Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First 22 Ammo I have seen at Walmart

Boolit Master

By my very rough math, if everyone in the USA would buy 100 rounds per YEAR for each .22 they own, that equals the total annual production of .22 ammo. It doesn't take too many people buying 1000 rounds per week to start disrupting things.

I stocked up after the Clinton administration tried their attempt at a strangle hold on ammunition. Wont have to buy it again. Thanks to Slick Willy, I knew what to expect this go-round.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
    I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening. I saw a sticker for 525 rounds of .22LR for $21.72, IIRC. Of course, they didn't actually *have* any, but at least they reserved a spot on their shelf for when they do. I'm not desperate enough to pay that much for .22LR though.
    21.72 = not much higher than my local WM had them for before this last rue ha-ha . I seen some of the same 550 boxes at 47.00 in a local gun shop, to me that's to much price gouging.

Boolit Buddy
    I was at a local pawn shop-gun shop today and I saw the first 22lr ammo in months. cci-sv in 100rd clear boxes. 22.75 a box. I laughed and walked on. I to stocked up when slick willie was the boss at 8.99 a brick. I bought 2000 rds of wolf and sk about 6 mo ago at 100.00 a thousand. Now I dont feel so bad paying 5.00 a box for target ammo. I dont shoot much at paper so what Ive got should carry me the rest of my life. Rick!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jeo22 View Post
    21.72 = not much higher than my local WM had them for before this last rue ha-ha . I seen some of the same 550 boxes at 47.00 in a local gun shop, to me that's to much price gouging.
    Last time I bought, they were around $7-8 per 500-round brick. Wal-Mart and K-Mart frequently had sales on bricks to try to get people to buy them and their was tons of it on the shelves. I just don't need to shoot my .22 firearms so bad that I'm willing to pay nearly $22 per brick, much less what some of these scalper are trying to charge.

I just wish that I had bought a couple hundred bricks back when they were at $7-8 per brick.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Grand Master
    QUOTE=Art in Colorado;2615012]Was in Casper Wyoming last week. Went to Walmart around 8 AM on Tuesday and they had Winchester Super X in the 333 round boxes for $17 and change. Only 3 boxes per customer.
    I did not need it but I bought the 3 anyway. Have friends I can gift to. Asked how oftem it was comming in and was told weekly and some times several days in a row.

Good news.

Art[/QUOTE]

And they will no doubt apprciate it. Can I be your friend too?? [

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    Local Wal-mart had 550 bulk Fed 36 gr for $23.97 this morning got one, figured I'd leave some for the next guy. Decided I better get two more for a friend who puts on appleseed matches(they canceled the last one because no one could get .22 to participate) and they sold out in the time I got back from the other side of the store, snooze you lose

Banned
    southern California and sometimes Honolulu, hawaii
    Still no 22 ammo what so ever at my local walmart here in southern cal. as of this afternoon. however, all other calibers are starting to come in. I see more every several days. Jay

And thanks to the Governor we can't mail order it to our house, have not been able to buy rimfire in over a year. All of the WM's within driving distance have big signs up saying "No 22's". I asked my LGS what is the chance of getting rimfire and he laughed.

Been looking for 22 LR since last December. Lucked out twice recently finding 100 ct CCI Mini Mags at Walmart and stocked up.

Boolit Buddy
    Was at the local wallyworld today and saw a line in sporting goods They had one case of Federal 550 boxes for 23.97 and only one to a customer. I managed to get the next to the last one. Clerk said they get them regularly, but only sell them @ 7:00 am on RANDOM mornings.

I'm not 'plinking' with my .22's these days, not at those prices. But it seems to be the new 'normal' for .22's. I stocked up (or thought I did) back when the Federal bulk in 550 round brick was plentiful at WM for $8.88 a brick. I have enough to last me for my intent and purpose for my .22's for as long as I use them for hunting and the occasional 50-100 rds of staying in practice.

I see a big boon in .22 rifles & handguns *FOR SALE* on the horizon. One of the LGS's I visit told me a couple of months back it had been 6 months since he'd sold a .22 anything. Hummm, I'm betting he and other shops who buy used guns won't be paying much for them when they do buy one. Can't say as I blame them either. What good is a Cadillac if gas is $14.00 a gallon and gas is hard to find?

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I hardly even bother to look anymore. But I'm still sitting on a good supply. If I stumble across some I'd buy it though.

The damned scalpers just infuriate me. Hoarding it for your own use is one thing, but deliberately beating out everyone else just for profit is wrong, IMO. Buying wholesale and selling retal is capitalism, but buying retail and tripling the price is just screwing innocent people.

In Remembrance

The only 22 ammo I've found in Wally world was a box of 22 shot loads. I left them for some on else.