Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Propane Prices

Boolit Master

Propane Prices

A couple weeks ago our propane supplier called to see if we needed any as he was going to be in the area at $1.99 a gallon. I checked the tank and didn't need any so I told him next trip when he is in the area which is about two weeks. Today I called him and told him I'm ready but the price today is $3.59. Holy Smokes!!! One of the ladies said their supplier is at $3.97. The news is saying these price spikes happened in the last 24hr. Right now its 30 below with the wind chill. Thank goodness I've got enough wood piled up at the house to last to the end of February.

How are prices in the rest of the country?

Boolit Master

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea..._Y44MB_DPG&f=D

http://journalstar.com/business/agri...21f88947b.html

Glad I have natural gas service ... and live in a place so warm that the temperature inside a non-heated house never gets below 60F anyway.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

A friend of mine raises chicken commercialy told me propane went up .50 last week, another $1.50 yesterday. Wow, hard for him to make a living like that. I also heard we're selling it to China. That helps.

Boolit Man
    your price is a direct effect of supply and demand. Especially in cold weather areas of the country at this moment if time. I paid around 2.50 in WA state a week or two ago

Boolit Man
    BTW, check craigslist to see if anyone in your area is selling their barbque pit. Maybe their propane tank still has some left in it. They might sell you just the tank and not the bbq for 10 bucks or less. Worth a try. Regards, David

Boolit Master
    Be glad you can order what you need. They are rationing it around these parts due to a propane shortage.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by cali4088 View Post
    BTW, check craigslist to see if anyone in your area is selling their barbque pit. Maybe their propane tank still has some left in it. They might sell you just the tank and not the bbq for 10 bucks or less. Worth a try. Regards, David
    This is ALMOST funny.Robert

In Remembrance
    Just ALMOST???

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    $3.79 gal. here. South Central Indiana, about as south as 5 miles north of the Ohio River.
    Last edited by dagger dog; 01-23-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't know what it is and not to sounds like a jerk, don't care. Our propane place has a pre-buy for the winter and I bought 600 gallons, so it doesn't matter what the price is right now, mine is already paid for at the cheaper price.

For those of you that need it now, man, I feel for you.
    Last edited by Dean D.; 01-24-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: language

Boolit Grand Master

Is it bad that I question any shortage? Could this be a ploy to raise prices and maximize profits? I really hate being this cynical. And it's pretty convenient that it coincides w/ the arctic temps that are here.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea..._Y44MB_DPG&f=D

http://journalstar.com/business/agri...21f88947b.html

Glad I have natural gas service ... and live in a place so warm that the temperature inside a non-heated house never gets below 60F anyway.
    You may want to check NG prices. Reports in some places say it has jumped to more than $8 per thousand cu. ft.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    This is ALMOST funny.Robert
    Considering i got half a tank on a 20lb and the same with a 15 lb one, it was pretty funny as I walked away with 2 propane tanks and 5 lbs of propane for 20 bucks! i was laughing at the money i saved. Even laughed a little as i melted my lead a few hours later

Banned
    My supplier said his cost went to over 4 which means it will be close to 5 delivered, glad I bought in August at 1.46. Limited to 200 gallons also. Nice to heat with wood though. It's -1 without the wind right now Russ

My propane company has been filling our tank every 3 months for 9 years. They just came around and filled us up in December, came by again last week to put another 22 gallons in at over $4 a gallon. And hit us with delivery charges for another $20. I think I'll be finding another company in the spring. Pushing out as much as they can while the price is high.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    You may want to check NG prices. Reports in some places say it has jumped to more than $8 per thousand cu. ft.
    Where is that at? It's not trading anywhere close to that level? Here is this weeks update: http://www.eia.gov/naturalgas/weekly/

W/ the amount of natural gas we produce there should be no shortage. I guess the issue is storage at this point. Prices don't change quickly w/ NG which is a good thing. I'm still paying 50% less per CCF then I was in 2006.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cali4088 View Post
    your price is a direct effect of supply and demand. Especially in cold weather areas of the country at this moment if time. I paid around 2.50 in WA state a week or two ago
    Not exactly right, there is also a Propane shortage.

Boolit Grand Master

$2.99 a gallon in NW GA at Tractor Supply. I have a small 100# cylinder i lug over there to run our ventfree fireplace in the living room. At full blast it will last about 7 days. It keeps the living area and upstairs nice and toasty.

I filled it up a few months ago before "cold" season got here and it was $2.39 a gallon if memory serves me well.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Not exactly right, there is also a Propane shortage.
    Is there? Who says there is a shortage? I doubt everything anymore and it's really no fun

Boolit Master

Here in N. Texas the price is $3.00 a gallon delivered with a 150 gal. minimum. Up from $2.16 a gallon a couple of months ago.

And this is not even cold country!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast