Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Here if I aint gone,, Were there's a gator in the bushes & SHE"S callin my name
    How Do Newb, Love reading & learning about casting, I've been realoading for only a little over (2)_ yrs now. Great forum & much to learn ; )
    H/D

Moderator Emeritus
    Hi! Hogdaddy.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Welcome Hogdaddy!
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Boolit Buddy
    Ah, HERE's the place for us new guys to post! I'm a complete novice here, fyi. I, like many I'm sure, got my first .45 about a month ago and decided I want to start reloading. While researching that I realized people cast their own bul... fine... boolits! So I said, yep, I want to do that too! And my reading began.

Also I'm excited because I had a case of beginners luck last Friday. I figure even if I won't be ready to cast for a few months (researching/learning and getting equipment) I want to start getting my stash of lead. And low and behold I started strong!

I just had some body work done on my car and so picking it up last Thursday I asked the guy what they do with their weights. The short of it is, I came back Friday with 3 small buckets and emptied their FULL (heaping over a bit) 5-gallon bucket into them. I got home and weighed them, exactly 170 lbs. I was excited He said to come back every 3 weeks to get what he had. He figured that bucket was about 2 months worth.

Okay, back to reading so I'm ready to go soon!
    Thanks for having me! -Brad

Banned

Casting boolits is like catching gold fever. I've been horribly afflicted with both.

Welcome aboard to cast boolit heaven Brad! ..

Moderator Emeritus
    Hi Birdadly

Welcome to the forum.

You've plenty of reading to catch up on.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Welcome Brad and congrats on scoring the WW's! This really is an addiction...
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Boolit Mold
    Hi all and happy casting. I actually joined August last year but got tied up doing other things. Just now skimmed a year or so threads. Things I noticed. Bottom pour over ladle every time. Do it outdoors, use electric fan to keep vapors away from your lungs. using wheel weights, they are making them from all sorts of exotic compounds. if you are not sure they are old style wheel weights, if they have an epoxy or glossy finish CHUNK THEM. They are deadly to breathe and will ruin a pot of good lead. I have cast bullets since the 60's and consider myself a master, My extra-hard cast bullets run to 29-32 Brinnell. I will help by answering basic questions gladly and as thouroughly as possible. Pistol

Banned

Welcome to the forum Pistolero. Look forward to learning and sharing information with you.

Andy

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Welcome to the forum.. you might be surprised on what you can learn here!
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Welcome aboard. IMO You have happened upon the best board on the net for us shooters/handloaders/casters/etc. There is so much knowledge here that we all benefit from in some way or another. The true strength of this site is in the people. I've met some of the best of the lot right here. I'm pretty sure that after a while poking around the various forums that you will agree.

Welcome Pistolero!
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10

Boolit Mold
    Newbie,Hadn`t realised what I`d been missing,the satisfaction of casting your own bullits,then seeing the finished product ready to go.Up till now I`ve only tried handgun items,but I`m more than willing to learn as much as I can in the coming weeks etc. And believe me,I know theres a heck of a lot to learn from you folks.

Banned

welcome gullwing. Glad to have ya,

Andy

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes Sir, welcome to ya'! We're glad to have you join the crowd.

Welcome Gullwing!
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10

Boolit Bub
    Signed up a few days ago. I currently don't do any casting, but I do shoot cast boolits in my 45-70 (H&R Buffalo Classic).

I suspect that my son and I will be doing some casting in the future, as he picked up an old CVA big bore mountain rifle kit at a yard sale last summer. We are in the process of putting it together.,

Used to cast when I was a kid, as my dad and I shot muzzle loaders about every weekend. He may still have his casting equipment. I'll check next time I am there.

I'll be lurking around here from time to time to glean any useful information I can, as well as share any info that I can to help out.

Thanks.

Tim

Welcome TCoggins!
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10

Banned

welcome abord tim glad to have ys. I you have any questions dont be afraid to ask there is a wealth of knowledge here tha is given freely.

Andy

Boolit Mold
    Finally promoted from lurker to member!
    Anxious to get started, really am a newbie, have a propane burner, small cast iron kettle, SS ladle, some lead on the way. Two black-powder guns that have a big appetite for soft lead, a .45ACP pistol, and a .44mag.revolver, all asking for more boolits to be fed to them. 'Been lurking enough to have an idea or two to get me started, but I'm wondering where to get the thermometer to use in my pot? Still shoppin' for a mold to make some lightweight conicals to try in my cap and ball 44 revolver.

Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast