Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1178

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Mold
    Hey thanks! Been interested in trying casting for a bit. Haven't cast any bullets but made some real pretty muffin pan ingots the other night. Fun stuff

Hello all!
    Found this site while looking for info on how to cast 255grn ACP.
    Been lurking for awhile, but saw a Air gun question and felt I have enough experience to add to the convo.
    Have recently got casting equipment, but then winter really kicked in, it was -6 degrees this morning. So, might wait a bit for it to warm up before I can cast my first boolits.
    Thank you all!

Hi all, visited off an on in the past, signed up recently and even contributed, have some stuff to get rid of and should have access to S&S but says I can not post new threads..... what gives?

Now my posts have to be reviewed by a MOD?
    Last edited by Brassmonkey; 12-22-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Boolit Bub

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    I hope we can make your membership worthwhile. :
    Well worth the cost of admission. I hope I am able to eventually return the favor.

Hi all . Visited on and off over the years and finally joined . Hope to contribute eventually , very happy to be here .

Hi and howdy from East Tennessee! I've been casting and reloading since 2010 and have enjoyed it immensely. This looks like a good place to settle in, share and learn some stuff. This old dog still learns new tricks.

Hello all,

I am trying again for my introduction. First time almost got the boot for selling too soon. I'm not selling just try to learn and hopefully contribute to your group.

Lifelong outdoors man, hunting, fishing, ..... Most of my reloading experience was as a kid reloading for my father who was big into trap shooting, I was his cheap labor and enjoyed getting to participate. However that was 50 years ago. My experience reloading outside of shotgun is limited to hand loading for my .38 special over the years using a manual Lee hand set. One step at a time, which was fine for me because I really don't shoot that much other than some target practice at home or the range I simply didn’t use that much ammo.

So, long story short. I have acquired an old friends reloading equipment and supplies. He did a lot of long distance rifle shooting as he lived in Montana. Had nice collection of hand guns and rifles (38, 45ACP, 357Mag, 41Mag, 45LC, rifle 30-40, 243 Win, 270 and 300Rem . Of all the collection which he meticulous cared for I now have the reloading gear. This includes
    • Bullet molds and related equipment to bullet casting.
    • Lots of brass including some already primed and cleaned ready for powder.
    • RCBS 2000 progressive rotary press and dies.
    • Equal selection of bullets for calibers mentioned.
    • Misc. other items, tools, scales, tumbler and media

What I am hoping to get from this group is information to get set up loading the .38’s and 45ACP. That I am sure I will find here just by reading and using all the documentation that came with his collection.

Another thing I am interested in, bringing my fathers home built varmint rifle back to life. It started as a Stevens rolling block, not sure of the barrel but the scope is a J. Unertl. I do know its a wildcat load, .22-3000 Lovell and a good shooter. I have limited cases remaining and hand load when shooting with a rather rude setup. But considering Dad and his buddies were getting close to 3,000 fps and shooting at over 200 yds it's interesting to say the least. Will place a photo when i can. Any .22-3000 shooters out there?

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Boolit Bub
    G'day from Australia. This is my first post. I don't cast anything yet but have just started using casts in my 45-70.
    I'm also waiting on delivery of a Winchester 73 44-40 which I will be loading casts for silhouette matches.
    I know nothing about casting my own so this is why I joined.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy Ya'll,
    New to the forum, was looking for some info on reloading bullet types for a tube mag Henry 357 Mag.
    Been shooting since I was a young'n. Dad was a Marine, Korean War and taught my bother and I how to shoot and hunt at a fairly young age.
    Weapon safety, care and handling was drilled into our heads at a very young age.
    1975 entered the USAF. Went from a promised field of Info Tech into Electronics which actually turned out to be stuffing nukes on B52's. Figured I would get a chance to see the world. Enlisted from Newhall\Saugus CA and was stationed at Riverside, CA. Did get to TDY to Thailand, Guam and Hawaii though.
    Yeah, they put you were they need you.
    Since we weren't at war and the military staffs for wartime we had a lot of doing nothing. One day I walked over to the Armory and started hanging out. Within a few weeks I'd head over after roll call and started tearing down and functional checking M16's. I actually had to carry one whenever we were convoying Nuke Clips.

Got out in 1979 and went straight into Aerospace. Worked on a lot of AR15's over the years.
    I have too many of my own. Bought the above mentioned Henry and a Bullpup 12 gauge just recently.

My neighbor got me into reloading about 15 years ago. He was an old Army guy. Great fun and a wealth of knowledge. He passed on about 5 years ago. I sure do miss him.
    He was big on Dillon presses so when I decided to upgrade from my rotary Lee Press I opted for a Dillon progressive. An XL750.
    OMG it's like the small block Chevy of the reloading world. Everybody has neat upgrade stuff for this press.
    My lovely wife just shakes her head every time the UPS/FedEx guy brings stuff to the door, which is daily it seems.

Anyway, figured I would introduce myself and gain from some of your knowledge.
    See you on the other side!

Boolit Buddy
    Hey I've been lurking this site for a while but now getting into reloading shotgun and thought it would be wise to get more active on here.

Hello and greetings from Sweden.
    Became a member here in 2014 but been away for some time so I better introduce myself again.

Caster, loader, shooter and hunter. Chairman for a small handgunclub and head instructor as well.
    Does shoot handgun competitions in a number of diciplines with various results.
    Got a couple of 38spl/357mags, 40S&W, 9mm and 45acp that I feed with lead.. lots of lead!
    Photography and cooking are something that I enjoy, and both are former professions of mine.

Welcome all from Central NYS !

Hello all! Modoc guy here, and I was told of your forum by a friend. I'm hoping to learn about reloading in general as I'm a noob with that, but not to shooting in general.

I'm sure I'll post a stupid question or two as I learn the ropes and figure out my new Dillon 550C.

Welcome! There are a lot of helpful people here just waiting to help. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Boolit Mold
    1st post and glad to be here. I've loaded with cast before (9mm , 30-30) and have now embarked into 45/70. I figured it was time to get the straight dope from those who do it best ! I look forward to getting up and running and am glad I'm here !!!!

Boolit Bub
    New guy here. Been relocated years but am just getting into the casting. I actually haven’t casted any yet. My custom mold just arrived the other day. I’m going to give it a shot this weekend.

What started this was wanting a subsonic round for a 6.8 SPC in a suppressed SBR. I bought the proper barrel with the correct twist rate but the only 200gr Bullets to be found were made in Australia and only get imported a couple times per year. So I decided to go the cast and powder coated route.

Been gathering supplies and finally about to give it a shot. Been reading a lot on here and figured I may as well sign up and be part of the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Well I had success on my first try. I think they came out pretty good. Now waiting for my powdercoat to come in. And build the rifle to try them out.

.277 214gr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I picked an odd time to start casting. I've been reloading for over 20 years and I've always kept it in the back of my mind that I might try casting. I have a decent collection of COWW that I've found over the years. I was actually able to purchase the rest of what I need and the first boolits will be born soon. I shoot USPSA and Steel Challenge and I figure casting should provide a decent cost savings and hopefully some enjoyment.

Boolit Mold
    New member here. Been casting for a long time 50+ years. First experience was when I was 18 years old and got acquainted with a gentleman who was FFL Holder involved in al aspects of shooting. I was at his Welding shop and he needed some 45 bullets. I volunteered to cast them. It was a 6 cavity H&G 68. What a first experience. Been hooked every since, and the rest is history.

Boolit Mold
    New here and a new reloader. I tend to read more than I post.

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast