Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Moly

Moly

Does any one use moly on there cast bullets as a lube? I have done some and like what I see. A little goes a long way.

Boolit Master

I did once using a vibrating case cleaner for 9MM boolits I put though my 9MM AR. In my experience I found them messy and I didn't get the results I wanted, soon as I finish up shooting the thousands I've got loaded I'm switching to Ben's red which since I've found it is the best thing I've ever used. I have a couple of pounds of Moly if you need more, I tend to buy more than I need In this case I have like a 50 lifetime supply!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Tried it, didn't like it, pressures are inconsistent. Too slick for cast I suspect. Cleaned it out of my barrels, and will never go back again.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    ive got a bunch of 240 swc .44 that are moly coated im gonna try. i havent shoot any yet though.

I also bought to much of it for a little goes a goes a long long way. I will never use it all. I put some #9 and some #5 shot in my vihrating cleaner so they would lube better and faster. I have lost about 75 FPS on my 243 but my barrel will last a lot longer.

Boolit Master
    Just my opine, but moly works better on J-words than on boolits.

Boolit Mold
    I mix a little in with my tumble lube......key word is a LITTLE......a little goes a long ways

I use a home made lub. 50-50 BW & Moly- lithum grease . It works good in handguns & is easy to make.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.