RepackboxLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scored my first Star Luber...

It's Here!!

Well I must say... These things are NICE!! its in really good shape. Just a bunch of extra lube all over the place. I would venture a guess the heater is turned up to high.. but I wont know till I get some dies I can use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-01-21_16-06-10_702.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	94192
    Speaking of dies.. it came with One Die and Punch and one bullet too, hmm guess I could measure it to see what size it is...

Name:	2014-01-21_16-06-18_282.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	94193
    ... so apparently it came with die for a .458'' (IE 45-70 family)

Name:	2014-01-21_16-55-47_382.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	94194
    So it appears I will be sizing for my Father in-law's 45-120 first. Which is fine by me that thing is a hoot to shoot!

Banned

Get the bullet feeder:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozyDZ-44Q4

I bought the return spring for handle on ebay.

Get some "goof off".

Here are a couple more pictures...

Name:	$_57 (1).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	94826

Name:	$_57 (3).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	94827
    Oh and funny thing.. the plate that it is mounted on, see earlier pictures.. is a chunk of copper.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I got another one in a deal on some estate stuff the other day. But I even paid 100 bucks. BUT I got 19 different Star sizing dies and top punches..most in their boxes....as well as a few Lyman dies but I did pay another 100 for them. I missed out on 10 8 lb kegs of powders though. They sold 'em last week. But i also got a Ramsom Rest for handguns with 5 sets of grip adapters. Only one set of adapters have ever been out of the boxes. I gotta stop buying.. I'm spending the kids inheritance..well part of it. Granddaughter will still get the ranch..LOL!!

Boolit Master

I would love to buy another 2 or 3 Stars to leave set up with particular lubes or just dedicate each to a particular boolit. I shoot a lot of 9mm's and 45 ACP and having a luber dedicated to each would eliminate the job of removing a die and punch and readjusting for the different boolit.

Ideally I would have at least 4 of them. The two listed above and one for my beloved 38-55 Winchester lever rifle and the last just for the remainder of my lubing needs. At only $50 a pop I would be really happy. At $275 not so much.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Quote Originally Posted by skeet028 View Post
    Well I got another one in a deal on some estate stuff the other day. But I even paid 100 bucks. BUT I got 19 different Star sizing dies and top punches..most in their boxes....as well as a few Lyman dies but I did pay another 100 for them. I missed out on 10 8 lb kegs of powders though. They sold 'em last week. But i also got a Ramsom Rest for handguns with 5 sets of grip adapters. Only one set of adapters have ever been out of the boxes. I gotta stop buying.. I'm spending the kids inheritance..well part of it. Granddaughter will still get the ranch..LOL!!
    With all those dies that sounds like a smoking deal. I haven't really gotten into casting my own bullets yet. I started casting bullets for cores used in bullet swaging. That got my interest up in cast bullets and I have loaded over 1,000 store bought cast bullets. The logical step is to keep going......, and the Magma Star Lube Sizer looks like a sweet set up. Congratulations on your find!

Finally had a chance to run some lead through this last Sunday. Awesome! is pretty much what sums it up. I do understand why these can be problematic at first. Lucky for me I have read most of the threads on other peoples issues and took the appropriate actions on the initial set up. I am also already working on a air kit so it will be even better. I post a pic once I get it all sorted out. Its going to take me a little while though, life gets in the way sometimes.

Boolit Bub
    what is the going price for a star lubra sizer?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mike daniels View Post
    what is the going price for a star lubra sizer?
    $275
    http://www.magmaengineering.com/pricesheet.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    The price went up. The website now says $325. http://www.magmaengineering.com/comp...ners/click/14/ It is still worth every penny.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by engineer401 View Post
    The price went up. The website now says $325. http://www.magmaengineering.com/comp...ners/click/14/ It is still worth every penny.
    Interesting !!!
    I guess Magma better crack the whip on their IT department and update there Pricelist page
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Great smokin deal!!

Nose size with this and you'll make the most accurate boolits known to man!

Your next move should be to PM Red neck engineering ( site vendor here) and order his shovel handle for this unit! I bent the stocker six ways to Sunday before I bought that new handle!

Lathesmith makes great Star dies in two styles and will take the time to customize hole locations in them if you can send him the right info to center the holes.

I have a 457122 HP mold with three lube groove.

Lathesmith's flanged Star die, with my specified hole spacing, lubes all three grooves with no slop or excess lube on the boolit!

Contact both these vendors for Star stuff you won't be sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Great smokin deal!!

Nose size with this and you'll make the most accurate boolits known to man!

Your next move should be to PM Red neck engineering ( site vendor here) and order his shovel handle for this unit! I bent the stocker six ways to Sunday before I bought that new handle!

Lathesmith makes great Star dies in two styles and will take the time to customize hole locations in them if you can send him the right info to center the holes.

I have a 457122 HP mold with three lube groove.

Lathesmith's flanged Star die, with my specified hole spacing, lubes all three grooves with no slop or excess lube on the boolit!

Contact both these vendors for Star stuff you won't be sorry!
    I bought the roller handle from Lathesmith and like it a lot.

Good thinking!! The wife is always asking me about xmas ideas, birthday ideas... hmmm I think I have one now!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12