Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family...You never know what you get when you marry into a family

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    O'Jack, hugs are much, much mo'betta'. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    Good luck Bruce. Been through some of that, and it can sorely try your patience.
    Paul

Boolit Grand Master
    Man, this makes me realize just how lucky I am. My inlaws are great and my wife gets along fine with my parents.

Boolit Master
    Step forward and help them.. As was said, here is a chance to introduce a couple of ladies to the shooting sports. Show them the proper way to safely shoot and enjoy firearms. My police chief keeps bringing shooters to my range to qualifie for Florida and soon Illinois Concealed Carry. Unfornatly (sp) about 1/2 the time forgets to pay for the use of my range. At least ladies are learning correctly and safely.

Boolit Master

Already have stepped forward. And yes, I plan to teach the girls to shoot the first chance I have. Snow storm is limiting that right now.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    I whole heartedly agree with teaching the girls to shoot. While you are at it, you might give them a few fashion pointers.
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Master
    Bruce, I've been in similar circumstances. Always better to be the branch of the family providing sanctuary, than the branch of the family needing it.

Very sorry for your and your family's loss.

People like yourself who are willing to take in another's children (even though family) are examples of the best of our society.
    Your commitment to family is to be lauded.

Thank you for sharing your sorrow, your strength and your steadfastness to family with us.

My condolences and my admiration to you.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Snow storm is limiting that right now.Bruce
    What the.... You mean I sent them long johns for NOTHING!
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

Hey! Marti was supposed to have texted Sheryl this morning Jeff! I wore them under my polar jacket and pants as I was shoveling out the driveway and helping two cars out of snowdrifts this morning. It was -14F (-25C) this morning with a windchill to -35F (-37C) And it never rose out of the negatives today. Indiana hasn't had a storm like this since 1978 according to the news. Legs stayed toasty warm despite the biting wind!

I may shoot in the snow but teenage nieces don't! And their wardrobes are a lot more extensive than mine!!!

Also the State has declared a state of emergency and we aren't to be on the roads unless absolutely essential. I'm not about to get a ticket for being stupid like my two neighbors probably were.

Bruce
    Last edited by bruce drake; 01-06-2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Celsius added

Well that's alright then. LOL.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

I started to post how lucky my wife and I are but decided that it would be inappropriate when so many have problems with family.

I will say a prayer for all those who are going through difficulties with family situations.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

No worries on that. Other than the crazy EX Sister in Law, the family is pretty well settled.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a few relatives that I'm pretty sure could be candidates for the Jerry Springer show, but since I seldom go back to the family hometown or have any relations whatsoever with my family, it doesn't bother me. I'm perfectly happy to just live my own little anti-social SOB of a life and not have to deal with their drama. If I needed any "interpersonal interaction", I would just go outside and yell at the kids to get off my lawn when they are walking to or from the school bus stop.
    Last edited by WilliamDahl; 01-07-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Indiana hasn't had a storm like this since 1978 according to the news.

I may shoot in the snow but teenage nieces don't! And their wardrobes are a lot more extensive than mine!!!

Bruce
    Think of the possiblities. An igloo shooting hut for the nieces. Couple it with a 50 yard snow tunnel to kill the report. Put a nice snow berm at the end of the tunnel to capture your slugs for more in depth inspection for purely scientific purposes.
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
    I have a few relatives that I'm pretty sure could be candidates for the Jerry Springer show, but since I seldom go back to the family hometown or have any relations whatsoever with my family, it doesn't bother me. I'm perfectly happy to just live my own little anti-social SOB of a life and not have to deal with their drama. If I needed any "interpersonal interaction", I would just go outside and yell at the kids to get of my lawn when they are walking to or from the school bus stop.
    Make friends with the nieborhood kids! Do not tick them off! They have all the time they need to make your life miserable! Much more time than you have to try forcing them to your way of thinking.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    Make friends with the nieborhood kids! Do not tick them off! They have all the time they need to make your life miserable! Much more time than you have to try forcing them to your way of thinking.
    Awh, 'ell, I'm not even friends with my family -- why would I want to be friends with some snotty nosed brats?
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

On Heaven's Range

Buckshot's opinion of the annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot has always amused me greatly:

"It's like going to a family reunion where you actually LIKE everybody!"

Truer words,etc etc....

When my then-3-year-old daughter was asked how she chose such a nice Grandmother (in a whole roomful of Grandma's friends), she came out with a saying that I had NO IDEA she'd picked up. "You can pick your friends, but not your relatives." The room erupted in laughter....
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master

I am sorry for your loss and the upheaval created by it, but it looks like you are headed in a good direction, both for you and your niece. Thank you for stepping up.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Master

Prayers that it all works out well for you. Right now i am watching my nieces three young ones she can not or will not care for them hopefully she gets turned around her younger sister will be taking them as soon as she is ready . Not sure what happened right to privacy and all but social workers pulled the kids and dumped them on the grandmother with hours notice (wife's sister) so we are helping her more than the niece.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12