Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point or Glock?

Boolit Master
    GLOCK hands down. Best pistols on the market.

Boolit Master
    For what it's worth the Glock's, M&P series, XDM's and the like are light years better than the Hi-Point and more reliable than most 1911's.

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    Interesting. The PRO has exactly the same lower as the FS gun, ie they are identical. The FS has never had extraction problems and if it hasn't the PRO hasn't either. Sounds like "internet" gossip to me. I have over 5K rounds through both my PROs and at least 10K on my FS 9MM without any sort of extraction problem but I could be the exception. Both the Glock and the M&P, like most gouns are reliable shooters. For me the Glockis uncomfortable in my hand - I'm not the first to say the hump at the back of the Glock is uncimfortable - and the grip angle has the gun pointing up when drawn. The S&W offering uses the 1911 grip angle vs the Luger angle found in the Glock and is far more comfortable in my hand. Your mileage nay vary.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Master
    I shot a Hipoint a week or so ago and was pleasantly surprised. I think it was the additional weight that knocked the top off the recoil off the .40 cal round. I will probably get one in the near future as it also fit my hand which is unusual in a semi.

It is a nice pistol. It impressed me as a working gun.

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    For what it's worth the Glock's, M&P series, XDM's and the like are light years better than the Hi-Point and more reliable than most 1911's.
    This in spades.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a JHP (45) Hi-Point literally as a whim, impulse buy at a gun show. $140 It's heavy, top heavy and, yup is flat black powder coated (as are the boolits coming out of it at present) pot metal. I thought, well, I'll probably sell it at a loss and I'd hate it after I got it home. But I went to the range, put cheap PMC ammo into it and shot probably one of the best groups out of it of any pistol I ever tried. I mean from the factory, the sights were dead on, and the heavy weight means it's one of the lowest recoil pistols I've ever tried. It's a GREAT range toy and would make a fabulous "truck gun".

I've never had a FTF or FTE on it. Very reliable... It's butt simple and ugly.. but reliable. I actually have had people ask what should they start with reloading and I recommend the 45 ACP (as it's a low pressure load) and one of these Hi-Points as I think it would be very hard to blow up (even with a double charge).

The only issue I had is that I didn't bother slugging the barrel and.. well.. before PCing I had severe leading problems.. but now I don't bother sizing and I also PC and that problem is gone too...

The other night when reading the debates about the new 380 Glock 42, I thought, geeze those things are ugly.. looks like my Hi-Point.. ...I about spit up my coffee here when I came across this thread. I don't have great love for Glocks, and for sure two Hi-Point pistols and a carbine for the price of a Glock is a no brainer. Would I carry a Hi Point? No. I probably wouldn't carry a Glock either. But I don't disrespect those who love the ugly expensive Austrian devices though.. I get the love for them...

Boolit Bub
    I love hi points! I have one on the end of a rope to hold my canoe still while fishing!!!

Boolit Master
    I have shot both and found them both to be reliable.
    I found the Glock to be more accurate at longer distance with the ammo we used.
    As others have said it would mostly come down to a matter of $.
    One plus for the Highpoint is I would not feel to bad handing it over to the cops if I had to use it for personal defense.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Grand Master

Older thread but I'll weigh in. I have 3 Hi Points. Ugly, cheap and indestructible. They also have a great grip and the heavy slide kills recoil. Not the most refined pistol and I wouldn't carry one every day due to the weight but I love to shoot mine. I also like the finish. The matte powder coat is what I like about it. I have never been a fan of shiny pistols hence my safe full of BH's.
    The Hi Point customer service is top notch. I bought a used one that a junior achiever wanna be pistol smith messed with and I need a few parts. Called them up, spoke to a nice lady on the phone and she mailed me the parts free of charge. Can't beat that.

If your on a budget and need a self defense/nightstand gun I'd would not hesitate to recommend one
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I've owned both. HiPoint C9, JHP, and 995 and Glock 37, 21, and 17. I still own a HiPoint. I doubt I'll ever own another Glock.

Boolit Master
    Hands down, have to go with a glock. i have two and never a malfunction......ever.

Boolit Master

Had an old 995, chrome receiver, named it "Bling". Could shoot squirrels out to 25 yards with a cheap BSA reddot. Swear I had a total $150 in it! Gave it to my oldest daughter in the divorce.

Had four of the 40 S&W pistols. Made them "permanently unsafe" by screwing the "safe" (piece of bent tin) on off and keeping a full mag with an empty chamber. Kept them hidden in the garage, laundry room, van, and shed. Shot regularly. Never a misfire. Really liked the Lee TL bullet with Red Dot at power factor velocity. Can't remember the charge.

Had a C9 that sucked! Jamomatic.

Didn't like the 4095, 40 S&W carbine. Too heavy and long and unwieldy.

Had Glocks G17,G19,G35, and G20. Liked them all, just never warmed up to them. Never have and never will think that a polymer pistol is worth over $300 dollars. Surely not $500.

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Glock. I have carried and shot Glock pistols in 9mm and 40 S&W for the past 15 years.

Had a Hi point 40 was to big for my hands now have a Ruger.

For all you Hi-Point haters. WARNING!!! ONE curse word!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c

Quote Originally Posted by 43PU View Post
    For all you Hi-Point haters. WARNING!!! ONE curse word!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c
    Wow that thing is mean. Like Joe Dirt would say, Daaanngg!
    As far as Hi-Points go, I love my JHP .45 ACP.
    I love to mention them to snobby guys and piss them off.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Master
    without putting down the hi-point for being what it is a fine low cost gun , what it is not is a high capacity pistol with fast reloads and the largest availability of holsters of any pistol and fairly low weight

I am not glock fan don't even own one , but gosh it sure would be nice to walk into a store and have every make and model of holster made for your gun

your hi-point may shoot very well but in a game that needs rounds on target fast I don't see how it can compete against one of the top 2 guns in competitive shooting

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm bringing this back to see what the new crop of shooters say.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Toyota or Hyundai…
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

I'm not exactly new crop, but it's Glock for me.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The new "Yeet Cannon" from HP has a 10 round flush fit mag, a grip safety, and the contours of the slide are less brick-like than previous ones. For what little it costs, I don't think it's a bad choice especially if it's not going to be used for CCW. Price wise, the only other things within range are Sccy which have their own unresolved issues and total junk like Jimenez. Once in awhile you can catch the Taurus G2C on sale for a bit more than $200.00 but they're usually $240.00 here.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast