RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 22 Ammo I have seen at Walmart

Boolit Buddy

First 22 Ammo I have seen at Walmart

Was in Casper Wyoming last week. Went to Walmart around 8 AM on Tuesday and they had Winchester Super X in the 333 round boxes for $17 and change. Only 3 boxes per customer.
    I did not need it but I bought the 3 anyway. Have friends I can gift to. Asked how oftem it was comming in and was told weekly and some times several days in a row.

Good news.

Art

Perma-Banned

i got three the other day too from walmart. they said it was the first they have had in two months.

Boolit Buddy
    A friend of mine was at a local gun store today and he said that they had a 525 round brick for $24. Still more than I'm willing to spend to shoot a .22 though. I think he bought a couple of bricks though since he doesn't reload and that is cheaper than he could buy any other ammo for.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

In Remembrance

I picked up 2 of the 333 round boxes at Walmart yesterday and was told they get it in several times a week. They had 2 cases of the Winchester, 2 of CCI Minimag HP and two of the Minimag solid. Alsdo 2 cases of Stingers. Things are starting to look up around here.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master

No joy in this area. There are several walmarts within a 30 min. drive. I haven't seen so much as a 50 rd. box of .22 rimfire ammo for sale at any of them for many months. Go to church with a guy that works in the sporting goods area at the store closest to the house. Says same group of guys there every time. It's all sold in short order.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Buddy

The Walmart here gets in 22 ammo several times a week. The same people line up 3 hours ahead of time and buy it all every time! Then they resell it online.
    Will Fly For Boolits

Boolit Master
    Happened in there Monday to get a few things, and they had 50rd boxes of Remington Subsonic on the shelf, more than a few people waiting to buy their quota. It wasnt the usual day so still had some in the middle of the afternoon.

I was told Wed or Thurs is when ammo comes in. I know be there early if you want any. Been in a couple times before and everything was already sold. Today they had 1 case of the Winchester 333 round packs. I bought my quota of 3 for $17 ea.

I think the ammo reselling thing has sort of run its course. Yea there was a time when a brick of 22lr would sell in a moment for $70 or more. But last gunshow I saw lots of over priced 22lr for sale, but nobody was buying. It was priced double the usual price of $24/500, but off the triple price highs. Still no takers.

Talked to the guy at the LGS, he went to some sort of dealers thing recently, and was told the 22lr situation is not going to get better any time soon. Theres such a huge backlog of orders it will take a long time to clear it. He was told you need your name on the back order list to have any hope of getting any.

Makes you wonder if maybe some sort of reset is needed, just cancel all back orders and start over. Maybe clear out the log jam.

Boolit Buddy
    I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening. I saw a sticker for 525 rounds of .22LR for $21.72, IIRC. Of course, they didn't actually *have* any, but at least they reserved a spot on their shelf for when they do. I'm not desperate enough to pay that much for .22LR though.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master
    Same here in NE Ohio. Show up early, buy the limit. I chanced upon it a while back, and watched the hoarders chowing down.
    Comes the day when this implodes, please remember to stick the hoarders up their A**.
    And if it ever really hits the fan, I'd like to see how the hoarders stand up to a .38Spl or .40S+W or 45ACP when it gets ugly.
    I think we are dealing with Demoyuppies who don't know their A** from a hole in the ground, and can't afford or know any better............................................
    Been paddlin' upstream all my life, don't see no reason to turn around now.

All you southern folk are extremely lucky. I'm still yet to see anything up here inn 22rf. Been a couple years now.

In Remembrance
    It comes in here in fairbanks, but goes right back out just as fast. I happened to be in sportsmans tuesday, and they said some was coming in after lunch, but I didn't go back to see what they got in. I don't bother checking wallmart anymore, as their prices are higher when it does come in.

Boolit Master
    I was in our local WM earlier in the week picking up a script at the pharmacy. I wandered back to the gun counter and was talking to the man that is usually there. He said that our WM hasn't had any 22 come in in over a month. Our WM has to go through a (the only AFAIK) local distributor instead of direct buying from the mfg. like they do in the lower 48. Their other ammo was pretty sparce as well.

Boolit Master
    Saw a sign today in Wal mart saying they will be stocking ammo at random times and days now, so the same people cant camp out and get it all like they used to.

Boolit Grand Master

Until folks quit paying the ridiculous prices nothing will change. As long as folks keep stocking up "just in case", nothing will change.
    Hows that for Os Hope and Change?

Boolit Buddy

In the local Rural King yesterday, after having taxes done, to pick up a bag of salt to melt icy walk with and checked ammo shelf. Didn't see any 22, a lot of 223,45,5.56, 9mm etc. Actually had some 17 hmr for 12.99 box, think I was paying that much over 2 years ago. Limit of 6.

Boolit Buddy
    I got the Gander Mountain flyer on Saturday - they had several different brands on sale...'course that were "sold out" when I tried to buy, but at least they are advertising it.
    M

Boolit Mold
    At the Walmart that I go to they don`t even have a spot on the shelves listed for .22 anymore.

I can get 22lr ammo locally, any day of the week if I want to pay the price but I won't be shopping for it again in my lifetime. I've stopped plinking at paper with it and will be using it for small game exclusively.

Boolit Master
    I got lucky Friday 2/7 i had the day off work and was running some errands near gander I stopped in and they had 100 packs of cci mini mags , 7.99 i was out the door for 8.43 then I was at wallys later that evening for another errand figured well i will check , and they had 225 packs of rem golden bullets limit 3 boxes

Saturday i sold some of it at cost to a friend who has been looking for some time now.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 41MagGuy View Post
    At the Walmart that I go to they don`t even have a spot on the shelves listed for .22 anymore.
    at the store i went to they moved it under the counter with the pistol ammo you have to ask now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast