Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 314299 200 Gr in 7.62 54R

Boolit Grand Master
    That would be the boolit I would use if the bore of my sons 7.62 x 54 didn't look like like a gutter downspout.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master
    That would be the boolit i would use if the bore of my sons 7.62 x 54 didn't look like like a rain gutter downspout.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master
    That would be the boolit I would use if the bore of my sons 7.62 x 54 didn't look like like a rain gutter downspout.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

The load I have settled on is:
    Lyman #314299 sized .314", Winchester 7.62x54R brass, Remington 9 1/2 M LRM Primers
    3.0 gr Alliant 2400 under 48.2 gr WC867 ( not yet chronographed )
    After walking the impacts up by adjusting the scope, this is a 10 rd group at 50 yds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50 yd MN target.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	97661
    This is a loaded round, a fired round, and a fired round's primer.

Name:	#314299 Loaded.Fired.Primer view.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	97663
    This is my Nagant.

Name:	My Mossin Nagant.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	97664
    Devin
    DKN Gunsmithing

Boolit Master

Larry if I had a daughter like yours I'd be sure the shotgun was always near by. Congratulations on the up coming event. I wish your family much happiness and as Paul Harvey was fond of saying about marriages..they are not all "slip knots". I certainly wish that for your kids.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    in 91/30's and 39 finns, i shoot water dropped gas checked in a 314 sizer and about 22gr of imr 4227 with rem primer and lapua brass, for 1600-1700 fps for 100 and 200 yd shooting.
    i managed 2nd place for the yr in 200yd matches.
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Nice to see you posting on the forum again Mike! My M 39 (Sako) wouldn't be too happy with a .314" CB, but #314299 @ .312" with a load such as yours is perfect for it. A "fat" Loverin, also @ .312", but 9grs. lighter works almost as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12