Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Lathesmith's dies

Lathesmith's dies

I know this isn't the straight shooter section, but I wanted to let those of you that don't have his dies, or top punches, to give them a try. I received several today and they are simply works of art. I only ran one so far, but I'm sure the others are just as perfect.

Thanks again Chris
    do unto others................

Banned
    I have a bunch of his STAR dies.....he does GREAT work......very happy to have him kicking about. Hunting for elusive dies or waiting on big corp would just plain suckabunch.

I just received a .359 die from Chris today. I think that is my 7th or 8th one from him. I ordered it specific for one boolit last week. Turn around time was great and the die was perfect as usual. I'll keep buying from him.

He made me a .4015 for my newly acquired Star.......and get this....it sizes to .4015! lol. Fast turn around time for custom dies too. Very happy.
    do unto others................

Boolit Grand Master

I kinda wish I could buy more Star dies from Chris. I have a couple but by the time he started making them I already had 30+ Star dies in various calibers. If a new to me caliber should show up around here he's the man.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Chris makes great dies! I have a dozen from him and expect to order more from him soon!

Boolit Buddy
    Do most of you take measurments of your bullet lube grooves, or do you send him a bullet?
    My first order with Lathsmith will be for my 6 cavity Lee .358-150 Round Nose.
    Plan on Manually feeding the Star Nose Down.
    We will be shooting the Bullets in my 686-5, and a GP100. We shoot ICORE, Defensive Pistol, and Reactive Steel Challenge.

Any recomendations on what to order Exactly.

Bob

Boolit Buddy

I have sent Chris bullet samples in the past. I have also measured from center to center.

I sent him the dimensions for the 50BMG boolit and he made it with four sets of holes to get all the lube in. It works great. Each die has a matching punch with his set-screwed locknut on it. It makes switching dies soooo easy. Chris does superlative work.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant

Boolit Master
    Be very careful....They have a way of multiplying!. Great product from a great guy!
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Boolit Master

I spent more money with Lathsmith after I bought my Star then the cost of luber. I dropped about $330 in one day alone. Pricy.....not really and these are the best dies out there. I use pencil sized pieces of Rose stems for adjustment jigs.

Once I set up my dies and correct punch depth I cut and grind a dried Rose stem to match the depth of the punch that I know produces a perfectly lubricated and sized boolit thru my luber. Then with a sharpie I make the side of the stem with the caliber and the boolit and store them in a big cigar box with all the other dies, punches and Rose stems.

It is important to use only dried stems as they do shrink in length as they dry out. It only takes a week or two in the hot Vegas sun and everything shrinks including me. I used to be a solid 5'9" at 35 yrs and now I can hadly hit 5'7" at 71.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.