WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's a heavenly phone directory? You gotta hear this story of mine! LOL!

Boolit Grand Master

I don't think God ever wants to use a 2x4 on us. I think he is willing to do whatever it takes to get our attention and maybe spare us the loss of our soul by allowing the loss of worldly things.
    I ignorred the Lord for a short time after coming to know him, and He showed me how dangerous it is to ignor His gentle nudges, by allowing me to make the worst mistakes I have ever made.
    After that, I try to keep my ear to the ground. I listen. God is very very patient with me, as long as im listening.
    Doesn't mean I get it right all the time, but I'm trying as best I know how.
    God responds with gentleness, and good things. The only downside is that this creates more and more opportunities for me to be distracted, confused, or to just take my finger off my number.
    I think He always gives me just a little more rope than I need, ya know?
    It's like every blessing comes with a warning label.
    Like this call here. It was just so awesome the way that played out, but I got to thinking, what's the catch? Why did this happen this special way? I think that in this case, if I do not heed the gentile nudge here, then the next time it will be the 2X4.
    So, to quote an old hymn:
    You alone are my strength, my shield.
    To you alone may my spirit yield.
    Last edited by MBTcustom; 01-23-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    If you look God gives us gifts and miracles every day . It torments me that most parents now don't to see the gift God has given them in their children . I'v always loved kids and enjoy my two , to a great extent your relationship with them is what you make it . My youngest (daughter) is 14 and she has given me more than I could ever give back .
    Picture of her at three years old , caught her first fish , I sent he picture into the newspaper and they ran it in the sports section .

She is older now but still likes to fish for crappie, LOL

She owns six guns from 22s to a 50 cal blackpowder rifle and loves to shoot .

Get these gifts of God out and enjoy them , we think we are teaching them but they teach us just as much .

Good job Boaz, you words are so true. It's easy to get caught up in making a living, we need to keep our priorities in the right place. Enjoy every day as it come.

Boolit Buddy
    Boaz: you have a beautiful Daughter. and I see that she is wearing her cross even as she reaches for her ramrod God Bless to you and yours. Goofy
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Tim
    I really used to worry about working on Sunday too. My livestock had to be fed and the boars turned in with sows and regular things, but I could make it to Church and spend time with my then young family. But when hay needed bailing or a crop was ready to harvest--Sundays became another work day for a while.
    We were in a small West Texas town and a retired minister was a member of our church and a friend. We had about a section of wheat to combine yet and a wet norther was forecast for early in the week. On Saturday night, my retired neighbor called and said he was driving a grain truck for me tomorrow. I said that I appreciated it, but it was Sunday. He said he knew my wife (relief truck driver) was in the hospital and that part of my families livelyhood was invested in that wheat so he was sure that if my ox was in the ditch, so was his and he would help out until it was in the elevator. He finished by saying that we would both have to rest and pray twice as hard the Sundays we were not removing oxen from ditches. I have always tried to observe Sundays as the Lords day and spend my time wisely. But as long as I was farming, there were days that the ox came first.

At my age now, I look back and I can not remember days at work, but I can remember days spent with my family. Invest your time now and have no regrets later.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    I am late reading this and offering my input, but my father taught me from an early age that it's best not to work on Sundays. He was a mechanic, and he told me that just about anytime he tried to work on something on Sundays, he would drop a tiny part into the crankcase, a bolt head would snap off, he would not be able to find the correct tool to fix whatever he was working on, the air compressor would quit on him, there would be some type of a problem arise to complicate things much more than they needed to be. He told me this, and when I got to be eight, nine, 10 years old and began working on my own vehicles (go karts and dirt bikes) I found this to be true pretty quickly. If I was trying to fix a flat on a motorcycle, I would end up pinching the tube as I was putting the tire back on. I would drop parts into the dirt and not be able to find them. I would have my vehicle all fixed up except for one tiny part that I needed, but the store that offer this part was not open on Sunday. It was always just little things like that, but after what my father had told me and experiencing it a few times myself, I mostly let the repairs wait. Unless I really really wanted to ride that day. And then sometimes it worked out, sometimes not.
    Anything that produces some sort of an explosion, can't be all bad.

44minimum

Boolit Master

To Tim and all who replied, your words gave me a gift I needed tonight. God Bless you all.

No Coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Tim:
    A marvelous faith-builder!
    Some may be amused, but there are too many "coincidences" just like that for them to be coincidences!

Many future experiences! HE loved us, so HE sent His Son, and the Son is risen!
    I am just about 42 I injured a disc in my back at the age of 18 lifting a large piece of steel, not a day has went by in the 21 years after that , that the pain ever stopped I have worked months on end that I rolled out of bed and could barely get my socks on , but I had two kids a wife and bills , I had to work period. One day a parts guy was picking up a hydraulic cylinder at work to have it rebuilt and asked if I would load the part for him , I was all hunched over and had been that way for at least 2 months I could not stand upright. DAVID was the gentlemans name [ that's no joke ] he said you look to be in horrible pain my friend, I said yes sir i'm a mess , David said would you be offended if I called on the LORD for you? I said no sir , I would be delighted if you done that for me , a co worker was present also ,we all took our hats off and David called on the LORD to ease my pain and make me [ GOOD AS NEW] were his exact words, in among one of the most pristine prayers I ever heard a man pray. About a week went by , my back pain started easing up, another week went by and my pain was totally gone and I was upright and doing what i wanted to do , For the first time in 21 YEARS, that has now been 3 pain free years ago and I have not seen David since , I wonder about him alot , because I know he was a GOD SEND just for me . Thank You LORD: may you have the Glory.. I believe in coincidences, but this was not one of them, but I Believe in man called JESUS more than anything else and I am sure some of you can relate to my story with a miracle that GOD has done for you as well..

Boolit Grand Master

It gets better my friends.
    I told you about the man that called me when I prayed, I told you about the man that got me out of the shop that first Sunday.
    I still have not worked on Sunday, and I have committed to tithe 10% of my business profits. I was really strapped for cash recently so I liquidated an old IRA I had at my last job 10 years ago. I gave 10% of it to the church.
    I told Angie "I know it's a lot of money now, but I need God to give me enough money to sustain us. This is nothing compared to that".

Well fellers, things are getting busier and busier and I am struggling to keep up with all the details. I need a better system for keeping my books because I have lost a couple things, and taxes this year were a nightmare (I had to hire a CPA).
    I told Angie "I have got to get organized, but I skipped all the business classes in college! I had my nose in the shop all the time!"

Last month, I came home and Angie told me somebody had run into her car at wal-mart. She didn't call the police because there didn't appear to be any damage but she and the girl that hit her exchanged phone numbers. Of course I told her how foolish she was etc etc etc.
    Last week, I came home and Angie wasn't here. I jumped right to work on the guns and had been praying all day that God would somehow provide me someone who could teach me how to keep good records and run a business on the paper side.
    Well, about an hour later, Angie pulls up and another car pulls up behind her. She tells me that it's the girl who ran into her car at walmart and that she had just bought them ice cream, and Angie had invited her to stay for dinner.
    Oh great.
    I told her I was glad she was here, and happy to meet her, but that I had a lot to do, and had to keep working.
    Later, my 4 year old came out to the shop pulling this young lady by the hand wanting to show her the shop (the young ladies name is Alison.)
    I talked to her for a minute and showed her the shop, and explained what I do.
    She said "that's awesome! I have a small venture I am working on as well! I'm hoping I can help small businesses come up with a business plan to keep their books. I think there's a real market for such a thing."

ok, Tim, if I hadn't seen God do things like this in my own life, this would be crazy scary. However, since I've seen this happen, my only reply is that we serve an AWESOME God. This was in the works even before you asked. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these (other) things will be added unto you." Think He might be telling you He's pleased with your decisions and your faithfulness in keeping them?
    All government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery - Jonathan Swift
    You have enemies? Good, it means you've done something with your life - Winston Churchill

Boolit Grand Master

Alison just left. She designed me a system for keeping my books and keeping all the projects straight and in order so that I can work more effectively. She designed one sheet that will cover 99% of all my business. Just fill it out, and staple all the important stuff to it. It's almost like a traveler for each project.
    She also showed me how to keep track of money that was owed and/or recieved on each job and how to keep track of it as it moves through the shop.
    She also bought me a receipt book, and showed me how to keep the carbon copy with the paperwork etc etc etc.
    My head is swimming. I'm in information overload right now, but I am very excited because this is going to save my rear in so many ways.
    The point is, she's darn good at this! She is going to meet with me every Wednesday to make sure I am keeping things moving in an orderly fashion (paper wise that is).
    When she first came over, she told me she charges $25 per session
    I paid her $100 cash last time, and another $50 tonight.
    She's a Godsend.......literally!

I told her "I sure am glad you ran into Angie at walmart!" LOL!

In Remembrance

Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.

Boolit Buddy
    That's great to hear. Kinda makes you wonder how many things like this happen to us every month, or even every week that we don't even notice. Even inconsequential little things, seemingly coincidences that occur just at the right moment to make things all work out. I'm going to try to be more aware of things like this in my own life. Might be interesting to even write them down as they happen.
    Anything that produces some sort of an explosion, can't be all bad.

44minimum

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 44minimum View Post
    That's great to hear. Kinda makes you wonder how many things like this happen to us every month, or even every week that we don't even notice. Even inconsequential little things, seemingly coincidences that occur just at the right moment to make things all work out. I'm going to try to be more aware of things like this in my own life. Might be interesting to even write them down as they happen.

+1

I enjoyed this thread. I wonder how many times I've tried to go it alone when I could have had help for the asking.