RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 375449 First Run

Boolit Grand Master

I hope the SPG lube holds up as well as yours, would hate to have to get another 4500 for a second lube. OTOH I've gotten 2400 fps out of LLA with no lube related issues. Just need a Lee sizer.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I dont think your gunna get a lee sizer for the 375 unless you ask buckshot to make one for ya.... I was gunna go that route before i lucked into a lyman 450 sizer.... I think he charges 30 bucks but dont hold me to that....

AG

Banned

look for a 38-55 sizer.
    I run the 375449 in my 375 Winchesters at .379 anyway.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanGuy View Post
    I dont think your gunna get a lee sizer for the 375 unless you ask buckshot to make one for ya.... I was gunna go that route before i lucked into a lyman 450 sizer.... I think he charges 30 bucks but dont hold me to that....

AG
    That may be why I have the Lyman sizer. I haven't slugged this rifle yet, thought I'd try the .379 and see how it went before I got creative.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow, boolits worked great! No leading but that 280 grainer is a bit hard on the shoulder. Think I'll size & load a few more in case I want to abuse my shoulder again soon, lol.

Lmbo... The 375 h&h diddnt get the nickname 375 ouch & ouch for nuthin.... Mine is muzzle broke, or I would be saying the same thing... I can shoot 50 or 60 rounds through mine with just a bit of a sore shoulder the next day....

Boolit Grand Master

In decades past I fed my BB Hornady 220 grn j-words, don't recall them being very unpleasant to shoot but I was younger and tougher then, lol. Got 70 GC'd, sized & lubed. Think I'll take a nap before I load up 20 for tomorrow....or some other time.
    Glad I didn't order the 359009 for my 35 Whelen project.

I bet your shoulder says "amen" to that thought... lol

I've been using a Lyman 375248 in the Trapdoor I re-barreled to .38-56. Low recoil and shoots well with Goex cartridge grade BP. Lubed with Thompson Center bore butter

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by armorer59 View Post
    I've been using a Lyman 375248 in the Trapdoor I re-barreled to .38-56. Low recoil and shoots well with Goex cartridge grade BP. Lubed with Thompson Center bore butter
    First I've heard of that boolit, sounds like a good choice in the 375 as well. Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanGuy View Post
    I bet your shoulder says "amen" to that thought... lol
    Just can't think of anything in Texas that needs to be hit that hard, to be quite honest....including my shoulder! Loaded up 20, looking forward to shooting the 32-20's and 32WS tomorrow. The 375 Win....not so much. Mebbe I'll shoot a nice hog with it someday.

In Remembrance
    Are you starting to remember why that 375 sit in the safe all those years. lol

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Are you starting to remember why that 375 sit in the safe all those years. lol
    Quite possibly, lol. Abused myself again today. Initial load shot quite well again. Think I'll load up 50 rounds and instruct the executor of my will to give it to someone I don't like very much, lol. Seven pounds of rifle and a couple of tons of muzzle energy is fun for a little while, just not for long.

That 375449 is probably what I'm looking for my BB 94 375. I'm shooting LBT 380-225 GC sized at .379 but am looking for something nearer 280 grains. Just not thrilled with current Lyman quality, maybe a group buy someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12