Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Anybody tried this for lube?

Boolit Bub

Anybody tried this for lube?

Has anyone tried Cutease metalworking lube as a bullet lube? I heard from a different avenue that he tried it on a limited amount of bullets and it seemed to do the job. Found it on enco for 15$ a pound seems like that is not a bad price? For just buying and using straight with no mixing seems like not a bad deal. I have only used lbt soft lube and it works great but reading about all these other lubes has kind of given me the urge to experiment a little. Maybe this would work with mixing with something else maybe if not straight.

Here's the MSDS. It actually looks like it might be a suitable base for developing a lube? Seems to have some of the good stuff in it. I'll let other, more knowledgeable types say yay or nay.

Boolit Master

I think it has some potential, although at $15/ lb it went over the economical threshold...........Beeswax $4.25/lb, Micro wax may be cheaper yet,carnauba wax $18/lb but you use so little, mineral oil- cheap etc......
    I sell bulk TAC1 free shipping for $15/lb

Now if it worked as a lube with no messing around or adding anything to it it may have some potential. It is a solid but how hard is the solid?

I think it will work as a lube by it's self providing it's not too hard

Bees wax 4 bucks, pound O lard 2 bucks, bottle of STP 4 bucks

thats 10 bucks for enough lube to keep ya greased up for days
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

I'm STILL using products RandyRat sent me over a year ago............"All quality, and priced reasonable." [Just food for thought].

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Master

I have not used that , but I do use DoALL ToolSaver for BP Boolit lube. Limited number of shots with it in CF smokeless cases, but not enough for accuracy testing. I just filled the lube grooves after running the boolit through the 450s sizing die. Lubricity is plenty good, but then it is made to lube metals under high pressures of machining.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Virtually identical to the Cutease in composition.

Boolit Bub
    Is the toolsaver wax more greasy than hard? Just curious as to the texture of it if it would flow through a lubebrisizer.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bignutt View Post
    Has anyone tried Cutease metalworking lube as a bullet lube? I heard from a different avenue that he tried it on a limited amount of bullets and it seemed to do the job. Found it on enco for 15$ a pound seems like that is not a bad price? For just buying and using straight with no mixing seems like not a bad deal. I have only used lbt soft lube and it works great but reading about all these other lubes has kind of given me the urge to experiment a little. Maybe this would work with mixing with something else maybe if not straight.
    Funny you brought this up, At work the other day I was looking at a bottle of Lube they use for tapping holes. There are several types they have. I need to pull the MSDS sheets on them also. May also be cost prohibitive as this stuff is for taping stainless steel on nuclear projects
    But I was thinking the same thing as a boolit lube.
    Guess we know what our priority's are !!

Mike

Pulled the lube fixings box off the top shelf and was going through it.
    Still got two tubes of Toolsaver from twenty years ago. I'm gonna see if I can make it work as an adjunct.

I had a salesman's sample tube of Lenox Lube several years ago, the lubesizer was empty so I melted a sizer full of it. Shot well, no leading just too soft for my taste.

I went back to conventional lube. I suspect most of the industrial wax based lubricates like this would work just fine as they are if you like the viscosity of the product.

I still have a partial tube left that has never weeped out even in the hottest weather--100+ degrees occasionally here in SW Michigan.

https://www.airgas.com/product/Tools...C5-15%7CC%3A70

I tried Toolsaver in high velocity 28 Long Neck 168 grain loads (7-08 dies)

in about 1981? but never finished testing it out. What I remember offhand was never getting any barrel leading and mediocre accuracy.
    Alox lube coupled with white lithium gave excellent accuracy with the old style of the RCBS mold, even though I had to use synthetic fiber to keep the wad of grease out of the powder!