WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Call me lazy or spoiled

Boolit Buddy

Call me lazy or spoiled

You can call me lazy or spoiled but I really like the ease of using tumble lube 45/45/10. I have found that if I cast enough bullets to fill the bottom of a container and then TL immediately, the TL flash dries and leaves a very nice coating on the bullets. Set bullets aside to cool and BAM! I am done with that batch.
    The issue I am have is what to do with my Saeco sizer. I really hate how messy the bullets get when I use it but it does do a great job of filling the lube grooves. I have homemade lube and store bought.
    Never had leading with either lube method.

Sometime life dilemmas can be so trying. LOL
    Last edited by Socal147; 01-05-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Been casting for years and never thought of that. Thanks for the tip. My Saeco sits idle too most of the time. I do use it when trying a new boolit to work up a load using LLA and regular lubes to see what a particular gun prefers.
    WORK TO LIVE, LIVE TO HUNT
    SHOOT ONCE, KILL CLEAN, APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Banned

Ive left the nasty stuff, my star sizer,dies,barrels,fingers are super clean. A sized bullet shoots straighter. I use boolit stain from bayoubullets.net.

Boolit Buddy
    Glad that info helps Single Shot.

Gunoil - What is this coating? I like the ease of TLing. Don't really need to be accurate to bench rest levels. Cast, Tlube, load, shoot........... Sounds perfect to me. The other steps are well, I am not sure yet. LOL
    Edit - got it! Not my thing but thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Socal147; 01-05-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Call me lazy or spoiled

Well . . . Ok.

Your lazy or spoiled.

There, take that.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, Ok CBrick........... Now that I saw how the star unit works, I want one. Just need to sell the Saeco first. LoL

I'm confused why your boolits are messy when using the lube sizer... Mine come out perfectly everytime. I'm sure you've been in the hobby longer than I have so know how to properly set up.

Are there certain boolit styles that are harder to lube with traditional lube sizer?

Please don't take this comment as insulting, etc. I really just want to know :cheers:

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I never tried the LLA but I have a bunch of it. I pan lubed when I started out. I used Lee push through dies. That was messy. I still have my pans with lube in them sealed up somewhere in my shop.
    I bought a Star several years back and I have no trouble will mess.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ACrowe25 View Post
    Are there certain boolit styles that are harder to lube with traditional lube sizer?
    Could have been lubing bevel base boolits, in & out sizers are notorious for lubing the bevel base.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

I looked down my nose @TL process. Then I cast up some small 38's for popcorn loads for teaching ladies to shoot - and had a hard time with my sizers vs. my club-like finger re the little pills. I thought, well, why not try TL. Did, and use it almost exclusively now, TL'ing, sizing w/Lee system, re-TL'ing. Works. What more needs to be said?
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I use 45-45-10 for boolits cast from RD molds and all else goes trough a Star. The 45-45-10 TL works great in my Marlin rifles so no need to try anything else as I believe in not fixing things that work.