Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Thumbs up

Hey everyone!

New to the forum, I don't know how I didn't find it sooner, I have been on THR and The Firing Line for a while. Looks like hours of (new to me) stuff to read. I am thinking casting might save me a bunch of cash, and that means more shooting.

Boolit Mold

New member here, have been lurking for a few months. Finally decided to join and contact BT Sniper about his 224 swage dies. Can't wait to get them once my boss (wife) gives me some spending money and I'm back stateside to use them. I have already learned a good bit from the members here and look forward to learning much more. Back to the shadows - Paul

Greetings, all. I registered here several years ago, but never found my way back, as evidenced by no posts...

New here, but not to shooting. I'm retired, and while I don't cast bullets, I hope to be able to contribute something here and there.
    NRA Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste
    USMC RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Same same - was here a few years back but got busy with other stuff. I cast on a limited basis right now -
    God Bless you
    Steve

new to forum

Hi Guys,
    i am new to this forum and live in england, i have been casting for about ten years and make all my own boolits, from .223 to 30 cal in rifle ans 357 in pistol.
    I am ex military and love smelting, reloading and shooting.
    Well cheers guys

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome aboard!

Whereabouts in the UK are you from?

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post
    Welcome aboard!

Whereabouts in the UK are you from?
    HI there,
    i live in the sheffield area, i guess by your hat you live in Bonny Scotland.

Moderator Emeritus
    Split my time 'tween Sutherland and Co Durham.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Split my time 'tween Sutherland and Co Durham.
    Oh, thats good, my mum came from Hendon and remembers the bombing raids there, nice area

Moderator Emeritus
    Sutherland not Sunderland.

Its the second most northerly county on mainland Scotland.

Pukka Bundhooks

Sutherland not Sunderland.

Its the second most northerly county on mainland Scotland.
    I will have to put my reading glasses on.
    I know some of scotland, been round some of it with the military, Edinborough,
    Arbroath, inverness, creath and barry buden etc and seen quite a few training areas to, nice place is Scotland and fine people to.
    I used to feed the squirrels in the park in Edinborough, nice pubs too, but i did not like the ski slow there, not from the top looking down.
    My second wife used to live on a estate near Huntley and we went samon river fishing and deer hunting, nice and quite to

Boolit Buddy
    Hello everyone. Another new guy here. I've been reading alot here for awhile, finally registered.
    I've been reloading, shooting, and hunting for a long time. I've never cast a boolit yet but have caught the bug. I've already started scrounging for lead, never smelted any yet.
    I have learned a lot here and hope to learn much more. I will be starting to buy some equipment soon, a piece at a time, and hope to be melting some lead soon!
    I will probably be asking some fairly basic questions so please be gental....lol

Moderator Emeritus

Pukka Bundhooks

NewBee Here

Hello All, I read a bit before coming on,took a couple days, Spammer thing,Anywot looking forward to being on this board, I tryed others but mostly Military boards and I stumbled across yours.Pretty cool looking forward to learning, I'm into restorations, and now gunsmithing, I'm having more fun playing with guns then clocks.
    Fighting For Freedom, Gun Rights And Family Values, NRA Member.

Boolit Mold
    Greetings. Like many in this thread, I'm familiar with reloading, but have never cast. Those rascals over on Handloaders Bench (apparently their unofficial motto is: We're great at spending Your money) sent me over here. Just kiddin' ...
    Looks like, as usual, I'm late to the party .. Lead used to be basically free, now disappearing or costs a lot to acquire. Still, I may wander around local tire shops and such and just ask a few questions.
    Great site and lots of information. Thanks for making it available to us.

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome aboard gentlemen.

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Mold
    Newbie here, I am from Ohio just got me a 44 mag last year and looking to reload and shoot cast boolits.

Boolit Master
    Another Newb here, I recently bought a 460 S&W xvr 8 3/8" revolver and am casting for it. I have been lurking here on and off for at least a year. I finally joined. I was thinking about buying a lee mold in the 250 grain range for my 460, but had read a bit about the custom molds and was wondering if they were worth the price (I am mostly a plinker, other than shooting my sa xd in competition). Well, I just saw a youtube video of how well and MP mold can run, and last night I cast some boolits from my old rcbs 45 225 round nose mold. There are splinters all over my loading room from my wood dowel. My 44 cal lee mold worked better, but still not like the MP.

I am in the construction trades, and I also do almost all of my own automotive work and also do fabrication work, so I know and love high quality tools. I hope to experience a real quality mold pretty soon here.

I shoot steel competitions with a modified XD 9mm, and am doing quite well at it. The revolver is just for fun. I don't hunt. I load all of my center-fire ammo, and figured casting for the hand cannon would be quite cost effective. I'm not sure I could cast fast enough to keep up with my 9mm habit, but for everything else I am going to give it a try.

Boolit Mold
    Another new member. I have been casting on and off for the past 10 years, mostly for black powder rifle. Due to costs, will start on casting for my pistols.

Well, I never said an official "howdy" here so, howdy.
    I've been casting for many a decade (depends how you do the math though) but stopped for a spell when ammo was free and plentiful and I was pretty busy shooting it.
    First I was a mold, now I'm a bub, soon to be a buddy. One day, I'll be a man!
    Anyway, plink on, my brothers.
    Sent from my computer using my fingers.