RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Group Buy *44-245 RNFP-GC A.C.E 2cavity Steel -official sign up

Banned

I want to thank everyone for the kind words, you all are a great group of guys!

Banned
    Got mine and not only does it look great....it casts great......best part is....it "fits" my Ruger44 Carbine like a glove.

Did the ol lets cast 100 or so and see what ya got and kept all but the first 5 casts. I Broke out my fancy Jap indicating micrometer and all is great. With my mutt 50/50 alloy variation ran from ...4325 to .4330 with a mould that had never been used....cannot top that with chocolate and creme. With my alloy they weigh 242.9 to 243.1 on average....woohoo again.

BTW....I too had to replace my spruplate screw with a longer one as the setscrew was not quite engaging into it......methinks someone went to the thicker sprueplate without adjusting screw length to hold down said spruplate.

I will shoot some in about a week if all goes according to plan.

A big shouted out THANK YOU to Edd and Josh for making dreams come true....THANK YOU

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    Got mine and not only does it look great....it casts great......best part is....it "fits" my Ruger44 Carbine like a glove.

Did the ol lets cast 100 or so and see what ya got and kept all but the first 5 casts. I Broke out my fancy Jap indicating micrometer and all is great. With my mutt 50/50 alloy variation ran from ...4325 to .4330 with a mould that had never been used....cannot top that with chocolate and creme. With my alloy they weigh 242.9 to 243.1 on average....woohoo again.

BTW....I too had to replace my spruplate screw with a longer one as the setscrew was not quite engaging into it......methinks someone went to the thicker sprueplate without adjusting screw length to hold down said spruplate.

I will shoot some in about a week if all goes according to plan.

A big shouted out THANK YOU to Edd and Josh for making dreams come true....THANK YOU
    Mike,

It makes my work worth so much to me knowing guys will use and enjoy these molds for DECADES to come, I just don't get this satisfaction from my truck driving job. I hope to be able to quit in a while.

So about that NEXT design???

Joshua

Banned
    Temptation overuled

My 44carbine is sighted dead on with the Speer 240 grain Jacketed Soft point and 23.5 grains of H110/W296. I just loaded up 5 rounds of this new 44 ACE "HAMMER" and shot them out the door at my 4X4 plate that hangs at 75yds. Five shots = 5 hits and the plate is still swinging as I type this. Feeding/Cycling/Hitting check,check, and check

When the boolits mature a bit ..... I will put her on paper.

Dang! Y'all are killing me! LOL. I received my .433 size die from Buckshot yesterday. It might take another day or two for my mould to get down to the dirty south

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 338RemUltraMag View Post
    After seeing this do you think I will be able to run the 32 Ball-et as needed? I know you were one of the guys who voted to give me a chance...
    The proof will be in the shooting but the evidence looks compelling! My youngest returns from Afghanistan Saturday and I'm trying to get things fixed so that I can make the trip to Ft. Riley tomorrow. I won't be able to cast and shoot these until next week but if pressed to give an answer based on what I've seen and already read, as far as I'm concerned, the job is yours.

BF
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by .429 View Post
    Dang! Y'all are killing me! LOL. I received my .433 size die from Buckshot yesterday. It might take another day or two for my mould to get down to the dirty south

If it helps your situation....THEY BLOW THE LIVING SNOT OUT OF A 1 GALLON MILKJUG TOO! Just trying to help ya know

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Ford View Post
    The proof will be in the shooting but the evidence looks compelling! My youngest returns from Afghanistan Saturday and I'm trying to get things fixed so that I can make the trip to Ft. Riley tomorrow. I won't be able to cast and shoot these until next week but if pressed to give an answer based on what I've seen and already read, as far as I'm concerned, the job is yours.

BF
    Have a safe trip and Please Please tell your son that Josh said "Thank you sir for your service and sacrifice"

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    If it helps your situation....THEY BLOW THE LIVING SNOT OUT OF A 1 GALLON MILKJUG TOO! Just trying to help ya know
    I can't believe you're shooting it already! Lol

Boolit Buddy
    just got home and mine was in the mailbox. looks awesome man thanks! im gonna try to pour some tonight.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Quote Originally Posted by 338RemUltraMag View Post
    Mike,
    So about that NEXT design???
    Joshua
    Don't worry, there's plenty of design ideas that have been waiting for a moldmaker. I think we'll be able to keep you as busy as you want to be.

Btw, the 2 cavity steel arrived today. I will send it back to you (unused of course) once my 4 cavity aluminum mold arrives.

Impressive work from what I can see with the Mk I eyeball.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Master

Josh,

I am glad we decided to let you take a shot at making a steel mold. Like I said earlier, your machining quality is top drawer!

I cast about 150 of the lovely projectiles. As I continued to cast, the mold started becoming "seasoned" and by the time I had cast about 25 pours, the mold was dropping bullets as freely as my best molds. No sticking or hang ups and it took onlu a light tap to let things fall. The dimensions are perfect. I checked, lubed, and sized about 100 of them and will be loading them yet today. If I get moving I may be able to shoot some thru the Rossi, the Ruger Carbine and my Model 29 Smith yet tonight.
    Gotta go...GREAT job!!!!!!!!

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master
    Yall hush, i havent made it home yet..... But you are giving me something to look forward to.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by .429 View Post
    I can't believe you're shooting it already! Lol

I only shot 25 just to be the first and because,,,, well because I could not help myself. I waterdropped my 50/50...obviously that is not gonna be a requirement from what I have seen so far. I just figured that shallow Ruger rifling might appreciate it......I obviously outthunk the issue if these immature castings are working as they do.......BONUS...I can likely soften my mix a bit....woohooooo. I have 20 more loaded and sitting in the truck just in case ol whistlepig needs a boolit on my travels. I just about bet if I take one in the throat I can about pop his noodle off....we shall see.

About the time my mould turned yellow she started to simply sing....just be sure to check the spruplate hold down screw before you start up the band, luckily I had a longer replacement in the ol box O" parts.

good castin,
    Mike

Yeah, I'm thinking I should make a trip to the hardware store b4 I even try to cast with it

Boolit Master
    Got mine today, what a good lookin mold! Nice machining Josh. Hope to get some casted for my 44 spl in the next couple weeks.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Master
    Living in California will make me the last recipient !

Unfair !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Banned

Banned

That is beautiful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    Unfair !

Jerry
    I do not approve of the use of foul language... dropping the "F" bomb..... LOL

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast