WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I get the bling in my Boolits?

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks also if I was going to make them they were going to be able to shoot! Not into making a novelty item just for show the officer is Native American and I thought placing (I'm non native but work on a reservation.) his peoples culture in these boolits would make it special as for the HP I was going to add Sage and Tobacco and seal it off with wax or something like that as his people feel these plants help protect them from the living and what is in the past life and has come back!

I would also be making a few of these boolites for myself just to show off! I have one other officer who was a true blue FMJ for his 1911 fan start come and asking me about lead after he shoot some of my Lee 230gr RN 452. He saw how he could shoot more for less and is starting to think of reloading not to the point of boolites maybe if I get him to reload I will push him to boolites! His hobby is to buy a stock 1911 and upgrade it to make it from a $500 pistol to a $2,500 he has been loving the boolite rounds I have given to him from a Lee 230gr six banger! Some of my first Boolits he tells me work 100% and are accurate tell him the price per round and I can see him thinking! As he spends $25 to$35 a box for Federal ONLY FMJ so him using my Boolits in his $2,500 pistol was a shock to me and when he came back asking for more!

WOW way off topic but I do have a small amount of people near me who might like a Boolite that is pretty as my local VFW awards vets(Yes combat vet here) with old 1911 and M1 in a case but to have a nice looking Boolite in the case with the rifle or pistol would just make it look so much better and that I would do for nothing as my Heroes growing up WWI, WWII, Korea and Nam vets are more then well worth the time and cost to me! Not going to go anymore into that as I know how they feel about the "Heroes"being placed on them! Heroes we are not the true Heroes are the ones who did not make it back home to see there family and loved ones!!

I'm not a Hero "I'm just the lucky SOB who made it back alive!The Real Heroes of the so called Heroes did not!" My guess is 100% of combat vets agree with this!

Ok, forget the paint! Perhaps careful buffing with a soft wheel in a Dremel-type tool might bring up the shine? (I've never tried it, as I've never had a need for polished lead). Whatever you do, though, I reckon they'll need clear-coating otherwise they'll eventually tarnish/oxidise.

Yep, a nice round (or two) would look nice as part of a boxed presentation set.

Noticed this post and I realize it's a 4 months old but I had a idea about your bullet bling if you have not finished yet. How about nickel cases and then have your boolits chromed at a chrome shop . Lots of store bought ammo uses copper plated lead so why not chrome them? Part of the chroming process is dipping the metal into copper then coating with the bright shiny stuff.

Boolit Grand Master

Several years back Jack Lewis and that "interesting" bunch at Gun World Magazine tried to recreate the Lone Ranger's silver boolit's and shoot them. It was quite a chore to get the silver melted and cast into a 45 cal. boolit for loading into a 45 Colt. They managed to do it, load a few but the boolits were very inaccurate and didn't even look pretty. The consensus was it wasn't worth the trouble. Search Gun world Magazine- cast silver bullet and some info will come up.
    Be better off turning them on a lathe , at least they would look good.
    Gary

Boolit Master
    Pure lead... No polishing !

BUT they oxidize quickly!

Well I looked it up....and these have 2% tin added.
    Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    Pure lead... No polishing !

BUT they oxidize quickly!
    Clear lacquer.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

or you could buy him some of the real thing... that is if you like him that much

http://silverbulletbullion.com/

Doc

Boolit Buddy
    these are straight SOWW nothing added
    right out of the mold
    cant get better than that
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tlscwcoww.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	108400

Boolit Master

Go to 'coatings and alternatives' I've seen posts there that some have used 'chrome' powder paint that works good. Pretty sure you could pick up 50 real cheap.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12