RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool 303 british ammo w pics!

In Remembrance

Cool 303 british ammo w pics!

I was rummaging thru some odds and ends and found some old 303 british ammo. i wondered what exactly it was.
    Online searching found lots of info about headstamps, wayyyyyy too many to figure out (easily anyway), so i decided to take out the file and dremel and see what the projectiles were hiding. here they are:
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

You found the long sought after disappearing bullets.

I think you forgot to attach the photos.
    "If you make listening and observation your occupation you will gain much more than you can by talk.." --Lord Robert Baden-Powell

In Remembrance

yeah no kidding. hang on...

failing on 3 different computers, will try again later.

but I swear they are really cool: 2 different Mk VII tips and one Mk II AP tip. Cut away views and everything.

Oh well, sorry to tease. but i will wait to see if the problem clears up.

C-
    Last edited by cpileri; 01-21-2014 at 07:32 PM.
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds cool, just wish I could see a couple pictures of them!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

This thread is useless without pics (we need an emoticon for this!).
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

In Remembrance

Yes, it is.
    And the image uploader on this site is useless without.... well, its just useless.
    To me. right now, at least.

Soon as its fixed, i promise I will post them.
    C-

Banned

Just load them onto this site. You are a sponsor so you can load a lot of photo's. Just go to the advanced reply and attach the image.

Your problem is the pics are just too large to be uploaded from your computer.... Re-size them down to under 1 mb and they will upload fine...

AG

Boolit Master
    I bought some that are supposed to be tracer. Is it possible to set the tracer burning with a dremel? Not sure but it would be some surprise. See this http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=headstampcodes

Boolit Mold
    Almost a day later and still no pictures this thread is killing my patience.

In Remembrance

finally!

funny, never had a prob w big files before. anyway, here's one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cool303small.jpg  

In Remembrance

and the drawings of headstamps

hope my art work comes out clearly for you all.
    C-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cool303diagsmall.jpg  

Banned

I have a few that has a rubber tip like the one that has the wood. They are meant to bend and then tumble when the hit.

Kynoch, Roadway Green and Royal Laboratories.

I have an original packet of 10 MkII dated 27/11/1902

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

The Royal Laboratories G II round is a tracer round. Pre-1944.
    Rule .303

In Remembrance

Thanks All!
    Esp for the headstamp info.
    So the RG round is also a tracer? or only if pre-1944? (which this one is not, its 1944 )

And I have heard that the mk VII had different materials stuffed into the tips, but never seen rubber. Cool!

C-

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fred2892 View Post
    Kynoch, Roadway Green and Royal Laboratories.
    Radway Green
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Yep, Radway Green. That's what happens when you get a new tablet computer thingy and it autocorrects words for you!

Boolit Master
    Bought these at Knob Creek some years ago. Three different headstamps. U ^ (closest I got for a diamond and I'm not sure of the info); R^L (almost an arrow) Royal Laboratory; BE Royal Ordnance Factory. All GII.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140123_142859_0.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	94356
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140123_143024_0.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	94357

I would still like to know if these are dangerous to cut.
    Last edited by daengmei; 01-23-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast