MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Master
    Hello everyone. Long time loader, lifetime tinkerer. I live to trod the path less traveled. I have been lurking for a few days, I see there's other folks like me here, it isn't the time it takes, it's joy of the journey and end result.

Glad to be here.

Boolit Mold
    Hello I"m really new! Handloaded for 40 years but nevercast. I"m really excited to learn.

Banned

Casting does something to the brain...
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 12-17-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Boolit Man

Hello all- Been lurking here for some time. I'm a regular at the Dan Wesson and Specialty Pistols forum- same ID. Started casting just recently after reading posts here, but now I'm deployed in Afghanistan so I have plenty of time to just read during the "off-duty" hours.

Like the other two forums I frequent, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and the insiteful tips.

Warmest Regards and Merry Christmas to all,
    Ron

Wow! Just noticed- been here since 2006- that was an Iraq deployment...

Boolit Mold

g'day all

new bloke from downunder .
    looks like a great site glad to be here .
    i've only done a little bit of casting , mainly for the 303 british & 357 mag . but i have a few new moulds 20g slug & 12g slug , & a new .312 151gr lee for use in the 303 & 7.62x39 using trail boss . i'm wanting to build a .411-303 & i'm trying to dig up as much info about the theory & practical uses of a heavy slow mover like the 411-303 or others for use in a lee enfield smle . cheers all & merry christmas .

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Deadkelly, and a stateside g'day and a Merry Christmas to you! Hope you enjoy this forum!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    Welcome Deadkelly, and a stateside g'day and a Merry Christmas to you! Hope you enjoy this forum!
    1Shirt!
    thanks 1shirt

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    1Shirt!
    1shirt- Omaha, Offut???

I'm from Lincoln, grew up in a USAF family, but joined the Army instead; 27 years ago...

Howdy y'all - I've been hiding in the shadows for some time, I guess it's time I introduced myself. Name is Jeff...I live in the Feminist Utopia of Washington (FUWA). I've been reloading for 30 years, I'm finally taking the plunge into bullet casting. So far I'm loving it. I do a lot of hunting & fishing, four wheeling, prospecting, photography, camping, river running, upland dog training, gunsmithing and woodworking. My my favorite big game hunting is bear and cougar & I love working my brittany dogs on upland birds. About a year ago I picked up a Marlin .444 at the gun show, having wanted one for many years. I followed that about six weeks later with a Marlin .45-70. I'm in love with big bore lever guns, not sure how much use my bolt guns will ever see now...LOL Also have a Savage 99 in .308 & plan to cast for that one too. Also a big fan of my .44 mag revolvers. My early boolit casting will be for my big bore rifles and revolvers, starting with the .44 caliber guns. Bought a bottom pour furnace, sent it back and decided to go with ladle casting to start. Hope that's the right thing to do. Have yet to cast a boolit, and I'm already having a heck of a good time. I do a lot of forum cruising for my interests. I have to say, this may be the best forum on the internet. You all are great, I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks for taking me in.

Curmudgeon in training....Jeff

Boolit Mold
    New guy checking in, just getting into casting and reloading and I know I've got alot to learn but I'm already loving this site!

Boolit Mold
    Love this site and decided to join. Been reloading for 11 years and always wanted to cast so I'm hoping to get into here. I thought I knew what I needed and what to do, but since I've been reading here for a few days I'm a little fuzzy and my head is still spinning, huge wealth of knowledge here.

Jeremy

Banned

Welcome aboard to cast boolit heaven! ..

I remember the first time I saw a boolit mold while I was buying some ammo and I thought... wait a minute, I can make these? I'm in!

I've cast roundballs for BP for years. Every time I surf, I somehow end up here. Do you mean I can actually cast, "boolits" for modern rifles? Drip shot for sporting clay reloads? I bet the ground hogs wouldn't know the difference if they were somersaulted by a copper jacketed spitzer @ 4000 F.P.S. or a gas checked cast boolit @ 1200 F.P.S. I am a newb reloader, but the idea of loading my PA63 makarov, 243 win. , or, (my name sake) Mosin Nagant with boolits of my own manufacture is only a mold or two away from black powder. All I really need to make it happen is load data. Where do I look?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Nugget View Post
    I've cast roundballs for BP for years. Every time I surf, I somehow end up here. Do you mean I can actually cast, "boolits" for modern rifles? Drip shot for sporting clay reloads? I bet the ground hogs wouldn't know the difference if they were somersaulted by a copper jacketed spitzer @ 4000 F.P.S. or a gas checked cast boolit @ 1200 F.P.S. I am a newb reloader, but the idea of loading my PA63 makarov, 243 win. , or, (my name sake) Mosin Nagant with boolits of my own manufacture is only a mold or two away from black powder. All I really need to make it happen is load data. Where do I look?
    Start with looking through the stickies and classics section. Most of your questions will be answered there to get started. You won't have much luck if you just want some one to hand you a load. Too many variables with cast boolits.
    Welcome aboard.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    Hello and a great big thank you to the membership of Cast Boolits. For years I have successfully casted thousands of modern pistol and muzzle loading projectiles. I enjoyed bullet casting and thought I was fairly good at it. However, I ran into a wall of total frustration when I tried to cast, and reload modern rifle rounds. I made many mistakes, wasted too much money, and washed away valuable time. For the most part I would search the web pages at Cast Boolits to get myself out of my latest reloading bind. Believe me I had many! The great membership here at Cast Boolits always had a solution posted for one of my current dilemmas. I cannot offer enough gratitude to you fine folks. Thanks a lot for all the great posts.
    I will try to contribute what I can. Thanks once again!
    Robin M. Smith

Welcome ,,I have been a member here for a few months,and I continue to learn something new every day by reading the great info here. Members here are amazing.If there's a question, I'm sure someone can answer it.Welcome to the addiction!
    Preserve Wildlife,,,,use freezer bags!

hey guys been looking around for awhile and finally decided to say hey im here lol i been casting for several years and i learn something new every time i visit this site!

Hello! I'm just starting out casting and heard this is the place to go for answers. I'm sure I'll be in plenty of times for info and such. Looking forward to forming some fine lead projectiles!

Boolit Mold
    Hello all! Stumbled across this forum today and love it! As a lifelong shooter/reloader/bullet caster, I started out of need now it's become somewhat of an addiction. Basically I shoot to support my reloading habit. So it goes. Right now I'm halfway through my third and FINAL deployment to Iraq. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
    NRA Life Member
    USAF Life Member
    It's over when I say it's over

Boolit Master

One noob to another, we thank you for your service blut und eisen. Head down, stay safe. My son has just returned from his fourth (former Marine with 3 now Army with 2).

I Moderate Forums on Graybeard Outdoors and have for years. Got into casting in the Summer of 2010 through a gift of 900#'s of lead distributed throughout ~80 steel ammo boxes. Have been reading here since then, gathering data, equipment, moulds, books, and casting an ingot or two. They are the "Ugliest Ingots I Will Ever Love".

Have not made any of my own mould cast boolets yet. MidwayUSA sent the wrong RCBS furnace (240V-EUR) for Christmas and UPS didn't deliver the exchange (110V-USA) furnace today as advertised on their tracking site. Soon will have moulds, lead, and furnace. Will Travel for experience. Need some in the lube and sizing departments.

Cast some 180 gr gas checked 357 Mags with a fellow [poster 45-70] in Fernandina Beach before Christmas using his LBT mould, Lyman sizer and Lee furnace. What a riot. Furnace wouldn't heat up outside in the 30 mph wind gusts with temperature dropping from 35 degrees to 25 degrees, so we went to dinner at Sonny's BBQ. Got back and I had never seen wheel weight clips BRIGHT RED. His furnace GOT HOT in an hour.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast