MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: 45 ACP Reloaded Shotshells

Boolit Master

Thumbs up 45 ACP Reloaded Shotshells

This is a great idea,and video,please comment on your opinion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LC4_UZfJZE
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Buddy

Yes looks great. Love that youtube channel.

In Remembrance
    And here I thought this would be about the sticky on my thread on how to make them..

This .http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hells-(My-Way)
    Last edited by GRUMPA; 12-27-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added link
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master

,Thank God there are folks out there like Grumpa,and the guy in the video to come up with great ideas like this topic for us logically challenged folks like myself!
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Master
    I read grumpas thread. Love that I don't need over $200 in dies to do the conversion.

Hi there. Grumpa was very helpful to me when I was first researching this project as a candidate for Youtube. PM's and information from him gave me a foothold then I also began gathering more info, digging up old magazine articles, experimenting, historical research, etc. Now, 10 months later I have produced two videos, one that uses the RCBS dies and one that uses regular dies. Both methods work well. The RCBS dies are a turnkey solution that will get you up and running quickly but at high cost. Grumpa's method requires some tinkering but will turn out a great product too, and at a much lower cost. Many of us here like the tinkering aspect and we prefer to use tools that we probably already own, but there are also many out there who would like a turnkey solution. I decided for this project to try both methods and they are both good. What it boils down to is that when it comes to 45ACP Shotshells... Grumpa is the man!

To you Grumpa!

In Remembrance
    Thanks for the praise, my goal is to be able to make things that are easy to acquire and produce something as good as or better than what someone has to pay for.

Although I wont elaborate on the technique I'm making a shot load for the 300 Blackout right now with a 140-150gr shot load. That is a bit more involved to make and I actually needed to make my own forming dies for these.

After I fine tune that project I've got a 9mm version in the works made from 223 brass.

Talk about to many irons in the fire right now.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master

I think I will try some using a mix of both methods. Grumpa's forming since I have those dies and the .410 shot cups to me would give a little better pattern. It ain't like a guy needs a ton of these, a couple of mags would do me for quite a while.

Boolit Master
    Excellent treatise on the subject. Big thanks to both of you. I like the idea of using a 40 sizing die since I already have those, and the use of 410 wads is good too. Can't wait to try it out.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Bub
    I bought a set of the RCBS dies back about 1980 or so when they were strictly special order. I have made up probably over 200 rounds of this cartridge and they have worked very well on "legless" varmits. That video is an excellent tutorial for anyone considering making these.