Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: 40S&W to .452 250gnRNFP with Corbin dies

Boolit Buddy

40S&W to .452 250gnRNFP with Corbin dies

Lately I have been thinking about something easier on the wallet than Powerbelts to practice with the muzzleloader, and possibly the 45LC. So this last week I began by annealing a few cases, 900*f for 20 minutes followed with a quench in water with lemishine. Then I proceded to get out the case trimmer and cut them down to .750", if this works I will be getting some kind of cut off saw and build a jig. Trimmed cases weighed in the neighborhood of 63gn., so I swaged some pure lead cores at 187gn.

Seating the cores expanded the cases where the lead filled them, leaving a slight "ring" around the mouth of the case, not a problem as the point forming die turned that in in the next step. I only brought the lead up to the mouth of the jacket as I wanted a rather large meplat for this application.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40-.452 250gn 001a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	95652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40-.452 250gn 002a.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	95654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40-.452 250gn 004a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	95655

Because of the amount of snow covering my range at the moment, I will be sending them to Bullshop Jr for a bit of testing, he needs something to do while the hole in his foot heals.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    Ben Franklin

Boolit Master

Were these done with standard Corbin dies? For jackets?
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy

Dave Corbin's type H dies, I bought the set back in the early 1980's. J4 jackets are getting scarce in the pistol calibers and I wanted something for the muzzleloaders, as well as my Blackhawk and 94.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    Ben Franklin