Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

G'day folks. Was directed here by Bad *** Wallace as a means of increasing my avenues of learning about the mysterious art of castin'
    Am over the magic 50 and have been involved in shooting since I was 10. Have been involved in reloading now for about 30yrs for both rifle and handgun. I do use factory cast projectiles in my pistols and a few rifles (Mod92 32-20, 44-40) but am looking to expand on that in the coming years.

So, am currently enjoying all the posts relating to Martini Cadets as I have several, original and custom, and currently looking at one chambered for 357Mag.

Look forward to learing more and interacting with you all as time goes by.

Howdy, I have been lurking for a while. I got directed here from 1911forum.com for questions I was asking there a while back. I joined and used the search function and found everything I had questions about. I have been back a number of time for the knowledge base.

I grew up with a Dad and Uncle that reloaded. I learned from them in my teens during the 70's. I also had a good friend in HS who's father was QA for Hercules in Brunswick GA - he was paid to pull powder off the line, load it up, and test it. I learned a lot from him as well. Dad was into casting .44, .45, and 9mm/.38 for what he shot. After I moved away in the 80's I would come back with my spent brass and use his equipment to do a mass reload. When he passed I got his RockChucker, some essential equipment, and powder/components for what I shot and I let my brother-in-law have the rest. I have since picked up a Dillon 550B and I now load 9mm, 45, 223, and 6.8SPC.

Boolit Mold
    Hello All, Google was nice enough to bring me here. I was looking for information on doing a caliber change on a Mauser and looking for info on casting and reloading for it. Seems like I have most of it covered here on 1 site. Down side is, looks like ill be spending alot of money after reading here. Thanks Guys.
    James Thomas

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jthomas View Post
    Hello All, Google was nice enough to bring me here. I was looking for information on doing a caliber change on a Mauser and looking for info on casting and reloading for it. Seems like I have most of it covered here on 1 site. Down side is, looks like ill be spending alot of money after reading here. Thanks Guys.
    James Thomas
    Welcome to the club, it's money well spent if it keeps you enjoying your hobby =). I stopped trying to save money reloading.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Mold
    Hello all, I have been lurking here for quite some time, always planning on getting into casting. I am finally making the plunge by jumping in over my head. I am building a large frame AR in 45 Raptor (a straight walled 308). So I will be reshaping brass as well as casting, and loading 260gr boolits to a screaming 2300fps. Hopefully this newfangled powder coating helps with that.

I also will be starting to cast 12ga slugs, as well as bitty boolits for my 9mm.

I am a veteran, married, and have 5 kids, shooting is a large part of our lives out here in rural GA.

God bless.

Banned

Lordy, I remember my first post... lol

You can read on here non stop for years...!

Welcome aboard.

Pat ...

Boolit Grand Master
    Welcome aboard!
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Mold
    Thanks fellas, I will try to update based on my data once I get rolling. I am very excited about the 45 raptor, I think it has a lot of potential.

Boolit Buddy

Hello all. Been a member for several years mostly reading and studying. There is tremendous knowledge here and I appreciate everyone's willingness to help and further the understanding of this amazing hobby. I would have never believed the extraordinary capabilities of the cast boolit just a few short years ago. Now I only look at things that can shoot them efficiently or in the terms of how much I can learn from them. I am truly appreciative.

BHill

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever

Talking Binky Here!

Long time lurker(probably a decade or more) As a long time shooter and caster, mostly in handguns but some rifle,(50+years) I have enjoyed reading the forum. I especially enjoy the vintage equipment sections and the hunting/shooting sections. As an old guy I don't spend as much time in the field or at the range as I once did and as a result I don't cast as much as I have in the past. If I follow my usual pattern I will read a lot and post seldom. If I have a question or something to contribute, I will chime in but mostly I will read and learn. Thanks to all for the knowledge I have gained, over the years and I hope to continue along the same path for sometime to come!

Boolit Buddy
    Just wanted to say hello! I've been a handgun reloader for a few years and just got into casting this week. I think I'm getting a hang of the casting portion fairly well, it's learning the art of PC'ing that's the hard part. Hopefully I'll figure it out once I sift through all of the info here on the website.

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys. I just joined, but I’ve been lurking for awhile now. I’ve dabbled in reloading for the last couple of years but am finally getting serious about it. I got a melt pot and 9mm mold last Christmas, but they’re still in the box. Just bought 100lbs of scrap from the local indoor range that I’m going to turn into ingots soon. Anyway, I’m mostly here to learn, but I wanted to say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Hi folks ! New member here, thank you for letting me join ! Burned about 1/4 lb of black powder through my little 32 Crockett today and finaly got it to shoot the little tc maxi Hunter !! Good times

Banned

Sounds like a fun Saturday for sure! My girl and I went to a gun show, her first one... and that was fun as well. Think I got a new gun nut in the making... lol

Welcome , Binki, EMR, jmkelly60 & last but not least paulragan. We have been remiss in not welcoming you to the forum. Much to read and digest here and If you have a question trust me someone will probably have the answer so ASK. Some times you get directed to a thread that has the answer, but I have found that it usually answers many questions you did not realize you had too. So WELCOME to the club. Cast on.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Welcome , Binki, EMR, jmkelly60 & last but not least paulragan. We have been remiss in not welcoming you to the forum. Much to read and digest here and If you have a question trust me someone will probably have the answer so ASK. Some times you get directed to a thread that has the answer, but I have found that it usually answers many questions you did not realize you had too. So WELCOME to the club. Cast on.
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I’ve been able to answer most of my questions but by browsing the pages here. But everyone’s been more than helpful when I do post a question.

Boolit Mold
    Just joined up today! I look forward to getting a wealth of info from this forum. Thanks!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome to the best source of knowledge about casting, loading, most things related. Read the stickys and the rules and you will enjoy cast boolits. Try the chat room most on of a morning or evening get in and get to know these folks.

Boolit Mold
    Hi, all from SW Colorado! I've been reading castboolits for years now and joined up to see if DougGuy might be able to help me out with a new revolver that's a lemon.

I really appreciate all the great info! Much to learn.

I'm an early retired, senior citizen type. I do quite a bit of my own home DIY gunsmithing - usually with success but got in over my head on this wheel gun. I'm also an auto musclecar hobbyist and sometimes do some dualsport motorcycling.

Anyway, thank you all for all the great info in this website!

Micke S.

Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast