Thank you!

Boolit Master
    Long ago I might have said hello here,
    But just changed address
    North Pole or Sonoran desert?
    Came for the winter, two years ago.
    After -40, 100 in the shade feels good.
    Cremation of Sam McGee comes to mind.
    Thanks for the forum, been lurking forever.

Hello!

New here. Pretty new to reloading. About 3 years and have recently been really interested in casting! I have been reading the lyman book of casting, have ordered some stuff and more on the way. I have made the mistake of buying pure lead. Now I'm wondering if I should buy some tin and possibly antimony, or maybe just buy #2 from rotometals to start with and deal with it later. Lots of great information here!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RockRat64 View Post
    Hello!

New here. Pretty new to reloading. About 3 years and have recently been really interested in casting! I have been reading the lyman book of casting, have ordered some stuff and more on the way. I have made the mistake of buying pure lead. Now I'm wondering if I should buy some tin and possibly antimony, or maybe just buy #2 from rotometals to start with and deal with it later. Lots of great information here!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of producing your own boolits . Just a suggestion but you can start a thread on the subject in a different form and get a lot of helpful information . This ( Welcome aboard to all members ) form doesn't get as much traffic as some of the other sections so information will come much slower .
    A little tip to help the members point you in the right direction - is post details such as cartridge your starting with than let the members slowly work with you to get you pointed in the right direction .
    Pure lead is very useful don't be held back by not trying to cast with pure although you probably will need a little tin / or pewter to get good fill out . In low velocity cartridges such as 38 special , 45 acp , even lower velocity easy shooting rifle loads .
    Keep in mind there are a few differences in loading jacketed bullets compared to cast boolits .
    I'm going to send you a private message , just to point you in the right direction starting a thread where you can get the most out of it .

Hello , new guy here lol.been reloading for a few years now and a few of my buddies from trapperman.com said I should join here if I wanted to learn about casting so hear I am lol ! This place is much bigger than what I'm used to on other forums but is there like a buy sell and trade portion here ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Hello , new guy here lol.been reloading for a few years now and a few of my buddies from trapperman.com said I should join here if I wanted to learn about casting so hear I am lol ! This place is much bigger than what I'm used to on other forums but is there like a buy sell and trade portion here ?
    Yep Buying and selling , but there are a few rules . Welcome

Boolit Bub
    Hello - Lurker finally registering. I have been reading the threads on this site off and on for years. I have been reloading since 1972 and still keep learning stuff. I like to shoot cast bullets in my handguns and did some casting on my own in the late 1980's - using Lee 6 cavity molds and their tumble lube bullets in 357 and 45 acp. I haven't done any casting since then but still have my Lee bottom pour pot.

I like reloading and shooting. I also am a member of the S&W forum and the Accurate shooters forum, as well as rimfirecentral and probably a few others I have forgot about.

Howdy Tom, Welcome to the CB.GL forum from Kentucky.

Boolit Mold
    Hello forum
    I have broused the forum for several years and finialy decided to join. Started reloading in the early 70's and casting soon after.

Been hooked by a friend to cast bullets, especially starting with my 10mm. I have a Glock 20 and a MechTech carbine for it. Live in Texas and shoot hogs now and then. Hunt, fish, reload, shoot, and now will begin CASTING boolits. Thanks for having me.

Boolit Mold

Hello been awhile

Hi guys old username was Bigcaneswift site has changed a bit still just looking around hope to make new friends and find the old ones,

Howdy from Kentucky. What do you like shooting? I'm into handguns of the revolver variety and leverguns of the smokeless era. But I like about anything.

Cast Boolits Owner

Hi Kevin, having More than one profile on this forum is not allowed. Tell me which one do you wish to keep so I can either deleted the other or merged them together into the one you wish to keep. Either way is pretty easy.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by billygoatgruff View Post
    Hi guys Kevin from Louisiana old username was Bigcaneswift hoping to get back on the site a lot has changed
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Mold
    Please keep billygoatgruff thanks

Boolit Mold
    I haven't started reloading yet but I have a Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit with 9mm and .223 dies. A friend told me I needed to join here. Can't wait to learn.
    Brawny

Boolit Mold
    Long time owner and shooter. Been reloading for a while now and am starting the casting route now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Bret Lawson
    "When you come to the fork in the road, take it."- Yogi Berra

Boolit Bub
    Hello gentlemen and ladies. I’ve been missing in action since around 2015. Thanks cast boolits for keeping me around! Way to many life and age obstacles came from all directions. Retired fully but downsized house, big mistake lol. So now I’m digging under the house to create a bullet shop. One way to help the old ticker, I suppose. Anyways do not watch any of the hgtv tiny houses with wife! it’s not true. When your older you need room. There is no way to down size. My hobbies are expensive and want fit. It’s not that bad, But close! Did I say I’m digging under the house for more room. I’ve finally dug thru 4’ of dirt by hand and I’m down to 8’. So onward I go to digging.,this all leads me to some question. So Richard Corbin retired, is there options for walnut hill swage dies? How about .308 factory jackets? I see Dave has some for sale. Is there someone who maybe bought Richards equipment to take that part of business over? Also being inactive with my equipment Being in non climate controlled building ( has insulation) whats the chances my primers large small rifle cci still In packaging being good? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t get way above 100 degrees summer time, and it’s never ever below freezing here. So just getting caught back up with things and wanted to say hello again to everyone. With any advice I will say thank you in advance.

Boolit Bub
    Hello,

Long time reloader. New to casting. Looking to start with 9mm first then move on to other calibers from there.

Boolit Master
    New member, I started casting about 6 months ago and have found out I do not know enough about it to proceed. I am hoping that some where there is a group casting that I can go and watch. This happened when I first loaded with jacketed bullets. A friend helped me get started and he told me very thing I needed to know, except to lube the cases. He completely forgot that part. My press sat for a long time with a 30-06 case stuck in it. A friend from church gave me the Hornaday DVD and that helped then I went to his house and loaded with him. Ive been on my own for 15-20 years now.

Greeting all!

Just got registered today. Have seen the site a couple times here and there. I started reloaded about 5 years ago havent looked back since. My reloads consist of various handgun loads and a lot of 223, 300AAC, 308, 6.5Creedmoor and then the big ole 50BMG.

I started casting about a year ago as I moved to the next stage of my learning curve. I've had great success casting and powder coating with pistols proj, heavy 300 blackout and even some 223. I thought mine looked great until I saw some pics browsing through some of the threads. Mine looks and shoot good (i've now accepted they just looked decent now), but some of you look like the Lord himself cast them. I'll get there eventually. For now they look decent and group well.

I actually officially registered because I spoke with Brian (BT Sniper) and ordered some of his premium 22 swage dies.

Bottom line, I think I like reloading almost as much as I like shooting. Any free time I have, I'm either doing some sort of reloading activity or picking up brass from my local BLM land shooting spot. I look forward to gleaning wisdom off of you all and hope to pass it along to future new members.

Cheers!
    Joseph

Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast