RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brass you won't reload?

Yes they are definitely different. You could not get a SPP in the 38spl cases I have without swagging the pocket. Tough enough as it is after swagging. Sounds like the same is true in the US. Good brass though.

Take care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

My advice would be to do your own testing and make your own determinations. Not to say that I don't agree with much (most, actually) of what's been posted, but I've been surprised myself be defying 'conventional wisdom'. My particular experience was with Armscor .223 brass. The masses will tell you it's junk, so of course I happened across several thousand rounds of it, and REALLY didn't want it to be junk. So I got to testing. I don't have the results handy, but it proved (by way of case capacity SD, # of loads before failure, and target testing) to be pretty darn comparable to some of the coveted brass we all seek. YMMV...but I learned something.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is some great info here. I recently bought a 550B so I'm sure I will have need of this knowledge once I stock pile more brass. As of now, I have always used a Lee Universal de-priming die, because it doesn't size any brass you can fly through all your decapping work and then I would hand prime my brass even if it was hundreds of rounds. I did this so I would never run into a damaged sizing die and have my reloading come to a stop while I ordered the broken parts. Which I had happen once and that was enough.. By doing my prep as I have it listed up top I have found very little brass I couldn't use over the last 30+years. However I wasn't reloading on a production scale. BUT After reading all the replies I'm thinking I'll just buy a K rounds of good brass and of course keep any range brass that falls under that head stamp once I get rolling on the Dillon...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345