Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCI 525 round bulk pack discontinued

ADMIN

This is what is happening...

For years there are shooters that buy ammo on the days they go to the range even at the range before they shoot. They don't stock any ammo at home because every time they went to the store there was ammo. Now fast forward to now.
    The same group goes to shoot and finds out that they can't buy any ammo and they have none themselves.
    They panic. They start buying up every box they can find regardless of the price. They are driving the high prices the hoarders are charging.

Some people saw this coming. They placed large orders for 22 lr that couldn't be filled with the current stock levels in the suppliers warehouse. These orders are still being filled today even though they were placed over a year ago.
    Until all the backorders are filled we will be stuck with the high prices these "hoarders" charge.

To be honest it sucks. The price to make it hasn't gone up that much. Its the fact that people are willing to pay the high prices that keeps us in the situation we are in now.

I can go drive the 5 miles to Sportsman Warehouse and purchase primers (any type), some powder, and some ammo. 22lr does come in but it is snatched up as fast as it hits the shelves and thats if it makes it to the shelves. I have a guy that will grab whatever supplies I need and put my name on them. I just walk to the front and tell them my name and they ring it up.

I did this when I needed some bullseye powder. Took about a month before I had a 4lb jug. This is when you couldn't get ANY powder.

Boolit Master
    One question that I don't think has been brought up in this thread is, why is it just 22 ammo? I can go into any sporting goods store and buy all the evil assault rifle ammo I want. If the government was really behind the ammo shortage, why would they be stopping the meager little 22?
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

ADMIN

22lr can't be reloaded so the demand is higher.
    I don't purchase pistol ammo because I reload. I do buy 22lr ammo cause I got no other options.

I am sure that I am not the only one that purchases only 22 lr either...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I can't do it anymore. I just can't. Ya'll have fun on this thread.
    Why would you even want to do it any more?
    <
    We've been over this again and again and no one's likely to change their mind at this point. Your attempt to explain it mathematically in this thread was as good an argument as any - and to no avail.
    <
    Forgive me if I can't resist putting your thoughts in my own words...
    <
    If everyone who owns a .22 of any type became nervous about the ammo supply and started scrambling to get a couple bricks for themselves the sales demand would increase by hundreds of billions of rounds. With production capacity pretty closely matched to "normal" consumption you'd see a shortage that would last for years.
    <
    Just like we're seeing.
    <
    I know it seems a pretty simple concept to you - as it does to me - but remember some words of wisdom from a t-shirt that was popular a few years ago. There are some creatures that you cannot teach to sing, and to keep trying only wastes your time and annoys those poor creatures as well.
    <
    It's turning into a long winter, ain't it?

<
    Uncle R.

Boolit Buddy
    Can't we get some sort of blocker put on threads about the .22 shortage? Call me an NSA agent but I'm tired of reading about it.

I went to air guns for my short range stuff two years ago for the noise reduction and to let me practice around the house. I got lucky and am sitting on quite a few $15 a brick CCI Blazers because of this.Now its slowly trickling to airgun pellets.I could buy as much as I wanted any day all week at Walmart.Now though they get it in it runs out sooner.As much as I like 22 LR for up to 50 yards a good break barrel airgun does just fine.

George
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123