Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: EBay Has Its Uses

EBay Has Its Uses

Alot of folks poo-poo EBay, mainly 'cuz of Pay-Pal's stance on paying for arms w/ Pay-Pal.

But, suppose you only need one, inexpensive item and don't want to order a bunch of stuff from Midsouth, Natchez, Midway etc?

Like this week, I needed a second riser for a Lee powder measure. I did a buy-it-now from an EBay vendor on Monday, it arrived today! A low price that included shipping to the Lower 48 States.

Barry, if you're following this thread: We know you think there's only 47 states, but there's actually 50!

In Remembrance
    I thought Barry claimed 57 states, I'm still looking for some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I thought Barry claimed 57 states, I'm still looking for some of them.
    The state Barry visits most is the State of Confusion!

When he and Moochie learned he won in '08, they told the DNC they would have to start house hunting in DC.

They were relieved & surprised when the DNC told them that had already been taken care of!

Boolit Grand Master

I just bought J type shell holder for the .32 S&W and an x type as well. Two different guys. Only needed that, so eBay is the best way, and about the only place to find the J type.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

E-bay is where I scored my Star sizer.. 68 bucks shipped! it was great!! one of those right places right time for buy it now!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...rst-Star-Luber

It does help the seller did not really know what it was

Boolit Buddy
    I sell many items on ebay. There are some things i do not like about them though. They take their percentage from the shipping you receive. But the venue is an easy one if you want to maximize the potential profits. That said.. i buy stuff in the summer..a little in the winter.. More people watching in cold times..higher prices. I wish they allowed empty brass on there again. I have 1000's of rounds..I live in Wyoming and buy many shooting items at yard sales and auctions. As well as estates from older shooters who have passed on.I bought 30 moulds 17 sets of dies and 30bs of powder 14000 primers as well as 88 lbs of cast sized lubed bullets..among many other items on Monday. 2 moulds were H&G 4 cavity moulds in the original shipping boxes from 1965. One was a new #258 41 Keith type mould from Sept 1965. That one I am going to keep..but the rest of sell-able stuff will go to fleabay. I have to pay for my habit...

Banned

good luck with ebay from here. I buy and sell, its like renting something then you do not like it, just resale. Heck, ya learned somthing and then bought what you need. I like free shipping. I just bought a hornaday die that no one had, but ebay @ about 7$ more. I called hornaday before i bid on it.

I hope that wasn't the .357 mag dies someone poached from me with 10 seconds left last night!

Boolit Buddy
    I agree, if enough people get together we can change the evil into good. Or use the evil for good. Whatever works. I too found gems on ebay.
    But like Superman's father said, use your power for good.
    And the Romans say, buyer beware!

Boolit Buddy
    I used to get some really good deals on ebay, but that is rare anymore. The items usually find their value now. I used to find some of the best deals with words spelled incorrectly in the title. Most of the sellers are trained professionals at what they do now.

Boolit Master
    Yes, eBay does have its uses. If you're a buyer, the key is patience, and know your prices. Determine what you're willing to pay, pay attention to shipping, and don't bid on the first thing you see. Take your time. Eventually, you'll get what you want for the price you want to pay. I once got a set of Pacific 7mm Magnum dies for $7, plus shipping. They were in fine shape. Eventually, I used them to sweeten up a trade.

In Remembrance
    I am not real big on ebay, and would much rather buy locally and have what I want in my hand instead of the mail, but yesterday I went to o'reillys for a part for my pickup. It was 740 some odd dollars (a real shocker). Ebay has the chinese version for 33 bucks, and the oem from cummins for 105, yea this time I wait for the mail. lol

Boolit Bub

They have one on there now for $217.50. it is really rusty, not as nice as yours.

Ebay is a very useful place to buy and sell reloading items. You could go to gunshows, flea markets and read the local newspaper for years and not find the quantity of items you can find on Ebay in one hour of looking. Old and odd items can be found there as well.

Folks who get their nose out of joint about some minor thing concerning Ebay are loosing out on a valuable market place of our tools and toys.

Like every other market place in the world, a buyer should know what he want and have a good idea of what it worth to him and not pay more. With patience what you want will come up at a reasonable price. Price will go up and down with the supply and demand. Currently the prices are climbing on some items due to demand, but there are still bargains to be found.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master

First thing about using ebay is knowing what you're bidding on. You gotta know what "normal" retail costs are and availability is. I see items over priced that are readily available at my normal vendors (Natchez, Graf, Midsouth, etc.), and sometimes I'll see items that aren't available elsewhere, or good prices and on shipping. But I have never had any questions on what I was buying from ebay or PayPal...
    Last edited by mdi; 02-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Mold
    yes he first claims that he visited 50 and has 2 more to go. then there was 52 with 2 more to go. he also said somthing about GA was in the gulf if i recall.

Boolit Mold
    i like ebay too, its good as long as you do your homework.

Boolit Master

I use eBay. I just bought a bunch of wheat pennies for my grandson to sort through. I was happy with the price...

E Bay definitely has its uses and benefits. It is a large market that is hard to duplicate.
    regards,

Boolit Master
    It's not so much as dealing with ebay as it is with "Pay Pal" (even though they are both the same company)! I got fed up with them and tried to quit to no avail. Finally I had to close my banking account that they were attached to like a dam leach.

If a company doesn't take checks or Visa anymore, I simply move onto those who do!

Another BIG stupidity is people keeping there money in banks that charge one a fee to keep their money, witch they make money on in the first place. People that pay those fees are very ignorant people.