Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: RCBS customer service out fluecking awesome

Exclamation RCBS customer service out fluecking awesome

Sent a note to RCBS tech support late Saturday night. and waiting in my inbox this Sunday morning was a reply.

Even better, I asked about buying two lube plungers and O-rings for spares, and I clearly said that my new Lube-A-Matic 2 was working perfectly. They will be sent out this week. Then I can look into modifying a LAM2 for air pressure actuated lube feed. Someone on this forum advised a pistolero on modding his LAM2 (glockman1000? on Youtube) and the setup was simple.

With support like that, I feel I should buy another brand new LAM2.... Fluecking-A...

Last edited by ohland; 02-02-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Thumbs up

Did exactly what you did and got those same parts in yesterday's mail. A BIG thumbs up for RCBS' customer service/warranty! Btw, my return envelope was also marked Federal Cartridge Co., which I hope doesn't bode poorly for RCBS.

Boolit Master
    I returned a mold that i bought used.
    It was casting oit of round with fins, rcbs sent me a new one even after i told them i had bought it used. Way to go RCBS
    lab

Boolit Master
    I've only needed to call RCBS a couple times and I have nothing bad to say. Their customer service is top notch for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCBS 001.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	95405MOST of the time they deserve great reviews, I say most of the time because I sent them a LMA 1 that the H&I die and the retaining screw cap "bottomed out" with the retaining cap tight in the threads and .125+ " of the threads showing. They returned it saying it was in Specs.
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Tried to buy several replacement parts over the years and rcbs always sends them at no charge. Great customer service, great products.

HGS

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    I am very happy with RCBS customer service. I have had only one bad dealing with them. I bought a 30 cal bullet feeder for my press. Set the bullet feeder die up for 308, and wanted to purchase another bullet feeder die for 30-06. RCBS will not just sell the bullet feeder die, they will sell you a complete 30 cal bullet feeder with bullet seater die.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCBS 001.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	95405MOST of the time they deserve great reviews, I say most of the time because I sent them a LMA 1 that the H&I die and the retaining screw cap "bottomed out" with the retaining cap tight in the threads and .125+ " of the threads showing. They returned it saying it was in Specs.
    I had one that had the same problem and they sent me a brand new Lam II. I would continue to pursue this with them.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

In my book, RCBS has one of the best customer service reputations anywhere: it is absolutely stellar. On many occasions, I've called not to ask for parts, but to try buy parts. I have yet to buy a part for a RCBS product.

This includes the time I called to specifically BUY a new decapping rod for my 30-06 SB sizing die. Even after I explained that I ruined the rod through my own fault, the customer service rep sent me a new one free of charge, even shipping.

RCBS has supplied me with parts for my 35+ year old Lubri-Sizer, RC press and Uni-Flow powder measure, all at no cost, and all of these old reloading tools are still functioning like it was 1978 again.

For these reasons, I go out of my way to buy RCBS products - I know RCBS will stand behind them regardless of their age and regardless of whether you still have purchase receipts, etc, etc. In short, no questions asked.

RCBS has gotten my business the old fashioned way - they've earned it.
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

I love RCBS. I rairly buy new stuff, but when I do, I get RCBS. There lifetime or forever warrenty is awesome.

Boolit Master

I bought an AmmoMaster and a Piggyback II used. They were both missing about eight or nine small parts. Called RCBS and told the truth and they sent the parts. Wouldn't even let me pay shipping.

My bench is Green.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Yea, I was moving my reloading bench last weekend to do a little "remodeling work" in the room I had it. Wife was helping me and failed to remind me of the handle hanging off the side of the bench from my bench-mounted automatic primer. Caught the door frame and snapped that shoulder bolt in two. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the casting or the handle, so I got the remnants out of the casting and gave RCBS a call to explain what happened. Needless to say I have a new bolt on the way to get it up and running again. CANNOT say enough good about their customer service!

Exclamation Yes, the parts DID come in from RCBS

Just to close the loop, the parts came in from RCBS. Don't want folks wondering about that.

Boolit Master
    Yesterday I called RCBS to get a larger case expander for my 44 mag. & 45acp. My cases were swaging the dia of my bullets too small and in my 45 which I am just getting ready to start loading. I wanted to head off the prob. early.
    The service rep. found the expander quickly for the mag. But in looking for one for the acp, the only one they had was for the 45 colt in the cowboy dies. which was so long that it would increase the inside dia. all of the way to the case web.
    So we decided that the 44 expander was the only one I could use. The service rep. took all of my mailing information. An said thanks alot your package will be mailed. I stopped him an ask him if he had forgotten to get my CC information. He said no that it was on there dime. I kind of stammered no I didn't break anything I just wanted a new/larger one. The rep. chuckled an said yes I know all of that. Really this is the way it is.

Boolit Master

Yes, they are just a bit different than say Comcast or Verizon, aren't they? Like polar opposites!

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Quote Originally Posted by HGS View Post
    Tried to buy several replacement parts over the years and rcbs always sends them at no charge. Great customer service, great products.

HGS
    RCBS has the best customer service in the industry. Even when I've called to purchase parts that I readily admitted that I lost or ruined through my own fault, I have yet been allowed to purchase even the first one. This has happened many times.

All parts are provided and shipped free of charge.

For this reason, I go out of my way to by the Green. RCBS gets my business the old fashioned way - they earn it!
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't realize that their service was that good. this gives me much food for thought as there are a few items that I would like to purchase. Yes, very much food for thought. God Bless to all and theirs.
    Goofy aka Godfrey. P.S. thanks for the information.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

RCBS is seriously rocking in their customer service. No questions asked and very knowledgeable. Warranty is A+ I've had to deal with them a few times and it's always been good.