Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little credit where a lot of credit has been overlooked-

Boolit Master
    Thank you !

Well done !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Buddy

How about Bob Hope who is the only honorary veteran?
    A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. - Shane

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
    Sir Winston Churchill

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.
    Herbert Agar

434-1

Boolit Master
    I went to Sea 12 years after WW2.Some of the guys I sailed with where veterans of the Russian convoys that where so vital to that theatre of war.One particular bloke had been sunk three times and fished out almost frozen.One trick they learned was to dunk their heads under water many times since the water was slightly warmer than the freezing outside air.The B P Tanker Company,who I worked for lost half of their fleet to U Boat action.Those guys rank amongst the most modest of heroes and I was proud to sail with them.

Boolit Master
    An "oldie but goodie" from the past I ran across...

Since it is just a week past Veterans Day 2018, I thought it worthy to post in this topic for others to read & perhaps reflect a bit on the contents.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Great post sir.Thank you.Knew of most mentioned but not all.Lee Marvin.All you had to do was observe the salute he gave in any movie.USMC all the way.
    Now as for Ernie Borgnine he was sorta"Type cast" in McHales Navy.
    Telly Savalas the same in Kellys Heros.He was in Shermans during WW2.Or so I read.
    In another thread on another site they talked about aging veterans who they knew from WW2.I had the great honor to know two veterans who were veterans of WW2,Korea and Viet Nam.And I gotta tell ya,they had some heart breaking stories and some very funny ones to tell too when they felt like it.God bless all veterans and their families.Thank you all.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

As age and lasting memories from when I was a soldier slow me down I am left feeling like I should have done more, stayed in longer, let my injuries push me to stay. But it was not to be, today I sometimes get to talk with our new veterans and hear their stories. Many have scars that need help and so many times it isn't there for them. Many times that help is just to listen and let them know it is ok and that it is time to let go of feeling like they failed.
    Once a week I sit with some old veterans and we talk. One new one has sometimes joined in he was airborne and because I went through airborne basic and AIT before ending up as a combat engineer instructor we have some common ground. Few will ever know what I did while I wore the uniform, all I will say is I did what my country asked and never did question why, yes it has left memories I would rather not have, but as so many of here know freedom has a high price that must be paid and it doesn't hurt to have a great love for Jesus Christ as when things really get tough he is there when maybe no one else is
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    A friend recently told me that this isn't the same America he fought for in Viet Nam all those long years ago. And I sadly agreed with him. Our so called movie stars are too bush running down this country and our so called politicians are a national disgrace. Frank

Boolit Master

My Family has given all. We have lost MEN in every War since 1861.

I can't list them all. It's too painful. I grew up seeing it in the faces of both my Grandmother's, My Mother, My Aunt's.

The stories of Men I never got to know.

My Wife had 3 Much older sisters, some of their kids served.
    None of the Great Nephews & Nieces served, almost all were old enough to serve in the WAR on TERROR.

Just my Boy Served, Lies next to His Grandfather in the L.A. National Cemetery.

Funny, on Holidays, all those fine strong healthy young men, avoid looking me in the Eye.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

in Remebrance
    If I may I'd like to add one more to the list: C. V. (Jack) Atkinson, not a movie star, but the greatest man in my life, my dad. Learned to fly early in his college days, then put everything on hold and became a flight instructor in the Air Force. He then served his time as a pilot in the ATC, flying the Hump India to China. He was blessed to come back to where he was raised to spend his life raising 3 kids and carrying the mail on a rural route to the folks he'd known all his life. I retired from the same route. Just a few funny stories, he didn't care to talk about those days. Only chance I've had to honor him, but I'm proud to do so. All that's left is a few pictures. Truly the greatest generation. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Grand Master

I knew about some of those guys but not all of them. Thanks for posting that list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123