Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Buddy
    I forget to stop by here first . Been reloading for years and wanted to take up casting . This place has a wealth of information . Also thanks to the few members who have messaged me with help and information . This old man from Texas is in full lead scrounging mode.....Anyway greetings and thanks .

Hi,

Been lurking here for a while, soaking up a ton of good info. Seems like a good crew here.

Been reloading for about 30 years, but only dabbled at casting years ago with borrowed equipment. Looking into casting & coating boolits for 45ACP & 45-70/458 SOCOM.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Last words of Major General John Sedgwick, Battle of Spotsylvania.

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles. Jeff Cooper

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Bub
    I'm a recent new member of the forum. I've been reloading for a few years, but I have never cast a bullet. I recently acquired a Pietta, in .45 Long Colt, and I'm astounded at the cost of ammo for it. So, I'm going to do a lot of reading and try to educate myself, to be able to cast some "boolets" for my 1873 peacemaker clone. Maybe I'm not to old to learn?

I've been peepin on this place since loooong time ago. Now I've decided to finally join. This place is a fountain of knowledge and now I'm happy to be part of it.

Welcome!

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome! We are never too old to learn or help.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by powwowell View Post
    I'm a recent new member of the forum. I've been reloading for a few years, but I have never cast a bullet. I recently acquired a Pietta, in .45 Long Colt, and I'm astounded at the cost of ammo for it. So, I'm going to do a lot of reading and try to educate myself, to be able to cast some "boolets" for my 1873 peacemaker clone. Maybe I'm not to old to learn?
    Hey, I know you, well at least we're both on another forum. Welcome to here from another aspiring bullet caster!

Boolit Mold
    Found the web site today, Joined today! Lookin' forward to finding lots of info....

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard Tanker!
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Tanker you are going to have a blast , and welcome .

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    TANKER

Welcome aboard,now pull up your favorite EZ chair and a LARGE mug of coffee and start reading the stickies and then start asking questions.

Girty says HOWDEEEE also.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Hi to all. I've lurked a while and now I've joined with some questions about casting balls for black powder stuff I inherited.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome there are many ball rollers on this sight

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    Hi to all. I've lurked a while and now I've joined with some questions about casting balls for black powder stuff I inherited.
    Lol nice avatar to go with the screenname. And welcome to the madness.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Banned

Welcome Governor.

Your last name isn't Brown is it? ...

Heriot. Brian Heriot.

Banned

That's great news...

Well I might as well say hi again, since my last log in was 5/9/14. I lost my login for awhile but I still have the BucketBack sydrome from Ice Fishing.

I just acquired some lead, old school molds a small electric ladle(sic) and a bunch of blackpowder bullets from an estate(s)

Expect to see the bullets up for sale once I get up my post count up

I just picked up a New unused 44 Bulldog and will be casting for that and my buddy's Springer A1
    here's a link to a Bucket-Back closed ad on arfcom, since I need the special brass anyway
    This is merely for street cred with you guys so you know I'm a straight shooter
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_114/...ket_Value.html
    Last edited by BucketBack; 08-29-2016 at 05:37 PM. Reason: grammar issues

Boolit Buddy
    TXCOONDOG here!

I've hunted all my life and started reloading about four years ago, mainly because I wasn't happy with my rifles performance. Of coarse, shooting guns with hard to find ammo (wasn't commonly stocked item at stores) such as the 6.8 SPC II, 10mm Auto, etc push me to reloading.

My factory Remington SPS in .308 was shooting 1.5" group at 100 yds and by trial & error, it now produces groups at .280" at 100 yds with my reloads (when I do my part).

I also reload for all my shotguns (12 & 20 gauges) and pistols too.

My son and wife bought me a GP100, Model 1707 for my birthday (8/22) this month.

So you guessed it, I want to learn how to start casting my own bullets for my new toy!

I bought a .358/158 SWC Lee 6 cavity bullets mold, Lee 20lb production pot, Lee hardness tester, .357 and .358 sizing dies, 1,000 pieces of starline brass, Lyman 3rd & 4th Cast Bullet Handbooks, .357 reloading dies along with a roll crimp die, etc.

Note: I checked my chamber throat for size. I went ahead and slugged the barrel too!

I have about 100lbs of CWW that has been fluxed and cast into 1lb ingots. I bought some SuperHard and Linotype from Rotometal to get me off to a decent start.

Of coarse, I understand that it will take practice, trial and error to hone the skills needed to become a decent caster!

Hope not only to learn from everyone, but to share my knowledge with all as well.

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast