WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASPCA Commercials

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

ASPCA Commercials

Man I hate those commercials tugging at my heart strings. I like cats and Kittens, and dogs are OK, but golly I can't help everybody and really hate seeing those pitiful guys on my TV.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

They euthanize more animals per year than almost any other organization.

Boolit Master
    For awhile PETA was killing every animal they got their hands on. Don't trust Humane Society of United States either. A lot of animal rights groups seem to exist to tell other people how to live and dispose of pets.

Boolit Master

Yeah it gets heatbreaking alright but even more heatbreaking is seeing animals like that close up! Last year a crippled cat came literally crawling into our yard when I called our other cats to eat, she was dragging a hind leg due to an old hip injury and could not hunt in that condition and had not eaten in a long time, I swear that was the skinniest animal I have ever seen that was still alive! How someone could be heartless enough to abandon a crippled animal to starve is just beyond my comprehension, I think the mods would censor me if I said what I really feel about the sorry scum who did this. My first thought was to humanely put her down but I picked her up and she started purring and trying to lick my hand, by then my wife was crying so instead of getting my pistol it was off to the vet for what turned out to be a very long and touchy recovery process! Even the vet thought she probably would not make it but she did and has turned out to be an exceptionally lovable long haired Calico that while still somewhat lame from her injury is now quite fat-n-happy and part of our "herd" here on the farm, most of which are previously abandoned animals.

Boolit Master
    The wife and I feed an outdoor cat that comes to the house on a regular basis all black and you could count his ribs when we first saw him. Today he came and ate (2) two 5.5 oz cans of food and ate half of another along with some milk. I call him half cat figuring that we feed him half the time and somebody else feeds him the other half. The only cat I know of that can meow and hiss like a snake at the same time but he is getting friendlier.

Boolit Grand Master

From what I able been able to gather ASPCA is one of the worst to donate to, something 3% of donations actually go to help animals. They and the Humane Society both donate a part of your donations to groups like the Sierra Club, PITA etc. Yep, the commercials tug at your heart strings exactly as they are meant to, that's how they rake in millions every year. If it gets to you just consider where your money is going and I'd bet you have a change of heart.

If your really want to put some money where it does some real good St Jude's children's hospital is worthwhile, they charge no patients anything.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    cats yes we have cats. they get dropped off here a lot . I call the vet. and say Becky's cat house and they know who we are. we had 10 then a week ago some one brought us another abandoned one. so now we are at 11 maybe more she is starting to swell on the sides.

the way we donate to our local spca. is if we get a good buy on food litter or bleach we take it down. just took a box of litter and some bleach down today. had some extra money just cashed my pension check. in the summer when I mow the fields I load up some of the fresh cut grass and take it down for the horses and goats they have.

the quickest way to shut up a pita nut is to ask them if they have taken any food to a shelter or if they have worked in a shelter.

Boolit Master

Bob we have you beat, we had 16 but the new addition I was talking about makes it 17 now! No we are not nuts we live on a farm back in the boonies and the only time these cats look like a crowd is at feeding time and for the most part they earn their keep around the barns/out buildings. Two of these critters are approaching twenty years old and another two are 13 and 15, these seniors get the special treatment and get to stay inside a heated building during cold and wet weather. I never thought much about cats one way or the other until these critters started to take up residence here and now I have no problem at all admitting I have become quite fond of them, each is unique in it's own way but all got to stay because they demonstrated good nature while the wilder and ill tempered ones were taken to the local shelter (the shelter has a "no kill policy") and we too support them with donations of supplies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cclsk.jpeg 
Views:	401 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	92432

Boolit Master

I have to change the channel.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Grand Master
    I ignore them or change the channel. I will never give money to groups that are anti hunting. Never.

Emotional commercials are there to suck in the weak. I know better.

Boolit Master
    +1 on helping your own local shelter!

Avoid the national buzz like the plague ....... because that's what they are .... snake oil sales people!!

Three 44s

Boolit Master
    3% of donations actually go to help animals. They and the Humane Society both donate a part of your donations to groups like the Sierra Club, PITA. Truer words have never been spoken
    These organizations are full of over paid bloated scum bags.
    They talk a big line but when it comes to actually following up on cases they call state agencies and then take all the credit.
    State agencies put the cases together, prosecute and follow up on offenders to see they don't have anymore animals.
    ASPCA is great about sneaking around with cameras and causing good people a lot of grief.
    They are true con artist the way they play on the publics sentiment.

We have 3 rescue dogs or more accurately a medium dog, a large dog and a barking pony.

That's our old queen on the left. She weighs 45 pounds and is about 13 now. Looks to be Lab and Chow mostly. The good for nothing fatty on the right is 3/4 lab and a 1/4 golden retriever and has the IQ of a dirt clod. He's about 8 now.

This is Lord Remington. He wandered into my daughters place 3 1/2 years ago. He was starved and neglected and weighed 86 pounds. You could see every vertebrae and every rib and he had terrible ear infections. He's up to 106 in this pic and is healthy now, but his growth was stunted. He should weigh around 150. I've gotten way too attached to this big guy and I am going to be heart broken when he dies. He's a full blood great dane and I found out where he came from. Previous owner wanted him back and it was all I could do to not shut his scrotum in a car door. Never been around an animal that is so loving and loyal and protective. It's amazing what he will tolerate from my 6 year old grand daughter. However if a stranger reaches over my fence, he's going to pull back a stump.
    " A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton

The dead don't know they are dead. It only affects those around them.
    It's the same with stupid.

Boolit Master
    The CEO of the ASPCA is paid $566,000.00 a year. If they need more donations, he can make them.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

Love my pets, HATE ASPCA and have to mute or change channel on those nasty
    commercials.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

If you want to make a difference, contribute directly.
    Never buy pets from pet stores unless they vend for shelters. My wife and I are good friends with our Vet, so we get a discount on spaying and neutering. We periodically will snatch up the local alley cats and haven them fixed and get their shots.
    I will on occasion have the duty to put down a cat that is simply a medical disaster. I figure this is the kindest thing I can do for the creature.
    I like cats. They have a delightful "kiss my posterior" attitude that I can relate to.

Boolit Master

We have 6 cats that would have been done in. They do a great job of riding the place of rodents. I find little leftovers around the porch. It seems they don't like feet and tails. They were wild as can be but now all can be picked up and most are purring before you start to pet their head. My wife is begining to like them as she hates rodents more than she is allergic to cats. We live in the sticks and from time to time a cat will disappear, bobcat or coyote meal I suspect. They still live good and if they are smart they live here and become old cats with tenure.
    Lewis AKA Wright Brothers Gunsmiths

"Illegitimus non carborundum"

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*rd by the clean end!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Man I hate those commercials tugging at my heart strings. I like cats and Kittens, and dogs are OK, but golly I can't help everybody and really hate seeing those pitiful guys on my TV.
    I remember those back when I actually had TV. Anytime anyone tries what I call emotional manipulation to get there way to me are bottom feeders.

I do like my animals and people that know us always say pretty much the same thing....if there's any such thing as reincarnation we want to come back as 1 of your dogs. They do get pampered/spoiled around here and we call it the best retirement home any dog could ever want.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    Anytime anyone tries what I call emotional manipulation to get there way to me are bottom feeders.
    Refreshing to see someone that thinks for themselves and sees such commercials for exactly what they are.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Refreshing to see someone that thinks for themselves and sees such commercials for exactly what they are.

Rick
    That is all it is, an attack based on emotions.

They want you to believe that unless you send them money you aren't an animal lover. We have 2 cats but I wouldn't be caught dead sending them money. Love my cats, hate that group.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast