RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MiHec 308 Hunting Boolit 2 or 4 Cavity Brass Cramer Rerun

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago

MiHec 308 Hunting Boolit 2 or 4 Cavity Brass Cramer Rerun

MiHec 308 Hunting Boolit 2 or 4 Cavity Brass Cramer Rerun

This GB is Closed.......

This is the second run of a new boolit design. This will be a two or four cavity, single crimp groove, cramer brass GCHP mold that is suitable for the 30 caliber rifles. It will cast at 0.312". The weight was about 154 gr as a hollow point and 159 gr. as a solid. The nose design is similar to the 311440 and 30 silhouette molds of my design. In shooting the boolits from the first run, i've found this to be an excellent boolit in the 308 Win rifles. I'm shooting them at about 2,100 fps with extremely good accuracy and the killing power on varmints is DRT.

The following is the previous GB thread.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?150129-MiHec-308-Hunting-Boolit-2-or-4-Cavity-Brass-Cramer

Pin options include: 1) large round HP, 2) blank pin for solid

For the two cavity mold, the price is $90 with one set of HP pins included plus $8 for the extra blank (flat nose) pin set if wanted plus $15 shipping.

For the four cavity mold, the price is $120 with one set of HP pins included plus $16 for the extra blank (flat nose) pin set if wanted plus $20 shipping.

Edit: If the HP pins are not suitable for reversal to a solid, the blank pins come with the price of the mold. If you do not want the HP pin sticking out of the base of the mold, in the case of reversable pins, you can order a set of blank pins for a smooth mold bottom.

Sequence of events: Participants order molds and are placed on the list, the Group Buy will close (which will be posted on the thread) at some time determined by MiHec, the molds are made from the orders on the list at the time it is closed or by altering what you want via PM to MiHec after it's closed. Extra molds should be available... order them by PM to MiHec. Invoices will be sent out via e-mail from the listed addresses and you pay by using Paypal...... It is my understanding the invoice will be in Euros which Paypal converts from Euros to dollars. After you pay, the mold gets shipped.

Prices are somewhat variable due to the exchange rate.... be aware of this.

Please list: your Forum name, your e-mail address in suitable disguised form, the number of 2 or 4 cavity molds you want and the pin options you want.

Sign-Up List:
    1. dhain.....dhain at alyrin dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with large pins
    2. USAFrox.....jasonbrimley11 at gmail dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with large pins
    3. SMILELY 369.....brrccarnut at cox dot net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    4. Mbedwell1971.....MbedwellATtripleadelisDOTcom..... One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    5. Ironwood.....Ironwood of evergreen at yahoo dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    6. AZBrian.....sellsell(at)cox(d0t)net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    7. SP5315.....wmclark AT email DOT com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    8. WMB30.....WMB30 at att dot net.....One 2 cavity Cramer with blank pins
    9. SNEAKY NL.....dd flatliner at gmaildotcom.....Two 4 cavity Cramers with all pins
    10. Guardian.....spicket80 (at) hotmail (dot) com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    11. lodesj.....lodesj "at" gmail "dot" com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    12. Reload_em.....reload40s AT gmail DOT com.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    13. Viagrow.....brian_tnd at hotmail dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    14. Dirtdgger.....Dirtdgger3355 at yahoo dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    15. Jeff Michel.....bmsouderatymaildotcom.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    16. dmackenzie625.....darrin dot mackenzie at gmail dot com.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    17. OLPDon.....OLPDon at a o l dot com.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    18. Diegokid.....diegokid at bellsouth dot net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    19. BMKoenig.....Rommelbmk (at) comcast.net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    20. Shootist.....dennischeryl45ATsbcglobaldotnet .....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    21. dmackenzie625.....darrin dot mackenzie at gmail dot com.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    22. OLPDon.....OLPDon at a o l dot com.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    23. Diegokid.....diegokid at bellsouth dot net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    24. BMKoenig.....Rommelbmk (at) comcast.net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    25. jmortimer.....middleearthsalesandservice at gmail dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    26. gtgeorge.....gspatton(at)gttransmissions(dot)com.. ...One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    27. True.grit.....foster dot jess at gmail dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    28. Duffy.....grnmchn at msn DOT com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins and One set of handles
    29. Digger.....awhitesides at frontier dot com.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins
    30. sprinkintime.....rtan199atgmaildotcom.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    31. tygar.....tbrolliniAT gciDOTnet.....One 2 cavity Cramer with large pins
    32. tayous1.....nathancampbell79 at gmail .com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    33. Dubbel El.....laynel (at) bigfoot (dot) com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    34. harley45.....eric at whitetiger blog dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    35. trapper9260.....coydog 9260 at yahoo dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    36. 1dbbehr.....1dbbehr at cox dot net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    37. grunt4.....brianwhetsel at msn dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins and One set of handles
    38. tiger762.....kef762 AT yahoo dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with large HP pins
    39. Nueces.....mhkilgore...at...mac...decimal...com... ..One 2 cavity Cramer with large HP pins
    40. stuken3.....stuken34 at Yahoo dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    41. bdicki.....brucedotdickinsonatglvdotcom.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    42. Live2Ride.....Dan underscore harben at msn dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    43. kfarm.....kfarm0902atgmaildotcom.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    44. swisscast.....swisscast AT bluewin DOT ch.....One 4 cavity Cramer with large HP pins
    45. geoff rodger.....geoffreyrodger at Hotmail dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    46. mckenziedrums.....mckenziedrums at gmail dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    47. HikerLT.....HikerLT at alum dot wpi dot edu.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    48. alamogunr.....alamogunr AT charter DOT net.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    49. brody.....jimboone at cableone dot net.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    50. CHD.....codyhuck at G mail dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    51. castblast.....sthwld64atgmaildotcom.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    52. Brucifer.....bsracer85 at yahoo dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    53. spruce53.....billcor53 at yahoo dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    54. Forrest r.....forresth at twc dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    55. kens.....kschott at coastalnow dot net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    56. milsurpcollector1970.....sean.baumer at att dot net.....One 4 cavity Cramer with large HP pins
    57. Hcmachine.....rangr02 at hotmail dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    58. WARD O.....ward dot olson at yahoo dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    59. dreadpiraterobberts.....rifreediver-at-yahoo dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with large pins
    60. tigerbight.....tigerbight at live dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    61. shaggybull.....shaggybull at yahoo dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    62. kayak1.....jason(at)kates(d0t)org.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    63. SSGOldfart.....thboutdoors@aoldot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    64. BiggHoss74.....Bri2906 at aol dot com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins And two sets of handles
    65. pps.....ericwverheul (a*t) HOTmail DOT com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    66. woody13.....mlwoodall13(at)hot mail . Com.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    67. mick27.....mjsharps at yahoo dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    68. alha.....snowserver (at) hotmaildotcom.....One 4 cavity Cramer with all pins
    69. Lonegun1894.....Lonegun1894 at yahoo dot com.....One 2 cavity Cramer with all pins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MiHec 308 Hunting Boolit pic.jpg  
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 10-14-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Boolit Bub
    dhain
    dhain at alyrin dot com
    2-cavity HP pins

I'm in

2 cavity, both pins

John(dot)tucker78(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Last edited by Jupiter7; 02-08-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Boolit Mold
    I'll take a 4 cavity with both pins brrccarnut at cox dot net

Boolit Buddy
    4 cav,hp pin
    signupv2 at gmail dot com

might be right in time for hunting season

Boolit Bub
    2 cavity hp please.
    Ironwood of evergreen at yahoo dot com

Excellent!

I'll take a 4 cavity with all pin options.

sellsell(at)cox(d0t)net

Thank you!

Boolit Buddy
    I was in on the last group buy, and I back for another. Put me in for a four cavity with all pins this time please.
    This has been a great little boolit in all my 30-30's and two out of three of my .308's.

wmclark AT email DOT com

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of these from the first run, and am very happy with it.
    Thank you for this design, and running it, and thanks to MP for making it.

Do you think it would be feasible to use this same cherry to
    cut this design a little bit larger at .323 for the .32 Winchester Special?
    It could use the same pin set, the only issue might be the size of the gas check shank.

If you think it would work ballistically, could you ask Miha if he would consider
    cutting some at that diameter as part of this run?

It would be a great boolit for a fine cartridge that does not currently have a wide selection
    of designs available for it, and I would buy one, or two, in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    I have one of these from the first run, and am very happy with it.
    Thank you for this design, and running it, and thanks to MP for making it.

Do you think it would be feasible to use this same cherry to
    cut this design a little bit larger at .323 for the .32 Winchester Special?
    It could use the same pin set, the only issue might be the size of the gas check shank.

If you think it would work ballistically, could you ask Miha if he would consider
    cutting some at that diameter as part of this run?

It would be a great boolit for a fine cartridge that does not currently have a wide selection
    of designs available for it, and I would buy one, or two, in a heartbeat.
    Not all orbiting up works, especially with GC shanks. The as cast is about 0.312" vs a 0.323" for a 32 gives a 0.011" difference in diameters (not withstanding the two major 32 Special diameters of 0.319" & 0.322"). Gas check shank maximum diameters are 0.287" for the 30 and 0.304" for the 32.... the difference there is 0.017"..... So, that doesn't work too well (with a 0.006" undersize shank) and we haven't checked the throat diameters yet either to see if they fit at all. If some of you want this enough, you need to send me lead impact throat slugs of Marlin and Winchester and I will try to fit them correctly. Sorry this doesn't work out as this would have been a nice addition.............

Boolit Man
    One 2 cavity mold with blank pins

WMB30 at att dot net

Would this bullet perform well in a 300 blackout AR?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoss74 View Post
    I hope it will, but as far as I know no one has tried it. I especially want an upper myself and this is the candidate for it. It should about get to 2,000 fps in one and be VERY effective. This boolit has been tried in about 4 .308 AR 10's and they have fed in them from the magazine. Another guys AR 10 did not feed them nor some other things it should have though.

Boolit Mold
    Two molds, 4 cavity, all pins

dd flatliner at gmaildotcom

Thanks Dave

May Liberty Increase!
    Put me in this one for a 2 cav with both pin sets.

spicket80 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoss74 View Post
    it works very well in my Novoske 300 Blackout
    I run it 98/2 powdercoated and sized .311 at 1583 FPS and had a complete pass thru on a 174 LB deer at 67 yds .. averages less than 1/2" at 50 yds
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Mold
    Please put me down for one 4 cavity cramer, .312, with all pins. thank you. lodesj "at" gmail "dot" com

Boolit Mold
    Yes please!!

Reload_em....reload40s AT gmail DOT com.....One 2 cavity cramer with all pins

Thank you Miha!

Can't get enough of those golden molds!!

Boolit Bub
    Please put me down for one 4 cavity mold with all pins...

brian_tnd at hotmail dot com

Put me down for one four cavity mold with all pins.
    Dirtdgger3355 at yahoo dot com

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast