Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: 8x52.8R rifle

Boolit Master

8x52.8R rifle

I just finished up a 1898 Springfield, converted to a single shot and chambered for a shortened version of the 32-40, therefore the wildcat name. I used a 8mm Remington Mag takeoff barrel (gifted to me by Dutch4122's dad) and formed the brass from 30-30 brass that is trimmed to 2.079" (52.8 mm). I made a scope mount to hold a old Weaver K-8 over the centerline of the barrel. 357maximum gifted me the stock which was not inlet and was stained in the rear 1 1/2" of the butt from sitting on a cement garage floor.. The Krag action had been modded by someone prior to me getting it so I made into a single shot, including inserting a ring into the bolt face to fit the smaller rim of the 30-30 brass.
    When it warms up to freezing for a few days and I can dig a path to the shooting bench, I'll target some rounds from it.

Edd
    Last edited by badgeredd; 02-05-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Banned
    Looks nice Edd...WOW......you sure did that bi-polar stock some justice (it was Fugly folks)......still think you should have named it "32-40 Kinda"

Boolit Master
    I've got a 1888 commission rifle receiver and enough parts to make a complete action and will re barrel with a swedish small ring mauser bbl. But your project looks way more interesting. I've been on the lookout for a cartridge that takes 375 dia bullets in a resized 303 british case. And yes at one time they did make such a critter. 375 rimmed. So having a chopped up jungle carbine receiver and a douglas 375 1x12 twist blank and some 303 wood and viola!!. Hopefully will get er done before spring. Frank

Boolit Buddy

That came out really cool, Edd!!!
    I'll sure be glad when we get above freezing too, hoping for this week.

Randy

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Wonder if he ever shot it,,,,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

I think we all did, it's pretty sweet!

Do I see a muzzle brake? Great little project rifle and "a coat of many colours" if you will
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12