MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to find 22lr at Wal-mart

Banned

yup i can load 38 specials with cast for less then what there selling 22s for these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I don't need, or want, ammo that bad.

Boolit Buddy
    Stopped on local shop in our area yesterday. He had all sorts of primers, more powder than I'd seen for a while. Got a jar of HP-38 and said it looked like he was about back to normal. He said he'd be back to normal when he had .22 rim fire on the shelf. Nobody is cleaning him out on shipment day, he can't get any in! Unique powder is also hard to find here.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    Dave,

Remember, some people will complain about nothing to beeeech about.

Ain't that the truth and to ad insult to injury most of those complaining about 22 hoarders hoard lead and tin.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

More barcodes for ya'll

These ^^^ look to be the Federal copper washed ones I like so much:

These appear to be Winchester's, which by the price must be like a 1,000 round box or bucket??? :

And last, but not least, I think these are CCI MiniMags??? :

Hope that helps somebody here...again, let your fingers do the walking... Call the Walmart customer service and ask them to punch those numbers in.

I've found the easiest way to find 22lr ammo is to bring up my local swap and sell internet site and see the nice people asking at least 3 times what they paid for it. You can spot the Walmart buyers pretty quickly when they have quantities divisible by 3, as the stores around me impose a 3 box per customer limit.

1 local ad has 2 boxes of Federal Premium (325ct) asking $75. He goes on to states in his ad that he isn't trying to make a killing, he's only trying to recoup some of his money. Hmmmm $37.50 per box for what sells for $13.97 at Walmart.
    Last edited by novalty; 01-11-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=novalty

Quote Originally Posted by novalty View Post
    I've found the easiest way to find 22lr ammo is to bring up my local swap and sell internet site and see the nice people asking at least 3 times what they paid for it. You can spot the Walmart buyers pretty quickly when they have quantities divisible by 3, as the stores around me impose a 3 box per customer limit.

2 local ad has 2 boxes of Federal Premium (325ct) asking $75. He goes on to states in his ad that he isn't trying to make a killing, he's only trying to recoup some of his money. Hmmmm $37.50 per box for what sells for $13.97 at Walmart.
    What's 3x the price between friends? <=I'm on my phone otherwise I would turn the font purple.

I for one, am getting rid of everything i have that shoots 22 rimfire.... There is no wall mart here.... And there is none available.... I am working on the stocks right now and when they are done, i am selling them off... If i cant reload it, i dont want it...

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanGuy View Post
    I for one, am getting rid of everything i have that shoots 22 rimfire.... There is no wall mart here.... And there is none available.... I am working on the stocks right now and when they are done, i am selling them off... If i cant reload it, i dont want it...
    In your location I can completely understand your reasoning.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I don't think that I'll get rid of my 22 rim fire's just yet. But I can still scrounge ammo at decent prices. But still, I'll hang on to them. They ain't eating anything unless I'm shooting them.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Nothing quite fills the 22 niche like a 22LR.

Right between pellets and mouse fart 38 specials.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Not Wal*Mart, but it is ammunition.
    http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Mold
    I have a Handi Rifle in .38 special that has become my new age .22 rifle. And a BIG box of boolits......I don't even look for .22's anymore.

Boolit Bub
    In northern Nevada all the stores can't seem to get any .22 LR in stock. I went to an auction house a couple weeks ago and they had a few bricks of .22 LR. They went for $65/brick, then people paid a 10% buyers fee on top of that.

Boolit Master

All well and good to say "just shoot 38 specials for less", but that would mean I need to buy at least 2 pistols and a rifle for my kids, and at that they would have to share. And I'm not sure my son is able to shoot 38's right now. Moving a kid up to a larger caliber before they are ready is a good way to create a flinch. Been there, done that. So I guess we will just shoot matches until my current stock runs out, assuming the current madness continues that long. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, this being directed to the people who think buying all you can, even if you don't need it, is the American way. I respectfully disagree.

I've been able to buy 22 here from a local guy at not too inflated prices. I haven't checked with him in a couple months though. I haven't needed any. I've got 3-4 value packs to shoot up. 22 RF is what the wife practices with and I get to enjoy plinking with it when I'm shooting with her.
    I agree, not the best idea for everyone to just swap over to a 38 from a 22.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

The one thing that you guys fail to miss with the horder label, is that has anyone notice how MANY new guns are chambered for 22lr? Heck there is even a Glock 22LR conversion kit. The shortage may be enhanced by the 'horders' i.e. resellers, but there are a LOT more folks with handguns and rifles shooting 22s than 5 yrs ago. Don't think for one minute the guys making the rounds aren't pumping it out as fast as they can.
    and BTW, my Walmarts are pretty bare all around. The Academy has almost every round BUT 22LR and 243 Win rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    The one thing that you guys fail to miss with the horder label, is that has anyone notice how MANY new guns are chambered for 22lr? Heck there is even a Glock 22LR conversion kit. The shortage may be enhanced by the 'horders' i.e. resellers, but there are a LOT more folks with handguns and rifles shooting 22s than 5 yrs ago. Don't think for one minute the guys making the rounds aren't pumping it out as fast as they can.
    and BTW, my Walmarts are pretty bare all around. The Academy has almost every round BUT 22LR and 243 Win rounds.
    You are correct. Remember just several months ago, handguns were as scarce as hen's teeth on the store shelves. There was news article after article about how many new gun owners there were after the scare.

I was at an Academy a few weeks ago. I looked over their selection of ammo while there. They had a lot but after looking at the prices, I wasn't surprised.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Bub
    Good news!!! I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to give some good news. This a.m. I walked into my local gun shop here in NW Georgia and for the first time in over 3 years he has 22 LR ammo on the shelf! Federal "Game Shock" 36 gr HP's. He tells me "things are finally starting to loosen up" and he will likely be able to keep stock on hand of Remington and Federal 22's. Best thing for me was $4 out the door for a box of 50 with no quantity limit!

Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, here, the local one gets them in on eihter Tue. or Thu., and if you're not there at the right time, they're sold out. They're not that cheap, either, and I just prefer to lay in more supplies, because as has been said, by casting, I can shoot .357's and others cheaper than I can .22 LR. Makes it harder to train the grandboys, though. If this is the toughest thing we face in our near future, I'll be surprised .... and relieved!

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    +100 on that! If I can't reload it, I don't shoot it!

banger
    You can reload .22lr

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast