RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you gentlemen doing to stave off cabin fever?

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I just got back from shooting my first 38spl reloads. Man, that was fun! Looks like 26* and no wind is about right for winter target practice. Very comfortable.

No more bullets left, anyone want to trade me some 38 boolits for flat packed CNC cut stuff?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm spending this afternoon looking through seed catalogs, getting ready for garden again. In six months.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I just got back into ice fishing. I let it go for 10 or 12 years and am using a 6" hand auger. Just ate the last of the pan fish. Cross country ski, I have three loops on the farm and the longest one is about a 1.5 miles. Yesterday, the snow was real fast. The trick is to dress for the weather. The coldest temp. skiing was -18* so far. Might get to -25 tonight.

Like other years I use the tractor to push snow into piles and shoot targets on the snow banks. Easy to pick up boolits in the spring.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Today ! Sorting, deprimming and wet tumbling brass. Cleaned the reloading room. Annealed some brass. Took inventory of primers. Holy **** its supper time already. Good one more day closer till spring.

Boolit Grand Master

Homemade lasagna sure helps fight off cabin fever. Fights hunger too.

Anyone who is interested best be here in an hour.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post

Homemade lasagna sure helps fight off cabin fever. Fights hunger too.

Anyone who is interested best be here in an hour.
    Looking good! My venison stew should be ready by then. I'm ready for some home made lasagna, tho. Need to make a batch of Italian sausage pretty soon!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Love Life

600 yd stare...

I took the Mrs. Shooting today. There we are doing the 600yd stare. She went 8 for 8 at 400 yds into a 7 inch group. This was her 1st time behind the gun, shooting the caliber, and shooting 400 yds!!

Then we moved out to 600 yds (pictures shown). She went 18 for 20 all over the target, but they were hits!!

She also made me look bad with the snub nose and Glock 17. However, my performance with the model 28 and 1911 redeemed me...a little.

Man this woman can go through some primers!!

Love Life

stavin off the fever...

The target with a head and body group is 400 yds. She was shooting the rd bull. The shot at 12 is me (CCB), and the other 8 shots are hers.

The target with the horizontal group going across is her 600 yd target.

Boolit Buddy
    Ladies always seem to be terrific shots. My girlfriend will smoke clays with my 10/22 without any practice, and I do only marginally better.

Love Life
    Maybe it's because they don't grow up playing Cowboys and Indians, Guns, Cops and Robbers, and haven't developed any bad habits that have to be overcome. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Boolit Grand Master
    They also tend to listen and do what they are told. Guys tend to think they know better and refuse to listen.

Boolit Master

What?

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Love Life
    Huh??

Boolit Grand Master
    Exactly

Love Life
    I told you my way was better...

Boolit Master

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Love Life
    ^^^The gospel!!

Don't get cold enough here! Woke up to 65 this morning, but supposed to get all the way down to 20 tonight! You need to keep that arctic weather up there!

Boolit Master

Ice is on this year, so ice fishing and small game hunting now that big game season is over and the wanna be buckmasters are done. We have our frozen butt rondy coming up in Feb also.

Banned

I made a plumbing access panel in the laundry room to stop the mouse invasion, updated the kitchen faucet with a nice Kohler magnetic pullout/single-control thingy and soap pump, refinished the counter to hide the three-hole escutcheon fade-mark from the previous faucet, put all that back together, processed some venison, prepped and cooked some nice steaks for supper (am currently miserable because they were so freakin' GOOD and I couldn't stop eating!), cut up some Alder scraps for another member here for use in his new smoker, cleaned the back hallway and cleared away the last of the x-mas trash, started bleaching a European-style deer skull, and after I take out the trash will be casting some boolits from a new mould I got Friday. I think I earned enough brownie points with the wife that I may not be ice fishing later tonight.

Days like today especially make me glad to be alive, safe, healthy, and relatively pain-free, even if it's too cold and windy to go shooting or do much else productive outside.

Gear