolit Mold
    Just sayin' thanks for such a friendly and informative form. Learned a great deal while lurking.

Boolit Mold
    Greetings all

new to the board but not new to casting. I began casting over 30 years ago, and learned everything the hard way. Just in the past few weeks on this board I have learned a lot from the collective wisdom. Thanks guys
    Bill C

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Welcome aboard.

That's how it always happens. People arrive bumfuzzled, and before they know it, they are all twitterpated!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    Just registered. (no kidding)

I started casting back in the early '80's (handgun only). Lee molds. 155 grn. LSWC in .38/357 that were never worth shooting in my revolvers for some reason and 225 gn. LRN in my .45 ACP that would shoot with (or better) than any jacketed ammo I ever shot in that Combat Commander.

Stopped casting when I moved to VA and stopped shooting/hunting.

Starting to get back into reloading and shooting now and getting ready to reload with some cast bullets for my old US Enfield (as a start, maybe the Garand later) for the first time. If it works out (purchased rifle bullets at first) I'll start casting my own.

Looking forward to learning a lot here about loading cast bullets for the old 30.06. I do a lot of 25 meter firing and I got a thing for US Enfields and Garands so cast bullets should just the ticket.

Checking in from Concord NC

I reload, 45/70, 5.56, 243, 308, 38/357, 9mm, 45ACP

I don't cast but mainly reload cast bullets currently. Magnus and Berry

Talking First Post

Hi, new to this forum. Have RCBS Mouldmaster furnace and a few moulds that I need to knock the dust off of. With the price of all components on the rise, it makes sense for me to get back into casting. Thanks for having me+looking foward to a lot of good info!!

Boolit Buddy
    I'm another newcomer to this site. This was tagged as my favorite after the first 15 minutes of reading. Great info, great topics. A lot respect among postings even when they disagree. I have been casting and reloading for rifle & pistol for over 30 years and am looking forward to the "golden nuggets" of info from the masters.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Welcome aboard to all of the new guys. I hope that you find as much enjoyment as I do here. If it’s casting you want to know about, then you came to the right place.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Buddy

Pretty much a new member of the list, here- Gotta say what a privilege it is to share ideas and thoughts with such experienced boolit casters.
    Wish there was a list of commonly used abbreviations (acronyms) so us new guys can figure out the shorthand- it took me weeks to figure out PM= private msg, gb= group buy, etc-- How Bout It, guys?
    I started reloading in Alaska in 1974, casting boolits about 1976-- lots of primers and powder later, we're still at it, and always learning from wise folks like you-
    Keep up the great work guys- we need each other!

358wcf
    Concord, CA

Boolit Buddy
    New comer here as well. I'm really looking forward to all the knowledge that I can gather here and hope to teach my friends after I learn. Like I did with reloading. I've aleaft learner much thank you guys for that.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 358wcf View Post
    Wish there was a list of commonly used abbreviations (acronyms) so us new guys can figure out the shorthand- it took me weeks to figure out PM= private msg, gb= group buy, etc-- How Bout It, guys?

358wcf
    Concord, CA

I beleave there is just such wish somewhere in a sticky. You might try doing a surch.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Mold
    New guy checking in. Anyone from Las Vegas ??
    Looking to cast for 45acp,45LC,460 S&W

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome to Cast Boolits Sonic!

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Sammy View Post
    New guy checking in. Anyone from Las Vegas ??
    Looking to cast for 45acp,45LC,460 S&W

Welcome to cast boolit heaven Sammy! ..

I think member here "DUKENUKEM" would be your man in Vegas.

Boolit Mold
    Hello

This is my first post here. I have seen this forum before and decided to join tonight.
    As of now, I do not cast my own bullets. Living in an apartment in Toledo is not the best place for that, but in due time odds are I will start. I have however, recently switched to loading cast bullets instead of the ball/jacketed bullets, due to cost.

I am fairly new to reloading in general, and will have many questions I'm sure. As of now I load for .38 S&W Special, .380"/200 (aka .38 S&W) and the .303" rifle cartridge used by the British/ British Empire. In the distant (not too distant I hope) I plan to reload the .577"/.450" cartridge for the Martini-Henry Rifle.

As for my screen name "TomcatPC", I was a Plane Captain (aka "Crew Chief" NOT a pilot/aircrew) for F-14A Tomcats in VF-302 Fighting Stallions when I Served in the U.S. Navy. That is it for now.
    Thank you
    Mark

Boolit Mold

Cool

Sure am glad I found this site. I've been casting on and off for about 25 yrs. Am thinking that it might be the only way to get bullets in the future. I recently started shooting alot of lever actions with the 35 rem, 45-70 and 30-30 being ones I really want to cast for. I also cast for .358 win, and revolver rounds. Want to get a .357 mag or .357 max barrel for my old contender, and try some cast in that too. So many guns, so little time. 45 Nut was very kind to me right after I joined the site, and want to say that he's a stand-up guy.
    Woody
    Never underestimate stupid people in large groups.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast