Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star on EBay, crazy prices!

Star on EBay, crazy prices!

In the last week, there have been 2 Star lubersizers on EBay, BOTH have sold for more (in one case way more) then current retail!!! Neither of them were cherry had extra goodies or even particularly clean.

Are the buyers that lazy, or, what-the-heck??

I'm just a dumb 'ole boy. I don't know a whole lot about business or such. I pay a guy to do my taxes.

But I DO KNOW THIS: you don't pay retail + for a used, rusted item when you can have a NIB Unit shipped from the maker!

I put fair bids on both those 2 units. I let the suckers buy them. I called Magna this morning. A NIB Star (+ shovel handle and heater) will be shipped to me on Monday.

I sent a message to Lathesmith listing all the dies, punches & setscrew-type nuts I need.

I guess my RCBS lubersizer w/ Lyman heater (+ a flock of sizing chambers and top punches) will go on the classifieds here once the Star is up & running.
    Last edited by enfieldphile; 02-07-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Tell me about it ! I was watching them too, trying to get a second unit, but not at those prices, may order 2 from Magma and see what I can get on E-bay for the extra

Moderator Emeritus

Is Magma all caught up, so there is no wait to buy a Star ?
    Last I heard there was a several week wait.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldphile View Post
    In the last week, there have been 2 Star lubersizers on EBay, BOTH have sold for more (in one case way more) then current retail!!! Neither of them were cherry had extra goodies or even particularly clean. Are they that lazy, or, what-the-heck??

I'm just a dumb 'ole boy. I don't know a whole lot about business or such. I pay a guy to do my taxes. But I DO KNOW THIS: you don't pay retail + for a used, rusted item when you can have a NIB Unit shipped from the maker!

I put fair bids on both those 2 units. I let the suckers buy them. I called Magna this morning. A NIB Star (+ shovel handle and heater) will be shipped to me on Monday.

I sent a message to Lathesmith listing all the dies, punches & nuts I need.

I guess my RCBS lubersizer w/ Lyman heater (+ a flock of sizing chambers and top punches) will go on the classifieds here once the Star is up & running.
    I see this with reloading equipment all the time. I think people get into bidding wars and don't want to be outbid. Great if you are the seller!!
    Why else would you pay more for used than new?

ffries61, I know right? This is current-production equipment. There is zero reason to pay retail + !

Jon, The fellow who took my order said it will ship on Monday, so they must have caught up. I guess the guys buying used tools on EBay for retail + must have allowed Magna to get caught up on production.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Is Magma all caught up, so there is no wait to buy a Star ?
    Last I heard there was a several week wait.

Boolit Master
    Tht's not a crazy as the ebay bozo who has been trying to sell an M die, for $142.00, since September last year. Hasn't accepted any offers either and he has had quite a few.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Grand Master

Magma's wait time was never that long to begin w/. I would just wait it out if I had to. But some people want everything right away. And that means you pay a premium.

Boolit Master
    Most of the bidders there are nucking futs........ But then again, not too long ago there was a Star lubesizer that sold "buy it now" for $50.....

Dan

Boolit Buddy
    I stopped bidding at $100 on both units. Barely lasted a few minutes at that price. LoL

things like this is why I do not go on e-bay those people are stupid if they think I will pay the prices they want. I know it is all about making money but paying more than new stuff cost . just not my cup of tea D Crockett

Wow! Just checked the prices on the Magma website! $325 just for the unit itself? I'll stick to tumble lubing till I win the loto...

Boolit Master

Someone has been trying to sell an RCBS JR3 for $100 at the local gun shows. I see it on his table every time I go to one. He also has a used Forster trimmer with no accessories at new retail pricing. Yes, the pricing is nuts.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alan in Vermont View Post
    Tht's not a crazy as the ebay bozo who has been trying to sell an M die, for $142.00, since September last year. Hasn't accepted any offers either and he has had quite a few.
    Yep, I submitted a bid of approximately the same as ordering online... declined.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    enfield,
    What are you thinking on price for the RCBS unit?

Quote Originally Posted by MTtimberline View Post
    enfield,
    What are you thinking on price for the RCBS unit?
    I have to count what sizes and # of dies and Top Punch's I have before I can even come up w/ a price.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TMenezes View Post
    Wow! Just checked the prices on the Magma website! $325 just for the unit itself? I'll stick to tumble lubing till I win the loto...
    Once you have used a Star you won't go back to TL, IMHO. I am a cheap skate but the Star is worth it.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

Just powder coat your cast boolits, get rid of that nasty lube

Quote Originally Posted by 220swiftfn View Post
    Most of the bidders there are nucking futs........ But then again, not too long ago there was a Star lubesizer that sold "buy it now" for $50.....

Dan

That was me that scored this.. it was great!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydster View Post
    Just powder coat your cast boolits, get rid of that nasty lube
    ^^^^^^this

Boolit Master

" A fool and his money are soon parted"
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast