Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lead bullets illegal in California now?

Boolit Master

We have no FOID card. We do have a Handgun safety card, which I just renewed. To purchase a handgun we have to take a very easy 25 question test, and then we are allowed to buy any handgun that is legal in the state. No guns are listed on the card. I just looked and it expires in a year, coulda sworn the last on was for longer than that, musta changed. I bought a pair of matching Kimber 45 autos in Stainless. I plan on having them engraved when my kids earn their Blackbelts, commemorating the occasion. I will do the same if my son makes it to Eagle Scout, just haven't decided what firearm it will be yet. Probably some nice .357.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    Hi Wolf,

We've talked about those numbers at length on California forums. KY is cherrypicked data, because KY requires a background check EVERY MONTH for every CCW holder. That greatly magnifies the NICS checks. Second, there is no data on the number of guns purchased per check. In CA, we have a 10 day wait period on all firearms purchases. That may incentivize multiple firearms per NICS check.

You may not be aware, but we recently won a 9th circuit case involving concealed carry which will, for all intents and purposes, (though I'm not 100% sure if the semantics are accurate) will turn CA into a shall issue state. If you assume our legislature enacts a silly law demanding a monthly background check for a CCW holder (and given precedent in KY, it's not unreasonable to assume we'll have it in our laws soon enough) then you'll see our own NICS data spike up to your level. Pretty quickly, actually.

I corrected the reality of your statement. What we need is as many real conservatives moving TO California to swing the numbers.
    I was aware of the recent decision by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court to restore a portion of the 2nd amendment to the Bill of Rights, which the majority of the State's sheriffs have chosen to deny the citizens for such a very long time.
    I am not, however, counting my chickens before they've hatched. With every libtard California politician and law enforcement muckity muck scheming to sabotage the court's ruling and the Constitution itself, we'll have to wait and see if the 2nd amendment will actually be restored in California. We'll also have to wait and see what kind of obstacles and fees the State will use to discourage citizens from exercising their natural and Constitutional rights.

I thank you for schooling me on Kentucky's policy regarding monthly NICS checks. That's almost as amazing as California's ongoing efforts to deprive honest taxpaying citizens of their natural and Constitutional rights.

One more thing, if you are going to make changes to my words without first consulting with me, you might extend me the simple courtesy of removing my name (screen name) from the quote, as it is then no longer my quote.

smokeywolf
    Last edited by smokeywolf; 07-09-2014 at 01:14 AM.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Years ago, I had a chance to take a job in California and turned it down. THANK GOD, I did! Every time I hear a story like this, the same phrase keeps going through my head:

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Flash
    You Gotta Die Of Something........It May As Well Be Something That You Like!

Lovin' the Harley Idle: potato........potato...........potato

Boolit Mold
    So I asked one of those bird experts why vultures (including condors) aren't made sick by eating proud meat. He said that the birds digest the rotten meat before it can get to them. Okay, sounds logical to me. But I don't think either a vulture or condor would be a popular Thanksgiving bird.

Interesting, information. Did they ever check lead blood levels of the residents around the Doe run facility?
    Carrying heat in dry heat.
    God bless SB1070

Boolit Master

Of course not. Your data is irrelevant. If you had it. There is no room in this agenda for analytical root cause analysis. To suggest so is uesless.

Boolit Master
    Condors have also died from drinking spilled automotive antifreeze but no one saw fit to ban that.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    Actually they taste a lot like buzzard.
    Buzzard or vulture? They are not the same.

Boolit Master
    My grandfather told me he ate a vulture during the depression. Also said he ate a skunk once. Hunger can make a person do things he otherwise would have thought impossible.

Banned
    I draw the line at beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I draw the line at beaver.
    beaver is really good also to eat save all the ones I get to eat.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    . I just won't believe this state is serious about saving condors until they leave beached whales on the shore for the condors to eat. To date when it has been a contest between Barbara Strizand and condors, Barbara has won.
    They need to start leaving Barbara Streisand beached on the shore for the condors.

Roger; If you had taken that job in CA you'd probably have enough money to Retire in Taxas by now.

Condors are a type of Vulture.. Lived here near the original Condor Santuary behind Fillmore for my entire life minus 6 years and I have seen exactly one Condor. I saw it in 1973.

It landed on the center conductor of an Edison 220 KV Line and when it spread it's wings it became the new Phase to Phase conductor and essentially exploded. We were all really stoned and all that anyone could say was FWow!

The reason why we have this Lead Krap is because the Audubon Society has one of it's principals installed as the F&G commissioner. They are very well organized and well funded. It has nothing to do with Condors and everybody knows it, and these people are directly aligned with the Insane Leftist Gun Control Nutcases so they work together.

I doubt any of them could have come up with "Condors with Lead Poisoning" on their own.

If the rest of us were that well organized and well funded,,, it wouldn't be like this!

Something to think about?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    beaver is really good also to eat save all the ones I get to eat.
    I like beaver. Tastes kinda salty...

Boolit Master

man, I am really struggling here to tell if you guys are serious or innuendo.

White Rabbit: are you talking about Beavers or Boolits?

Pretty much all types of Beavers are good to eat.

Pretty much all types of Boolits are NOT!

I hope this clears it up for you?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I'm waiting for someone to bring up eating cats some how...
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    460, next time you are in Mexico, try some street vendor tamales.There is a reason there are stray dogs in Mexico, but no stray cats.
    drinks, NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO, CBA, Def-Con.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    White Rabbit: are you talking about Beavers or Boolits?

Pretty much all types of Beavers are good to eat.

Pretty much all types of Boolits are NOT!

I hope this clears it up for you?

Randy
    Just tried some Beaver and your right they do taste good. The younger ones seem fresher and tastier than the older ones. Yes, a tad bit salty.

Ya just gotta love this state and the idiots in their capitol!!!
    Just Another Voice in the Crowd!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast