PBcastcoTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1176

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Mold
    Greetings all!

Currently based in CA and looking to leave when possible. It seems though that this state is somewhat of a trap.

Currently reload for .577-450, and just started .43 Mauser. Both require casting, so figured I'd stop by and learn some stuff from the grey beards.

Thinking about starting to cast for .308 as well, and have been reading tons. The more I read though, the more questions I have.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Banned
    Dre_sa Welcome to CB.

I'm PMing some information that will help you cast boolits

Howdy,

New member here. Used to shoot and reload a good bit way back when, but marriage and children led me to put it away for a lot longer than I really meant to. But I'm back now! Finally going to learn to cast bullets too. I've already learned a lot from lurking and am now ready to actively participate. Thanks for having me!

Howdy from South Texas! Finally decided to begin casting my own pills after rolling my own for a few years. I was fortunate enough to get a deal on a bunch of used gear to get me started casting quickly, including about 100lbs of WW lead, linotype, etc. I'm also in the country, so the ability to cast my own pills is helpful.

Looking forward to learning much about casting safely! Glad to be here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Hi all, thanks for letting me in.

Been reloading for some time and ended up with a pile of stuff for casting from some estate sales.

Boolit Bub

Evening!
    I’ve been a lurker here for quite a while. I figured it was time to sign up, learn and hopefully contribute in some way. I’ve been reloading for several years and have entertained the idea of cast my own boolits numerous times. More so now that I’m muzzleloading this year for deer and elk, and it’s getting hard to find .54 cal maxi-balls.

Boolit Mold
    New to the forum, new to casting for cartridge. Been casting round ball for years. From a few threads i have read, seems like a great group of good people. I am currently casting 9MM 356-125 2R, .45ACP 452-228 1R and .380 356-102-1R. I am at this time powder coating as well. I had just completed a small run this weekend. I have the Lyman cast book coming next week. Quick question, In all my other reloading manuals what load data should I be looking at JHP, FMJ, TMJ, LRN (P), SP. and of course minus 10% on the charge, or for me a tad more. I've been looking through my reloading manuals and if my memory serves me right, (which is only 25% of the time) I go off JHP or (P) minus 10%. Thanx in advance.

Boolit Mold
    hello everyone Im from south florida. Just started reloading in Jan. reload primarily with cast bullets but do use plated also. After much thinking and lurking have decided to begin to contribute here as well. would like to start casting my own bullets later this year. reload primarily for .38/357 mag ,9mm and hopefully .44mag later this year also. started on a hand press and just upgraded to a press mounted to a 2x6 and clamped to my table. fun times loving it so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The bgginign.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	241011

Boolit Bub
    Greetings. I have been reading and learning here for a little while. Thank you to the membership for the knowledge and willingness to share info.
    I have been reloading since the seventies but began casting bullets this year. I was cleaning out the spare bedroom and came across a box of my grandfather's old sinker and jig molds. It brought back a flood of memories so I dusted the gear off and started casting fishing stuff. I figured what the heck and ordered a cheap Lee 45 acp mold and in a short period of time I built an additional work bench in the garage and dove into my new hobby. I am now casting and powder coating for 5 handgun calibers.
    Many here have said it is rather addicting and now I understand what the meant.

Thanks again for all the members that share their knowledge and experience.

Duke

Howdy There!

Just wanted to get a quick hello in and introduce myself. I have browsed here many times in the past looking for info and load data suggestions. I do not cast anything myself but its looking like I am going to get into it in the near future.

I have been reloading for close to 15 years now but only for a few pistol calibers. Recently I acquired a MEC sizemaster and I am looking to get into shotshell loading mainly using slugs. Thats what sparked my interest in casting. Gotta find a way to feed the old 12ga with slugs that wont break the bank!

I also have a funky project where Im trying to reload some specialty 12ga ammo for the RAS12 shotgun and Im looking to experiment with slugs for those cartridges.

It looks like there is a lot of good info here that I will spend way too many hours soaking it all in.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the community!

---Jimbo---

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skrapyard628 View Post
    Howdy There!

Just wanted to get a quick hello in and introduce myself. I have browsed here many times in the past looking for info and load data suggestions. I do not cast anything myself but its looking like I am going to get into it in the near future.

I have been reloading for close to 15 years now but only for a few pistol calibers. Recently I acquired a MEC sizemaster and I am looking to get into shotshell loading mainly using slugs. Thats what sparked my interest in casting. Gotta find a way to feed the old 12ga with slugs that wont break the bank!

I also have a funky project where Im trying to reload some specialty 12ga ammo for the RAS12 shotgun and Im looking to experiment with slugs for those cartridges.

It looks like there is a lot of good info here that I will spend way too many hours soaking it all in.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the community!

---Jimbo---
    Welcome to CB.GL Forum!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Bub

Hello
    Benstick/Jerry here,doing some reloading 8 months new to the hobby,Been finding casting equipment from my fil's place,we had to put him in a home(Dementia and palsy) and cleaning his place out to move in,found a stash of older casting equipment so figured I better read up and get ready for another aspect of handloading,it will be awhile before I am informed and setup in the house so learning what I can until I can put it into hands on.
    Thank you for all the information and time put in for this forum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentstick View Post
    Hello
    Benstick/Jerry here,doing some reloading 8 months new to the hobby,Been finding casting equipment from my fil's place,we had to put him in a home(Dementia and palsy) and cleaning his place out to move in,found a stash of older casting equipment so figured I better read up and get ready for another aspect of handloading,it will be awhile before I am informed and setup in the house so learning what I can until I can put it into hands on.
    Thank you for all the information and time put in for this forum
    Welcome to the CB.GL Forum!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Mold
    Hey everyone! I'm not a reloader, but I'm starting to get back into firearms after a few years away. I shot as a kid, but I'm looking to get a little more serious these days--maybe even learn how to reload and cast my own. Lookin' forward to reading all the great information you all are posting.

-Milo

Boolit Mold
    Getting back into casting after about a 30 year lay off. My life was just too busy for it... got too busy for reloading too, but I'm also back at that. Used to cast for my dad when I was a kid. Moved on to doing it for myself, but always went to his house to do it. He Had a stove in the garage for outdoor cooking, to keep from heating up the house in the Arizona summer. We Cast boolits dipping from the pot into single mould.

This time around I got a Saeco furnace from dad that he had laying around. He also found some of the stuff I used to use and gave to him when I was moving on from casting. He also gave me a bunch of lead to get started with. Still have some gear I need but should be up and running before long.
    Ill be picking thru the site for tidbits I can use. Ill be casting for 44 Mag, 45 ACP, 30-30, Muzzleloader 44 cal and 50 cal. Everything else ill be running jacketed in.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this. I'm hoping not to get too sucked in... but I probably will...

Boolit Mold
    Hello from CA!
    Finally taking up reloading after years of halfway attempts (and ridiculous state laws).
    I’m into plinking and C&R as well as percussion revolvers.
    Going to start slow and go through these buckets of brass I’ve been telling myself I’m going to do something with

Banned
    Welcome to castboolits. I'm PMing you some information and links that should be useful in starting out your journey.

Boolit Mold
    I got your PM!!
    Helpful stuff right there! After spending too much time reading on this site, and feeling like not enough time doing, I'm smarter than I was, and dumber than I thought, so thanks for that!! As I feared I'm all sucked in to this!
    LOL!

Welcome to the fellow newb to this site, Trash Panda!

Boolit Buddy
    Hello from Jackson Co.WVa,I just registered today.It looks like this is a nice informative forum.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Hello from Jackson Co.WVa,I just registered today.It looks like this is a nice informative forum.
    Welcome to Cb.GL forums, Elroy!

A lot to read here. Lots of great info from some real sharp folks. If you want to know about reloading & casting "boolits" , the two of which together, I call, "handloading", you have certainly come to what is probably the best place in the world for info.

If ya do decide to ask a question, please be sure to add as much info in your posting the question or questions. Many times folks will ask a question or questions & not include much of the info necessary to give a proper & knowledgeable question, so then folks have to start asking more questions to actually get to the answer or answers.

And please be sure to add to anything if you have info that others have not yet shared. Most everyone here likes to learn more & sharing the info is what makes the place, the best!

Enjoy!, and once again, Welcome!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast