Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WW for $0.39 a pound good deal?

I wish I could just get some period. I called ~ 30 shops and only 2 would sell. both wanted over 70 bucks per bucket. My area is basically lead free.

Boolit Buddy

I ended up with 1100# of a mix of WW and some lead pipe and a few divers weights in the mix all for .35c a pound. My god do i have a lot of sorting to do. Seems i have about a 3% zinc ratio. Not bad so far.

Boolit Master

That was a really haul. I'm happy when I can get 100lbs, which I did yesterday. I may smelt it in a little while. Kinda cold, but, I'm tired of being stuck indoors. I've only got a couple shops that will sell me their weights. I get them from the one shop for .20c/lb. The other shops sell them to the salvage yd, and when I can get them, they are .50c/lb. So, my prices average out to yours! And you got a LOT more than me! Have fun!

Our scrap yard has WW for $.75 a pound. That is the same price they sell any lead for. I might save up and try out that idea of buying a lot and trading in non-lead for lead credit. Worth a try.

Boolit Master

Yes, that is a good price! I pay .35/lb and feel very fortunate considering its $1.00/lb in ingots and that is a good price.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Bub

I have two 42lb. MFR boxes of Zinc ready to ship to Shady Grady.
    send him a PM just after the new yr. to let him know it was coming, he sent me a PM back that he no longer was trading Zinc for lead, he was out of lead.....

There is one yard here that sells for .65-.75 per pound but will let you sort and they always have lead. They are the default source as sometimes we can get 5 gal. buckets for about $25-30 but they will have some zink and even more steel for that price. Dang, that is sad the Grady is out of lead to trade, did he say he would purchase the zink?

Boolit Bub

Here is his reply to me......

Quote Originally Posted by shadygrady - 01-13-2014 08:39 AM
    i do not have any more of the ww ingots but do have other items to trade i will allow you .50 cents a lb for the zinc i have tin/ babbitt/lino/mono/bees wax/hard wax/bp patch cloth/bp/boric acid/top punches/sizer dies/smokeless powder /black powder....

It cost about $17.00 to ship ea. box to him.he will allow you $.50 per pound or in my case $44.00
    that is $10.00 profit for me. I didn't ask him if he would pay the shipping to me if we made trade?
    I was really counting on that new lead.
    I wonder if anyone else is needing zinc.??

Anybody know what the zinc might be used for? Can you melt it and use to form other things?

Just finished WW into lead ingots last week. Have about 100lb after processing. WW I processed cost me $25 from the tire shop. Have some steel and zinc weights that I sorted out. Another tire store here takes the steel weights to reuse. So I will have the zinc left over.

Have been getting roof and plumbing lead for 60 cents a pound from the scrap yard.

zinc cannonballs
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Master

Is shadygrady still wanting zinc? I heard a while back he quit. I was saving some for him until I saw that in a post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12