MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postal Match Site benefit

Postal Match Site benefit

Targets must be postmarked 5-31-2014
    FYI: A total of $238 was raised for the benefit of the site. This amount was the net after the cost of the targets and postage to mail the targets to the participants was deducted from the gross amt. The money and expenses were audited by oneokie.[/

From the Organizer; I cant believe you guys arent signing up in droves !!!! You know 25% of the enrolled membership here will go shooting anyway between March 1st and May 31st so why not send in for a target? 50% of the guys here would go shooting between those dates if you gave them a reason !!!!!! Trust me, sending in for a target, practicing, going out and shooting that target, waiting with baited breath for the results, it WILL MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD !!!!!!!! SIGN UP TODAY !!!!!!!!!

There is going to be a postal match. This one is going to be 22lr only, logistically it makes the most sense. You regular match guys get in and all you others bust out those dusty old 22's and lets set some records here. There aint no shame but maybe your claim to fame. The match will be open to all ages and we request that ages 12 and under mark your targets with your age as well as the other info required. This is a CB site benefit fun match. Lets light this candle.................

There will be 4 divisions;

1.Heavy barreled target rifles with scopes.**
    2.Heavy barreled target rifles with iron sights.**
    3.Sporter rifles with scopes.
    4.Sporter rifles with iron sights.

**Any rifle with a heavy barrel will be considered a target rifle. A "heavy" barrel in this match will be anything .750 and heavier.

Rules are as follows;

5.The match will start March 1st and end May 31st.
    6.The targets for the matches will cost $5.00 each to be paid to sbowers.
    7. I (sbowers) will send you the official target that will be turned in for score, you may copy it as many times as you want but you must turn in the one that is sent to you.
    8. All targets must be shot as 50 yards.
    9. It is a bench match.
    10. The target will be NRA Official two bull 50 yard small bore rifle target. Five shots each target.
    11. This is an honor match.
    12. It is a 22 longrifle rimfire only, no 17's or 22 mags.
    13. Names and address must be pm'd to sbowers to receive your official target.

14. Send the $5.00 per Target requested to;

Sbowers
    hc66 box 160, Sawyer,Ok 74756

15. After you receive your target...shoot it when ready.
    16. Every target needs to have the make and model of rifle, the scope and power, ammo, wind if possible and the date and time shot
    17. Send your targets to be scored to;

NO TARGET ARRIVING AT PETES AFTER THE 5TH OF JUNE WILL BE SCORED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Terpstra
    4419 Old St. Rd. 37 N
    Bedford In. 47421.

Please put your name and your Username for Cast Boolits on the target , and fill it out completely.
    Mr. Terpstra will announce the winner and scores on This site.
    Last edited by oneokie; 05-25-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    Blessed be the lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144

sbowers
    Put my name is the hat for 2 classes scoped factory heavy barrel and iron sight factory heavy barrel.
    Steve
    Last edited by sbowers; 01-01-2014 at 08:11 PM.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Am in for 2 classes, sporter iron and sporter scope.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    What, no pistol class? (I'm in.)
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I am so in, dont hate, lol ............ Honestly, may the best man win. (Hope I aint cuttin myself out too soon)
    Blessed be the lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144

Moderator Emeritus

I am in for sporter scoped
    If you do not stand for something, you stand for nothing.

You can't spell "restore" with h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    What, no pistol class? (I'm in.)
    A pistol/revolver class would be nice.

I'm in for the rifle.
    M.O.P.H.--D.A.V.-- N.R.A.-- Life Member

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I probably won't be able to shoot in this one and I don't want to mess anything up but with an end date of April 30 the shooters in the Northeast are very likley to be still in the deep freeze. This was a problem in another shoot and Steve extended the date a month or so.

I would not be opposed to moving it a month or so. Steve-O, you readin this?

Boolit Buddy

i am in scoped sporter and iron sporter

sbowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealzybub View Post
    I would not be opposed to moving it a month or so. Steve-O, you readin this?
    I am not apposed to moving or extending it another month.
    Steve

Boolit Master

mikeym1a, here, I'm in. I have an old Winchester Mod 37, I believe it is, with iron sights, I guess that would be a sporter class. And I guess a marlin semi-auto/scope. So I guess I want two targets. Will get the money in the mail on Monday. This should be fun! Can't wait for the weather to dry up!

Banned

I'm in. Sporter- iron sights. First match in 54 years. I hope that's enough practice.

Boolit Bub

I'm in for two heavy barrel target w/scope. Funds will be sent Monday

Boolit Master

I'm in Sporter Rifle with Iron sights

Boolit Master

I sent for 3 targets, one for me and 2 for my kids. I assume they are welcome too, even though they don't actually post here?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    I sent for 3 targets, one for me and 2 for my kids. I assume they are welcome too, even though they don't actually post here?
    The more the merrier to my way of thinking!!! Good luck to ya Springfield, you'll need it to outshoot those eagle-eyed youngsters!!

Boolit Buddy

all four

Ok so I'm just posting to keep clear the "22lr only" rule. My idea when I started this particular match was to have fun. Anyone and everyone can have fun with a 22lr. I've had inquiries about other types of weapons and calibers and I think to keep the playing field as even as possible we should at least keep within the same caliber. Then even at that are there people out there that want to go head to head, Heritage Rough Rider verses Steve Bowers model 52? Aside from pistols if we had an "open" event then yer gonna get guys fresh back in country with their Cheytac Intervention shooting against a 22lr. Lets just keep this at 22lr, rifle, and then in the future if anyone wants to have a different class which I would welcome by the way, then we can organize those. I will always be happy to help organize and with very little looking around you will always be able to find others here willing to help also. In the interest of getting as many shooters as possible I think we should keep it to one match at a time though.

Thanx, Bealzybub.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bealzybub View Post
    Ok so I'm just posting to keep clear the "22lr only" rule. My idea when I started this particular match was to have fun. Anyone and everyone can have fun with a 22lr. I've had inquiries about other types of weapons and calibers and I think to keep the playing field as even as possible we should at least keep within the same caliber. Then even at that are there people out there that want to go head to head, Heritage Rough Rider verses Steve Bowers model 52? Aside from pistols if we had an "open" event then yer gonna get guys fresh back in country with their Cheytac Intervention shooting against a 22lr. Lets just keep this at 22lr, rifle, and then in the future if anyone wants to have a different class which I would welcome by the way, then we can organize those. I will always be happy to help organize and with very little looking around you will always be able to find others here willing to help also. In the interest of getting as many shooters as possible I think we should keep it to one match at a time though.

Thanx, Bealzybub.

+1
    Thanks for organizing/putting this together. Lookin forward to it.
    Russ- ncbearman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast