MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: .32 cal Ball-et Mold?

Boolit Buddy
    I am mostly interested in the ball-et. Both my 32's are 1 in 48. I think the shorter boolit will do better in that slow of twist. I just ordered a maxi ball mold from TOW so I'm not interested in that one at all. But if it dose good in my crockett I may be interested in the HBWC. Also if the maxi ball shoots well I may be interested in a maxi hunter. I don't think they made a maxi hunter in 32 cal.

Bardo

Boolit Master SPRINGFIELDM141972's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I am mostly interested in the ball-et. Both my 32's are 1 in 48. I think the shorter boolit will do better in that slow of twist. I just ordered a maxi ball mold from TOW so I'm not interested in that one at all. But if it dose good in my crockett I may be interested in the HBWC. Also if the maxi ball shoots well I may be interested in a maxi hunter. I don't think they made a maxi hunter in 32 cal.

Bardo
    The slow twist is my concern as well. Well, That's three that want a "ball-et" mold. I will only have to buy 22 of them to make a group buy.

Regards,
    Everett
    "There's a reason John Browning's middle name is Moses."

Boolit Master

In my opinion, it would be best to restrict the choices to a ball-et design as there are other avenues to procure a maxi type design. The HBWC design is already out there, but I'd have reservations on its accuracy beyond 50 yards or so. The ball-et could be expanded to larger calibers if we had a mold maker that wanted to offer other calibers in the same group buy. It seems that a 45 and 50 caliber might be a good addition if the mold maker was willing and is using CNC equipment since it then a matter of just scaling up a design.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    Im pretty certain if your willing to produce the mold, there shouldnt be any problem organizing 25+ commitments for orders. I could post links on several other Muzzleloader forums and you could hold production till your satisfied with profit margins.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like all we need is a drawing and someone to run the show.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ML 32 Comp 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	94371

OK, here are some choices... you may mix or match any of the body band arrangements to any of the hollow bases. Please use the numbers to make your choice. When a consensus has been reached, I'll put it up as a MiHec GB.

Boolit Buddy
    #3 for me however I will take any one of them.
    Jeff
    Last edited by jjamna; 01-23-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    I like #3 also, but kind of like #2 base. But I'm pretty flexible

Banned

If yall arent set on Mihec I could run that mold in 6 weeks. 12 ga is almost done, 22 heavy is next. By the time this runs on the "active" side I will not have anything else to do. Even if this takes off I have extra machines ready to run.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 338RemUltraMag View Post
    If yall arent set on Mihec I could run that mold in 6 weeks. 12 ga is almost done, 22 heavy is next. By the time this runs on the "active" side I will not have anything else to do. Even if this takes off I have extra machines ready to run.
    I like the idea of having a mold in 2 months and not 2 years. How many cavities can you do? Do the pins attach to your mold? This was the only picture I could find of one of your molds. What is your price on a 2 cavity. I have several Mihec molds and they are great. But I like the idea of having something in months and not years.

Bardo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACE%20Mold%20Pins%20002.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	94389

Banned

Can do up to 6 cavities, I can attach the pins to the mold the one pictured is a huge bullet and the captive pin was the best way to go.

I like #3 lube groove style with the #2 base as well. I do not have a particular mold manufacturer that I would prefer. A short delivery is always appreciated.

Boolit Buddy
    I like the base of #2. And I like the bullet design of #2 or #3. I like the design of #2 for a tumble lube, but design of #3 for a lube like bore butter. What design will fill out best on this tiny boolit using pure lead? Is the target weight 77gr?

Bardo

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    What design will fill out best on this tiny boolit using pure lead? Is the target weight 77gr? Bardo
    The tumble lube or round grease grooves. The basic dimensions for the body and rebated base band are as per the sample Ball-et with the base type and lube grooves being the variable...... and I haven't ran the weight yet, but will when the specifics are picked. Short delivery is a fine thing..... as long as accuracy in cutting and long term use are there. I've used the Lee aluminum body and mild steel HP/HB before and they are somewhat delicate to say the least. A SC with removable pin works longer on that. I'm more into quality/longevity here myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    I'm more into quality/longevity here myself.
    Amen to that. These group buy molds are expensive, at least from my perspective, and I want a mold that isn't too delicate to handle normal usage.

Regards,
    Everett

Boolit Buddy
    I would rather not have pins. I would loose them in 3 months probably.

Banned

I can assure you that my molds will be just as nice as what you are use to, with normal use these molds will last and last. Now anyone can destroy a mold being ham fisted, I have yet to se a mold maker that will guarantee there mold against abuse.

Boolit Buddy
    I sure hope this don't die

Other options for those with the correct twist rate (which I don't know). See the first post.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...WC-Cramer-Mold

No, the 32 Ball-et isn't going to die.........................

Boolit Buddy

Bullet #3 w/base #2

BF
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast