RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Honors for Departed Members

Boolit Master

Honors for Departed Members

I believe that now that the board is growing so large that keeping track of members is going to become difficult. And we need a way of honoring contributions of those that came before and have left.

And as members search through the data that is here, they will find themselves reading older posts and then wanting to ask a certain member questions. It would be only polite to maybe have those posts tagged as "Honored Passed, 200?". I too would prefer to know that someone has simply not lost interest and the best way for that is some sort of record. We currently have an individual now that has mold disposition issues that are being worked, but apparently he has left over 3 months ago and it went mostly unnoticed.

Would you guys support a change in the members list and or personal information to honor those that have passed?

Would you support this with instructions for surviving loved ones to update your membership status if it were done with dignity?

What suggestions do you have for how to best accomplish this?
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Cast Boolits Owner

That is a great idea but it involves work from others and also the knowledge that a member has become a "silent member". My work here is only known by me and my dad. I am sure he would post my passing but what about those that have no one to post for them? Anyway, you are a boolit master under your avitar. Maybe our passed memebers can become " Silent Caster".

R.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Ackward View Post
    I believe that now that the board is growing so large that keeping track of members is going to become difficult. And we need a way of honoring contributions of those that came before and have left.

And as members search through the data that is here, they will find themselves reading older posts and then wanting to ask a certain member questions. It would be only polite to maybe have those posts tagged as "Honored Passed, 200?". I too would prefer to know that someone has simply not lost interest and the best way for that is some sort of record. We currently have an individual now that has mold disposition issues that are being worked, but apparently he has left over 3 months ago and it went mostly unnoticed.

Would you guys support a change in the members list and or personal information to honor those that have passed?

Would you support this with instructions for surviving loved ones to update your membership status if it were done with dignity?

What suggestions do you have for how to best accomplish this?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Why not list a phone number in the database somewheres so that it is avalible,not neccesarilly public though....?
    That way someone can call and get an answer for sure.